Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1696

Thread: Got a 3D printer now, it's fun!

I'm not a real engineer taijohnsen's Avatar
    Made this with my Prusa MK2s

https://youtu.be/qTE0bPsK1Oc

Sold it and got the MK3

Great bits of gear

A friend with a farm of a few mk2ís got an mk3 same time I did and reckons he canít get quite the same quality from the mk3 yet. He prints a few thousand things a month so Iím inclined to believe him. Reckons the mk3 will take some time to get tweaked to be as good and the smarts are better of course too.

I'm not a real engineer taijohnsen's Avatar
    Agreed, It will take a little while for the MK3 to catch up, but the other features like the build plate make it so much nicer to deal with.

Having said that it still prints beautifully

https://photos.app.goo.gl/IASxOoka20oEMmir1

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mDElPtHsijhoy65n1
    Last edited by taijohnsen; 02-03-18 at 10:25 AM.

Ok looking at getting my printer working again after its been offline for about 18 months due to repeated nozzle clogs and me getting the shits.

Im considering getting a new extruder head for it as the cheapo MK8 one I have doesnt strike me as being particularly high quality. Anyone got experience with this sort of thing and able to tell me if it'd be an easy swap on the control side of things? I dont want to have to frig about with the control boards/drivers/etc, I just wanna undo old and fix in the new.

Is an upgrade worth the hassle? My print quality has been fine with the MK8, more after reliability than a print quality upgrade (although it wouldnt hurt).

Or should I just get a new $1 nozzle and move on?
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

I swapped my extruder recently for a Titan, but i do run a bowen setup with a Chimera head.

Works well.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Thats for dual extruders with the stepper motor being fixed to the frame yeah? A bit more complexity than Im looking for at the moment

Or even for single extruders, you can make it work either way. My Prusa clone had an external MK8 extruder with a Bowden line to a v6 head.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Anyone using a Malyan M200/Monoprice Select Mini?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Hmm ok these V6 seem bloody cheap. Might just do that, cheer Tak

Does dual extruders mean bigger power supplies/SSRs/etc? Im currently running one of these: http://www.geeetech.com/geeetech-alu...kit-p-944.html
    Last edited by Mr Ed; 27-03-18 at 10:41 AM.

Anyone use inductive proximity sensors? Aliexpress has a bit of a sale on so Im looking at grabbing a few things.

Looking at getting this V6 hotend & inductive sensor with new i3 carriage (Not sure I need the new carriage, but id need some sort of bracket to hold the V6 hotend and that carriage looks like a much better solution than some of the shitty brackets Ive found)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SWMA...999.263.PSY5u1

Then a full titan extruder kit, which comes with a spare hot end but ill get the cooling fan & bracket, & all the tubes/etc to setup a bowden feed
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TEVO...ceBeautifyAB=0

The quantity of stuff on aliexpress is a little overwhelming so Id greatly appreciate another pair of eyes on my order :/

Where is the best place to buy a Creality Cr10s these days ? and what are they worth ?

Sydney preffered so i dont have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Anyone use inductive proximity sensors? Aliexpress has a bit of a sale on so Im looking at grabbing a few things.

Looking at getting this V6 hotend & inductive sensor with new i3 carriage (Not sure I need the new carriage, but id need some sort of bracket to hold the V6 hotend and that carriage looks like a much better solution than some of the shitty brackets Ive found)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SWMA...999.263.PSY5u1

Then a full titan extruder kit, which comes with a spare hot end but ill get the cooling fan & bracket, & all the tubes/etc to setup a bowden feed
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TEVO...ceBeautifyAB=0

The quantity of stuff on aliexpress is a little overwhelming so Id greatly appreciate another pair of eyes on my order :/
    I chucked out a lot of alibaba item's. just did not work as good as the legit item's. but you do have the added cost. V6 head and titan bowden setup.
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

Quote Originally Posted by RSWEPN View Post
    Where is the best place to buy a Creality Cr10s these days ? and what are they worth ?

