Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 13s for $1300. MA70 1JZGTE

Now with more ebay parts. 2JZR31's Avatar

13s for $1300. MA70 1JZGTE

Yes this was for sale on PF and other forums for 5K (we were the ones selling it). But just like Rogers car, no one wanted it and it was purchased for $1000. Guys on the forum that know us, will verify this is what we have been saying the car was purchased for since before the 13 for 13 sec was started. The purchase of this car had nothing to do with the 13 for 13 idea. It was purchased my my Brother Gary who just wanted to sell it for a quick buck and he didn't want to do much work on it, but when no one wanted it, it was easier to convince him to enter the challenge. The reluctance was also due to admitting it was purchased for $1000 which would hurt future sales.

Engine is 1JZGTE with R154. An auto would be quicker.

The thing didn't run right with a crap idle which no one could fix. That was a contributing factor to it selling so cheap. But without thinking of the 13 for 13 challenge he purchased an ECU for $100 which cured the prob. This sucked as Al would have given us one that he had ready for the rubbish tip. If funds get close we can race it with the fucked ECU as it only affects the idle.

Last edited by 2JZR31; 14-02-11 at 09:54 AM.
    10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

I fitted an FCD too so we can run as much boost as we like, it cost me $5 to make. The car has a stock JZA70 intercooler.

Al accidentally had like 20 x 1JZ turbo flange plates made and he gave us a couple and a 2 x 3" flanges. The rest of the exhaust was mainly rubbish that was going to be binned at my mates house Left over remnants of my R31 exhaust and his Aristo exhaust plus a 3" cannon left over from Garys soarer before he ran 2 X 2.5 exhausts. Confirmation of it being rubbish is in pics below . It literally cost us nothing and pretty much nothing of this would have been worth anything. So say $50?

Gary made some ghetto dump pipes with the flanges off Al. We then done the most dodgy 3" exhaust ever made from the rubbish pipe. We used a MIG welder that had run out of gas lol. Pics are hilarious.

We will clean it up a little and weld all the gaps when we get gas.

LOL

Last edited by 2JZR31; 08-02-11 at 07:35 PM.
    10.83 @ 125

Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Are we allowed to borrow these?

10.83 @ 125

Nice price reduction. And nice work on the exhaust...

What time are you expecting to run actually? Just a 13?

these things run 13's stock.... this is in the bag JZ Styles
    And the really stupid thing, once youv done your 13, sellt he motor and gearbox for 2.5k...ie profit
    Last edited by 60TJZ; 08-02-11 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by psssi98 View Post
    It is also a concern that they are selling this to get a family car - meaning they have already bred.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Nice price reduction. And nice work on the exhaust...

What time are you expecting to run actually? Just a 13?
    We were the ones trying to sell it for 5K. I think the guy who sold it to my brother only asked 1.5K or something stupid. I think it will have the power to run low 12s. But with the manual it will probably just do 13s but with good MPH.

We were pissing our selves laughing when we made the exhaust. Minimal effort. Maximum gains.
    Last edited by 2JZR31; 08-02-11 at 08:03 PM.
    10.83 @ 125

Quote Originally Posted by 60TJZ View Post
    these things run 13's stock.... this is in the bag JZ Styles
    And the really stupid thing, once youv done your 13, sellt he motor and gearbox for 2.5k...ie profit
    This had a NA 7M in it so it would have done a 16 The exhaust was still NA 7M. I was hoping with some paint etc someone might buy it for 4 or 5K or so.
    Last edited by 2JZR31; 08-02-11 at 08:10 PM.
    10.83 @ 125

Quote Originally Posted by 2JZR31 View Post
    We were the ones trying to sell it for 5K. I think the guy who sold it to my brother only asked 1.5K or something stupid.
    I'm glad when you posted the ad that I couldn't convince myself that having a look at it was a smart idea then... haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    I'm glad when you posted the ad that I couldn't convince myself that having a look at it was a smart idea then... haha.
    In reality though. An item is worth what it is worth. What someone else paid for it should not change its intrinsic value. But in reality, it is going to piss people off when they know you are asking 5 times the price you purchased it for and they won't buy it in spite. The whole retail world is based on buying shit for X and selling it for heaps more.
    10.83 @ 125

I have some extra pics and short vids to ad to this build once I find time to chuck them up. Will be very intersted to see how this comes together. Has the potential to look the tits with a flat black paint job and the new wheels Gary picked up. Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Not flat black...do olive drab!
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe, and from this side only! The flight of a half-man, half-bird. Dinosaurs nuzzling their young in pastures where strip-malls should be. Cookies on dowels. All those moments lost in time; gone like eggs off a hooker's stomach. Time to die.
    - Phil Ken Sebben

Reminds me of my Cressida exhaust - whats a cat and mufflers?

