Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Speedflow Products 2011 catalogue

factory cars seem to do allright withough fancy annodised fittings everywhere.
    this signature intentionally left blank

Opens
    factory cars aren't pulled apart and put back together regularly.

Mr Ed

I think they are just a little cheaper in the UK as RZ said but if you compare the pound to the Aussie dollar you might work out that the poms are getting ripped off, instead of us.
    I do agree that he came here to pedal his stuffs and i don't think they would give us a discount either.

Speedflow hasn't been too clear in his posts, but i don't think we need to hammer the guy over a question you should already of worked out yourselves? plus you cunts were asking the wrong Q's all along.

Opens
    Have used most types of AN fittings over the years.. earls, speedflow, aeroquip.

IMO Speedflow shit on the rest (quality, design, availability) from a great height.... even at almost twice the price id not even be tempted to look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BoganDAVE View Post
    Hi, I like aeroquip, cause it does the job and is shitloads cheaper

hth.

ps, fuck off with your advertising douche.
    lol, if you can't win the argument change the argument

Thank you for not smoking
    Amusing hypocrite is amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

furious masturbater SausageFingers's Avatar
    here for the Gangba...

Oh fuck, I missed it.

Welcome Speedflow.
    I attended the PF vs Powerchip thread 2010 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Came for the drinks, but stayed for the gangbang.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Fuck the cunt. He was given ample opportunity to dispute what people were saying, he chose not to. It has since been shown that the same products are available from overseas cheaper than here, so the point still stands and Aaron is yet to answer it.

How is he going to be useful to have on your side? Is he going to give you cheaper prices because you give him good old Aussie welcoming blow jobs? No, hes going to charge you more than he would if you lived in the UK.

He didnt come here to contribute, he came here to sell stuff.
    By same you mean a different brand manufactured in a different country? Or are you referring to the 40c price difference between Australia and the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by [RX3] View Post
    By same you mean a different brand manufactured in a different country? Or are you referring to the 40c price difference between Australia and the UK?
    No, the $3.15 price difference once the product is on the other side of the world.

6.85 = $10.96 AUD
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by Rz View Post
    yeh , like comparing a landcruiser to a TATA.
    ill have some landcruiser thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchypiMp View Post
    Amusing hypocrite is amusing.
    comprehension, try it some time
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Yoda
    I <3 Hamster

Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by 1N R 004 omsin View Post
    I do agree that he came here to pedal his stuffs and i don't think they would give us a discount either.
    I tried to organise a discount for PF'ers but that apparently has to go through the state distributors.

I'm not interested in whether he gives a discount or not... I'd be more happy being able to chat to someone when i need some advice on what I should do/go for...

Quote Originally Posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
    I'm not interested in whether he gives a discount or not... I'd be more happy being able to chat to someone when i need some advice on what I should do/go for...
    Exactly, but now you cant because Ed & others fucked up & wont admit it.

comprehension, try it some time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Quote Originally Posted by Billzilla View Post
    I tried to organise a discount for PF'ers but that apparently has to go through the state distributors.
    Did you tell him he has to discuss advertising on with the PF state distributors?

Meh
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Billzilla View Post
    Good work Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
    It's a bit hard for some businesses , have you ever called up any big workshops? usually they have a secretary who answers and when you ask a tech Question the put you on to a mechanic. Most businesses cant afford to have another mechanic not working and just answering Questions on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by edo View Post
    Exactly, but now you cant because Ed & others fucked up & wont admit it.
    Suck my dick and go read the first page again. I wasnt the one insulting anyone, I was asking legitimate questions which he blatantly ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchypiMp View Post
    cool pic.

p.s. if you are going to count that as a win, then you are feeble
    I <3 Hamster

Fuck the cunt. He was given ample opportunity to dispute what people were saying, he chose not to. It has since been shown that the same products are available from overseas cheaper than here, so the point still stands and Aaron is yet to answer it.

How is he going to be useful to have on your side? Is he going to give you cheaper prices because you give him good old Aussie welcoming blow jobs? No, hes going to charge you more than he would if you lived in the UK.

He didnt come here to contribute, he came here to sell stuff.
    The guy probably knows a thing or two about fittings, he could probably sort out someone who was in a tight spot and needed something unique, quick.

Maybe he could assist with sponsorship of a pf members race car?

Maybe he could administer CPR to a pf member at the beach, who fucking knows?

Its ok though, looks like he has given up. I guess he should have taken the bait and started arguing, so he could prove himself more.

