View Poll Results: 10 + 10 x 0 =

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10

    161 62.65%
  • 20

    12 4.67%
  • 0

    84 32.68%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 203

Thread: 10 + 10 x 0 =

  1. #91
    Battery Powered MickyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    5,777
    Quote Originally Posted by nash View Post
    Fixed.
    wrong

    lim(x->0) 1/x= infinity

    which is not the same as 1/0=infinity
    2014 Brilliant Black Audi S3
    2011 Smart ForTwo

  2. #92
    Thank you for smoking <---cop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    .
    Posts
    6,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Billzilla View Post
    Okay you think the order of operations is confusing, how about I prove that Pi (the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter) is not 3.14159 but in fact 4.0?



    Go for it guys.
    You reckon that's cool? I just invented a perpetual motion vehicle!


  3. #93
    nash
    Guest
    Almost anything divided by zero projects itself to infinity. There is actually a wealth of theory devoted to the subject in higher order calculus and algebra that goes a little far beyond "ERR" message on your year 10 scientific calculator. Dividing by zero is hardly undefined, just of limited use.

  4. #94
    PSI lover boostedbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    mildura
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    You reckon that's cool? I just invented a perpetual motion vehicle!

    hahahha thats gold
    THE TOY:ef futura turbo now n/a for rwc purposes
    THE DAILY: EF GLI 4.0l turbo, j3 chip, lsd, fairmont interior, vortech fmu

  5. #95
    Meh
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    26,940
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedbb View Post
    hahahha thats gold
    (He doesn't know it's going in reverse ....)

  6. #96
    nash
    Guest
    No there are little grey lines showing motion is occuring in the forward direction. It is CLEARLY depicted in the diagram, Bill.

  7. #97
    Meh
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    26,940
    Quote Originally Posted by nash View Post
    No there are little grey lines showing motion is occuring in the forward direction. It is CLEARLY depicted in the diagram, Bill.
    Faced with such irrefutable scientific evidence, I must agree.

  8. #98
    Loves the french Carlos the Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,548
    at least someone here admits when they're wrong
    i hate french cunts

  9. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FNQ
    Posts
    444
    Great, I'm goiung to go and build myself one as well. Quick question though, how do you turn it off/stop? Or perhaps you can't, seeing it's in perpetual motion. Bugger!

    Mick

  10. #100
    Loves the french Carlos the Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by JMick View Post
    Great, I'm goiung to go and build myself one as well. Quick question though, how do you turn it off/stop? Or perhaps you can't, seeing it's in perpetual motion. Bugger!

    Mick
    rotate one of the magnets around, or does that make it go backwards?
    i hate french cunts

  11. #101
    Resident Expert too_much_boost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Racetrack
    Posts
    508
    Chuck Norris can divide by zero
    Disclaimer: I may have no idea what I am talking about

  12. #102
    Not a Mod ZENNON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,356
    Quote Originally Posted by 02PRUV View Post
    How old are you? Cause I want to see if they are changing the way they teach maths at school. Cause I was born in 1980 my wife was born in 1983 and we got the same answer. Read it left to right without brackets. I also checked with my old man and he got the same answer of read it left to right without brackets and he was born 1949 and he was really good at school. So unless teaching has changed the answer is 0.


    Small home schooled community?
    2003 GU PATROL
    1992 R32 GTST SKYLINE
    1986 4WD HILUX


    "How about we rename it Domination Day and tell them to shut up or we'll finish the job. Then maybe negotiate back from there?" - Mr Ed

  13. #103
    PSI lover boostedbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    mildura
    Posts
    182
    it's bobby bouchet "my mumma says my mumma says"
    THE TOY:ef futura turbo now n/a for rwc purposes
    THE DAILY: EF GLI 4.0l turbo, j3 chip, lsd, fairmont interior, vortech fmu

  14. #104
    Thank you for smoking <---cop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    .
    Posts
    6,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Impakt View Post
    rotate one of the magnets around, or does that make it go backwards?
    These are the same questions that have stopped me going ahead with my magnet-copter experiments.


  15. #105
    Chopped BigMuz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Posts
    12,342
    Bill- that's a bit of a head fuck.
    Retard Honour Wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Rob Sloth Young did i ask for your opinion? no. i only want it for a paddock bomb. go play with traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    you stupid fucken imbicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    your are a fucken idiot of the highest level.