Following. I'm keen on a CR10 S5 for the big build table to prototype intercooler end tanks and intake manifolds and the like.
    eBay seems to have them for around the $1000 mark delivered.

Any suggestions or hook ups?

Quote Originally Posted by afraid View Post
    Following. I'm keen on a CR10 S5 for the big build table to prototype intercooler end tanks and intake manifolds and the like.
    eBay seems to have them for around the $1000 mark delivered.

Any suggestions or hook ups?
    I just bought from ebay and picked who had the quickest delivery time.

Although my printer was missing the Z axis bracket with micro switch so waiting on the dealer to send out a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by RSWEPN View Post

If anyone else wants one and CBF waiting, I'm in Sydney, and probably looking to offload my CR10, don't use it enough, if you're still keen get in touch.
    Last edited by _Marc_; 29-08-18 at 07:10 AM.
    I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me...

anyone got a printer that would do something say 35cm x7cm x10cm (and bent a little in the shape of a banana)?? it would be a grill insert, so basically a frame around a hole, and a series of louvers say 5cm apart. not a complex piece, but largish. large enough that professional production at say shapeways makes me think twice, but if on a hobby level something is doable, id like to give it a go.

anyone interested / have a bed big enough to make something like this?
    Mit freundlichen GrŁŖe

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Duckworth View Post
    "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

thats a huge bitch

actually - if someone had a 300x300 bed - diagonally (as long as it's not too wide at the ends) might just fit.
    Last edited by GSRman; 22-10-18 at 10:02 AM.
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

PF GT5 whore car list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CPKNmOIJ

I could do that DR,

I have a CR105S which is the big bitch 500x500x500 build volume

It is only setup to print PLA though.

Ok cool. If I put a model together, would you be willing to try a print? Happy to compensate with coke, hookers and or cash

So what is the holy grail of 3D printing these days? Assuming an almost unlimited budget (ok lets keep it in the 6 figure range) what would deliver the best performance/material range?

Asking for a friend with a big budget

Quote Originally Posted by doctor ed View Post
    Ok cool. If I put a model together, would you be willing to try a print? Happy to compensate with coke, hookers and or cash
    Yep no dramas at all.

Ill fire you my email in a PM

Quote Originally Posted by lukevl View Post
    So what is the holy grail of 3D printing these days? Assuming an almost unlimited budget (ok lets keep it in the 6 figure range) what would deliver the best performance/material range?

Asking for a friend with a big budget

what does he/she want to print ?

Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses.

Suspended
    My printer is considered at the start of the professional range and it cost 3.5k. So yeah some machine are in the millions Iím guessing.

The desire is to print plastic that can be functional parts. Good enough resolution to be used for press releases, snap fits that work, multiple plastic / rubbers would be nice, and a decent bed size. Components for the automotive industry- lots of areas.

Also is metal now at a stage where itís commercially viable for people other than NASA and Bugattiís brake calipers?

have a look at the markforge machines.

The ~20k machine prints in some pretty impressive plastic/carbon/fiberglass materials, you are still looking at 1/2 mil for anything that prints metal from what I understand.

I have a sample piece of the markforge onxy material with carbon weave in it here that is about 2.5mm thick by 14 wide and you can not break it by hand.

500k hey. Budget might stretch that far.

Iíve arranged a couple of demos of metal and plastic machines so Iíll find out soon enough.

Are you going to be printing enough volume that shapeways is too expensive?

Otherwise, the fuse 1 looks interesting, but hasn't shipped yet.
    https://formlabs.com/3d-printers/fuse-1/
    Dirty Subaru owner

Yeah I need to own or lease the printers. Thanks for the recommendation Iíll check it out

Quote Originally Posted by lukevl View Post
    Yeah I need to own or lease the printers. Thanks for the recommendation Iíll check it out
    This is for the new gig I take it? Niiiiiice.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Sure is mate. Imagine the new rear wing mount for the FD!