Quote Originally Posted by 1N R 004 omsin View Post
    It's a bit hard for some businesses , have you ever called up any big workshops? usually they have a secretary who answers and when you ask a tech Question the put you on to a mechanic. Most businesses cant afford to have another mechanic not working and just answering Questions on the internet.
    Oh for sure, i fully understand this, i meant in terms of speaking with Speedflow themselves which whenever i've called have been more than helpful.

Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by rexxxy View Post
    Its ok though, looks like he has given up. I guess he should have taken the bait and started arguing, so he could prove himself more.
    The main (real) argument here was they cost more than some brands overseas and he answered that the reason for that was that the Speedflow gear was made here and the local wages are higher than in China, where most other brands are made.
    One unresolved point was the apparent costs of freighting the units around Aus and other places.
    I'd like to see him make a bit of an effort to get the state distributors to please give us some kind of discount, as a lot of us here prefer the Speedflow brand over others.

The guy probably knows a thing or two about fittings, he could probably sort out someone who was in a tight spot and needed something unique, quick.

and there are loads of people who do that without their first post being a blatant add. Look at Dale, TK and Scott, plenty of advice and good info given which has seen plenty of work go there way without the blantant sales pitch.

ps, forums with paid advertising generally suck balls because you can never recommend anything outside the forum sponsors and anything said even slightly negative about sponsors = instaban no matter how true.

Go check out LS1.com.au to see how it fucks up a website. We paid cash to keep this place running so that it wouldn't need to have paid advertising and the problems that it brings
    Last edited by Dave; 18-01-11 at 11:50 AM.
    I <3 Hamster

Maybe so

Maybe if when I said "from memory" heres some cheaper prices of the same stuff, he could have replied with "No, we dont sell our product through that company or in the US". I would think that is information a salesman for the company would know off hand and would be happy to mention.

I have admitted fault for the incorrect mention of the products from JEGS. I sent the bandwagon rolling, but I handed the brakes to SPEEDFLOW and he was too busy chatting up some people in the back row.
    Last edited by Mr Ed; 18-01-11 at 11:50 AM.

We should organise a PF Speedflow account and do monthly purchases for discounted prices? Bill will administer and be paid in beer?

Sensei Cobra
    Suck my dick and go read the first page again. I wasnt the one insulting anyone, I was asking legitimate questions which he blatantly ignored.
    Probably because he considered it a question that was irrelevant to his business. He let plenty of other insulting shit from the first page go through to the keeper as well.

The UK pricing would have set at some point when the distribution arrangement was set up. At that point in time, the exhange rate would have been different. The agreement would likely have stated the agreed exchange between the manufacturer and the distributor for a period of time, intervals at which it could be reviewed and an agreed recommended retail price all so that the manufacturer could reach their desired margin. Given the size of the market in the UK, they might have determined to reduce the margin on individual items in order to better compete with other products, and hope to make that up by selling increased volume. Maybe they didn't and if you compared the price of the day in AUD vs GBP, it might well have been the same.

Now the AUD is stronger against the GBP, the GBP price is cheaper. But the agreements remain in place. So the someone is now losing out more than they were when the agreement was set. In a lot of cases, this is usually the manufacturer.
    Last edited by bahaimus; 18-01-11 at 11:51 AM.

lol, backhanded appology ftw!
    I <3 Hamster

No, the $3.15 price difference once the product is on the other side of the world.

6.85 = $10.96 AUD
    By todays exchange rate yes. I would think that it would make more of a business sense to provide a discount to a distributor to get both your name and product recognised and established in a country that hasn't stocked the brand before.

I checked some other prices on the speedflow.co.uk website, the price difference for this item is a little over $8 CHEAPER here in Australia.

This item is also about 30cents cheaper in Aus

edit - bahaimus beat me to the 1st point...
    Last edited by [RX3]; 18-01-11 at 11:59 AM.

Guys, I sent an email to Speedflow as I feel that they could be of benefit to all.

Hi Matt

Thanks for your concern.

Aaron is an employee of Speedflow and he was just letting everyone know that we had a new catalogue available.

Our company has not done much advertising in the past as we believe our products sell so well by referrals.
    We have decided to become more proactive and were willing to help people with their questions.
    But if this is the type of people we will encounter on some forums then this is not a useful environment for us.

Obviously some people out there have issues and will never understand (and do not want to know!) why it cost so much to manufacture in Australia rather than China and have no interest or pride in supporting our local economy.
    We have more to worry about than uniformed guys on keyboards that are only looking to be trouble and not discuss in a constructive manner.

I have told Aaron he is to take no further part in the discussion on this Forum and I do not want any further part if we cannot help out productively.

I believe Aaron is arranging to send catalogues out to you, thanks for interest and I hope these will be helpful.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

Shaun Liefting
    Managing Director
    shaun@speedflow.com.au
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

so that's a 'no' on the PF discount?