Mine was hks loving though - it will be fucking loud!
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Damn it love the exhaust, easy 13s with minimal effort
    2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
    SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
    1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
    -------------------------
    http://www.oke020.com

7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Are we allowed to borrow these?

Sure..
    What are we going to call the value of a set of et's? 300??
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

I thought there was a specific rule saying you can borrow tyres with no value taken off your budget?
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

This had a NA 7M in it so it would have done a 16 The exhaust was still NA 7M. I was hoping with some paint etc someone might buy it for 4 or 5K or so.
    Well deeer its a pre '88 lol
    I meant stock 1js in a mark 3... maybe you should stick to nissans lol
    Quote Originally Posted by psssi98 View Post
    It is also a concern that they are selling this to get a family car - meaning they have already bred.

is unplugging your matrix aaron_hogan's Avatar
    Tyres aren't included in the build cost AFAIK

This represents such a good score I can hardly fathom it. You are starting with a running, JZ engine converted, factory turbo car that needs minimal work to begin with. Others have clapped out clunkers that need tonnes of work and no small amount of spendy action.

But good on you for giving it a crack and its awesome to see people getting involved for the sake of it because to me that's what this is all about.

Glad to see there is some actual work being done on it. If you just changed the ecu and ran it as is i would lodge a sandy vag protest. While i'm sure you are compliant with the claytons rules, i'm not sure you will win any prizes for sportsmanship by running a "JZ". Actually you deserve the ashtray for this alone. But thats just my jealousy coming through.

Its as though you need a handicap, or at least more ghetto mods

p.s. Don't take any of this seriously.

Pft, the whole concept was Dennis's idea, hes pretty much abiding by the rules by default no matter what he does. If a bunch of cunts decided to build a truck requiring 90% of it to be changed instead of looking around for a cheapo JZ/whatever equiped vehicle, thats their problem.

There was another one of these posted in that good deals thread that would have come in under $1000, running, auto that had some easily fixable front end damage, no one wanted it, so tough shit.

Yeah cool I was asking because I was going to cheat and get a loan of some aswell lol

Watch that Uncle guy he's a cheating bastard
    Hahaha
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Jim I am shocked you would say such a thing!

I'm shocked I haven't been accused of it yet!
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Quote Originally Posted by aaron_hogan View Post
    Tyres aren't included in the build cost AFAIK

This represents such a good score I can hardly fathom it. You are starting with a running, JZ engine converted, factory turbo car that needs minimal work to begin with. Others have clapped out clunkers that need tonnes of work and no small amount of spendy action.

But good on you for giving it a crack and its awesome to see people getting involved for the sake of it because to me that's what this is all about.

Glad to see there is some actual work being done on it. If you just changed the ecu and ran it as is i would lodge a sandy vag protest. While i'm sure you are compliant with the claytons rules, i'm not sure you will win any prizes for sportsmanship by running a "JZ". Actually you deserve the ashtray for this alone. But thats just my jealousy coming through.

Its as though you need a handicap, or at least more ghetto mods

p.s. Don't take any of this seriously.
    Hey I agree. My idea was to not have rules, as rules can be exploited. It was supposed to be a fun event and hard rules only make it more serious. Then someone more important than me wrote the rules and I was not even consulted before they went up. I have now entered a car conforming to their rules, so its pretty hard for anyone to get upset at me when the car conforms. Especially we have now admitted the cost of the car making it near impossible for Gary (who is poor as all fuck and needs the money) to sell for what it is worth. As ED said, there is another one for sale for fuck all. Someone should buy that.

Here are specs of stock ones.

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=19978

We just want to enter something for the fun of it. I hope this does not deter other people from entering. The workmanship, ingenuity and skills needed to make a slow shitbox like a VN or EA do 13s is really what this was about at the beginning and I think people will take this into account. But buying stuff for the right price is also part of this challenge.
    Last edited by 2JZR31; 09-02-11 at 09:37 AM.
    10.83 @ 125

Well said!
    We are having a great time mucking around in the shed on a Friday night.
    I am trying to have a dry Febuary and it's farking hard to stay off the beers so this is helping, sort of lol

The other cheap one sold already.

I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

That and the laundering of drug money Jim

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    10charatersssssss

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    1UZ+1NZ...

Fuck! I forgot about money laundering!!!
    Cocaine's a helluva drug.

Rofl! Im in a sig again hahaha

Should piss it in

Nice buy!
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore