Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1626

Thread: Got a 3D printer now, it's fun!

I finally got mine after waiting about a month to arrive from gearbest, I got the Creality CR-10, think it was about $580 delivered from chingaland.

Not a bad unit I only got on to them because a mate got one and said it was fairly decent, print size also was a selling point, 300x300x400mm.

Having never used one before and only having a rough crash course via Google and YouTube it does well, starting off small and I'll work my way up to the larger prints.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170809_190652.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	4.78 MB 
ID:	101080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170806_200037.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	4.16 MB 
ID:	101081   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170810_051420.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	101082  
    I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me...

Because i've been too lazy to order filament online i paid thru the arse at jaycar, thought i'd take a gamble on their PLA, not too bad.

I got the timing cover done

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me...

Suspended
    Ordered the upbox. Should have it in a week first machine. Lets see if the 3k is worth it.

Suspended
    Still awaiting the upbox to arrive its in the post. But got a makerbot 3d scanner from officeworks for $300! They go for over a k usually. Think they are shit but canty go wrong with the price!

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Benonymous View Post
    Either machine would be good snavy.. The Flashforge machine has a smaller build volume than the UP Box but it will give you good results. The UP Box is a good machine and well supported if you have the bux. Main downside with the UP is the material lock in, their filament is dear!
    Nah got the upbox + which enabled third party filaments. No warping in ABS supposedly guess its a good thing I think?!

I was going to go for the Flashforge but didn't want to regret buying the cheaper unit only to regret it!
    Last edited by snavy; 22-08-17 at 11:11 PM.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by snavy View Post
    Nah got the upbox + which enabled third party filaments. No warping in ABS supposedly guess its a good thing I think?!

I was going to go for the Flashforge but didn't want to regret buying the cheaper unit only to regret it!
    Got the Upbox + & Makerbot Digitizer 3d scanner in my shed, now what? Dunno wtf to do.

Got the Upbox + & Makerbot Digitizer 3d scanner in my shed, now what? Dunno wtf to do.

Print ya missus a horsecock dildo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post

Make sure its printed at .1 layers other wise you'll be banging ber with a bastard file
    List of cars goes here

might even want to go some acetone smoothing there...
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

PF GT5 whore car list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CPKNmOIJ

Quote Originally Posted by E30is View Post
    can anyone print in glass filled nylon? or is that a commercial spec machine? want some parts done but need to be reasonably durable as want them to be used in service
    i ended up using shapeways they do "strong and flexible plastic (PA 2200)" and "metallic plastic (alumide) " and heaps of others at what seems to be very reasonable rates and very good quality
    Last edited by E30is; 28-08-17 at 07:41 PM.
    E30 325is M20 3.1L

Well it looks like I'm going to be joining the 3D printing bandwagon when we're back from our F1 trip.

Had been considering a simple enclosed 100x100x100 unit as a toe in the water but nopics has decided that she can think of a bunch of big things to make, so something 300x300 and around 3-400 high is needed.

Would prefer to simply assemble a unit and print not make from scratch.

Budget probably up to $700 landed and printing but realistically lower the better and I'm happy to build an exclosure for it to use ABS etc...

Thoughts?
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Haha I dont even know how to do that! Sort of got it working doing first print now havent calibrated it or nothing.

First impressions on the upbox is good I guess, printing in abs and cannot see layering. but the makerbot digitizer is crap (maybe scanning wrong)
    Last edited by snavy; 28-08-17 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Well it looks like I'm going to be joining the 3D printing bandwagon when we're back from our F1 trip.

Had been considering a simple enclosed 100x100x100 unit as a toe in the water but nopics has decided that she can think of a bunch of big things to make, so something 300x300 and around 3-400 high is needed.

Budget probably up to $700 landed and printing but realistically lower the better and I'm happy to build an exclosure for it to use ABS etc...

Thoughts?
    For that budget, Creality CR-10, that's the one I picked up, does 300x300x400, no enclosure, will do ABS (with an enclosure), I'm currently still fucking around with PLA, got it for $580 delivered.

I got it from gearbest, alot of people poo poo'd them, yeah their delivery was slow (bout a month) but it got here all good, and was cheaper than most others that had faster shipping, go figure.

https://tiny-machines-3d.myshopify.c...rea-3d-printer
    Last edited by _Marc_; 29-08-17 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks. Creality does seem to be the winner at the moment on print size-price ratio at least.

I have no expectation of perfection as low as I can sensibly prototype some parts and for nopics projects we need to do painting/surface treatments anyway. She's wanting to build some cosplay'esque props and so on and it's just so much more cost effective to print than to fabricate things entirely from scratch.

Have used Banggood / GearBest / Alibaba / AliExpress for years and well familiar with the typical ex-China delivery.
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Haha I dont even know how to do that! Sort of got it working doing first print now havent calibrated it or nothing.

First impressions on the upbox is good I guess, printing in abs and cannot see layering. but the makerbot digitizer is crap (maybe scanning wrong)
    Pull some things to print of thinguniverse and then get ya head around a 3D cad program (fusion 360 perhaps) and then move onto designing and printing your own things.

Suspended
    Well i printed a whistle and you cannot see the layers in abs which is good i guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

Thoughts?
    The Creality CR-10 that Marc bought is getting very solid reviews for a printer at such a low price point. Considering the build volume, it's a bloody bargain!
    “Buy the ticket, take the ride.’”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Benonymous View Post
    The Creality CR-10 that Marc bought is getting very solid reviews for a printer at such a low price point. Considering the build volume, it's a bloody bargain!
    Exactly, it does have its short falls but there is a pretty decent community of users that have made parts to improve it, even from just little things to filament guides and braces, all the way thru to adding self levelling hardware and modding the firmware to make it all blend with the control box.

It's not perfect, it has some flaws, but for the price and the size of the prints, it's good bang for buck printing.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by _Marc_ View Post
    Exactly, it does have its short falls but there is a pretty decent community of users that have made parts to improve it, even from just little things to filament guides and braces, all the way thru to adding self levelling hardware and modding the firmware to make it all blend with the control box.

It's not perfect, it has some flaws, but for the price and the size of the prints, it's good bang for buck printing.
    Ive just printed in abs. Why is everyone printing in pla? Does it give a better print? The abs prints ive made, I'm pretty much shocked at how well they come out.

But this cad shit is way harder than I thought, cbf learning!

Ive just printed in abs. Why is everyone printing in pla? Does it give a better print?
    It's a bit more forgiving, and less temperature sensitive, this is my first printer, and with zero experience before buying it, also, given the size of the printer, I CBF'd making an enclosure just yet.

But this cad shit is way harder than I thought, cbf learning!
    What program are you attempting to use??

snavy - try out tinkercad - browser based.. easy peasy
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

PF GT5 whore car list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CPKNmOIJ

Suspended
    It's a bit more forgiving, and less temperature sensitive, this is my first printer, and with zero experience before buying it, also, given the size of the printer, I CBF'd making an enclosure just yet.

What program are you attempting to use??
    Autocad 360? All im trying to do is to replicate this plastic tool tray I have as the current one is stuffed and cant get that right!! Bloody joke haha

This cad crap may turn my printer into a 3k paper weight haha.
    Last edited by snavy; 13-09-17 at 01:13 AM.

This isn't my design, got it from thingiverse, neat case to house a raspberry pi 3.

Suspended
    This is my only print in abs

https://m.imgur.com/a/h1MpB
    Last edited by snavy; 14-09-17 at 12:43 PM.

Banggood has the Anet A8 @ 39% off if anyone is after an entry level kit printer.

https://www.banggood.com/Anet-A8-3D-...uid=t6Qu6BoGSE

They're always available on gearbest for about $190AU

Suspended
    Where the heck can ya buy filament from in melbourne on the weekends?

This space left blank Ben Wilson's Avatar
    Jaycar?
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Wilson View Post
    Jaycar?
    Ha, prepare thy anus.... To the tune of about $65 P/kg, but only in 250g rolls.

Myself and a couple mates went three ways buying a 12 X 1kg carton (you can pick colours) from China, from order to in hand was about 6 days and worked out about $18 P/kg delivered.

Speaking of, I printed this from the China filament.

Still got the rear cover printing at the moment, then I'll figure out the hat and injection.

This space left blank Ben Wilson's Avatar
    Ha, prepare thy anus.... To the tune of about $65 P/kg, but only in 250g rolls.

Myself and a couple mates went three ways buying a 12 X 1kg carton (you can pick colours) from China, from order to in hand was about 6 days and worked out about $18 P/kg delivered.
    Sometimes you have to pay for convenience...
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.