Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: New track for NSW

Why would the government need to waste tax payers money in a survey no brainer like the obvious.
    Fucking government gives me the shits. Our government almost shits me as much as 101.
    I told them I once raced cars (total lie ) pissed them right off I will think of something bigger.

turbosurfer

Of course it's obvious, but it's a very smart move to commission an independent report to quantify it.

They can now use this for business planning and government submissions for funding. Potentially other regions could also use it to get facilities up and running in other locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
    Of course it's obvious, but it's a very smart move to commission an independent report to quantify it.

They can now use this for business planning and government submissions for funding. Potentially other regions could also use it to get facilities up and running in other locations.
    The irony being:
    1) The bulk of customers are probably Sydney based.
    2) Assuming Luddenham has the facilities & track quality to host the same events Wakefield does, why the fuck would you bother going to Goulburn when you can achieve the same result in Sydney.
    3) Assuming Luddenham has zero noise restrictions, no brainer.

Really, the only things going for Wakefield are:
    1) Cheap.
    2) If you binned the car, good chance you wouldn't die doing it.

The issue with Wakefield I feel is this. Had my car booted for too much noise. If you run a good business and council / laws mandate noise restrictions then the conversation should be "Hey I'm sorry, your car broke the 95db noise limit. The cunt neighbours down the road complained to council and fucked it for everyone. I want you to come back, but you have to get your car a bit quieter to meet the requirements". Instead I got "Hey fuckwit your car is too loud don't come back here again unless you shut it up". That response is one from a business who gives no fucks because they know there is no other competition.
    Hasta La Vista Wakefield you piece of shit. Be all you can be Luddenham!

Wakefield isn't even that cheap these days either.
    If in doubt power out

Quote Originally Posted by Rona View Post
    Wakefield isn't even that cheap these days either.
    If factor in getting up 4am or accommodation the night before, travel costs, availability of racefuel (if needed) it no brainer just to do a track day at EC, $250 vs $370.

But the Wakefield track is pretty fun and has a different feel/vibe to EC.

Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    If factor in getting up 4am or accommodation the night before, travel costs, availability of racefuel (if needed) it no brainer just to do a track day at EC, $250 vs $370.
    100%. Problem is availability of practice days at EC, though this year they've seemed to be much better.
    Also WP is usually a lot quieter, whereas any practice day at EC is always packed.

^^ Nah I meant the track days not private practice days. Never busy on those days. You get guaranteed 6x20 min sessions. I manage about 6/year. 4 ARDC members only days for $90 and two half price days for around $180 ea.

^^ Yes but I don't think you can run race cars on those days?

Agree for a street/track car plenty of options at EC.

At the "track" days race cars are on in the morning (mainly radicals etc) and road cars in the afternoon. Much lower numbers than private practice days and you always get a garage (something to factor in as well). The $90 members days are road car only though.