  16. #106
    Vietnamese Gang im_boostn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,041
    my wife says 10 i said it was 0

    wife is mathematician im a dumb cunt

    btw windows 7 calcuator says 0 on standard and then when you change it to scientific calc says 10
    Last edited by im_boostn; 29-05-11 at 02:30 PM.

  17. #107
    Registered User 1uz-zte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Regional QLD
    Posts
    7,777
    Well, this isn't very good is it. Evidently, I'm retarded. What's the phone number for the Govt. Funded disability pension? I'm applying.

    edit: Cop, that perpetual motion vehicle is brilliant.
    Last edited by 1uz-zte; 29-05-11 at 02:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by evo-gsr View Post
    I am a sad, sad individual. Please, won't someone pay attention 2 me?

  18. #108
    Registered User Shitbreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,908
    So, is 02PRUV getting a name change yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX19X View Post
    Shitbreak is the epitome of perfection.

  19. #109
    Thank you for smoking <---cop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    .
    Posts
    6,272
    His name should be changed to "10+10x0=" and this thread should be poolroomed.

  20. #110
    Registered User WRXCunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,508
    Pissing myself at 02pruv, bloke has enough coin for an ultima but not enough sense to pass year 7 maths
    1986 944 turbo
    2006 #26 VE Senator

  21. #111
    Chopped BigMuz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Posts
    12,342
    0 x 2pruv
    Retard Honour Wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Rob Sloth Young did i ask for your opinion? no. i only want it for a paddock bomb. go play with traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    you stupid fucken imbicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    your are a fucken idiot of the highest level.

  22. #112
    あなたの母親の肛門 Shifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    10,782
    funny that initial response is always incorrect
    Quote Originally Posted by 350stato View Post
    100% agree with Shifty

  23. #113
    In global warming denial Soarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stalingrad
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by Billzilla View Post
    Okay you think the order of operations is confusing, how about I prove that Pi (the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter) is not 3.14159 but in fact 4.0?



    Go for it guys.
    Using fractals, it's possible for a 2 dimensional shape to have an infinite perimeter but a finite area. Your diagram obviously doesn't descibe a circle's perimeter very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2JZR31 View Post
    Doesn't matter if it spins all 4 wheels. A V6 commo will always sounds like a mooing cow.

  24. #114
    Meh
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    26,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Soarin View Post
    Using fractals, it's possible for a 2 dimensional shape to have an infinite perimeter but a finite area. Your diagram obviously doesn't descibe a circle's perimeter very well.
    Yep, it's like the old question - what's the length of Australia's coastline?
    (depends on the ruler you use)

  25. #115
    Registered User 1uz-zte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Regional QLD
    Posts
    7,777
    Am I stupid if I say the square Black Perimeter is larger (the more 90 degree angles, the larger it is) than D? For instance; at 90 degrees, one of the Black Perimeter lines has to be slightly longer than the other line to covers the Black Lines width. Just asking?
    Quote Originally Posted by evo-gsr View Post
    I am a sad, sad individual. Please, won't someone pay attention 2 me?

  26. #116
    Registered User Dave75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gawler SA
    Posts
    3,334
    Quote Originally Posted by 02PRUV View Post
    How old are you? Cause I want to see if they are changing the way they teach maths at school. Cause I was born in 1980 my wife was born in 1983 and we got the same answer. Read it left to right without brackets. I also checked with my old man and he got the same answer of read it left to right without brackets and he was born 1949 and he was really good at school. So unless teaching has changed the answer is 0.

    Don't automatically believe everything you read on google.
    I was born in 1946 & always learnt the BOMDAS sequence.
    ........................................

    Suzuki Mighty Boy / BEC Rear Mid mount Suzuki 1150cc 450kg Hillclimber [in the build]

  27. #117
    ...is tired JayVee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    621
    Happy to admit that I answered quickly and fucked it up.

    Not a big deal really.

  28. #118
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    761
    I admit I was wrong. And it's strange out of about 20 people I've asked today only 1 got it right straight away. We all forgot about the rule and expected brackets for getting 10 from it. Oh well at least I wasn't the only one. Goes to show the things you forget from school when you don't use them all the time.

  29. #119
    Michael Bevan. Zarcov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    826
    the answer is 42.
    Always is, always will be.
    ./thread
    Quote Originally Posted by George Bush
    We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur.

  30. #120
    The royal penis is clean tremolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1979
    Location
    Zamunda
    Posts
    4,718
    Did you know the human head weighs 10 pounds


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •