Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New track for NSW

Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    Wagga is an easy as piss drive from Sydney or Melb, major highways all the way and almost all of it dual carriageway. Make a weekend of it, easy.

The eventual succes of this is going to depend on the circuit itself, if it is a ripper then people will come. Let's hope it it is fast and flowing with some tricky bits thrown in, like an Eau Rouge

Wakefield reminds me of Morgan Park although the new extension to MP is more like how a proper race circuit should be. MP is also owned and run by a club with govmint subsidies, I doubt very much if it would be 'commercially viable' if privately owned.

The attitude of the owner in the firs 12 months will make or break it really
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapracer View Post
    Sperm are clever little fuckers that got us where we are today. You've never heard of pre-cum by the way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugs View Post
    That's why I punch myself in the nuts before sex, get them disorientated.

For any tight arse ADF people, I reckon you could swindle a cheap (<$20) room at the raaf base if you say you're on defence travel, would make it a very cheap weekend.
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Quote Originally Posted by SPDRCR View Post
    Doesn't really do anything to help out Sydneysiders. 5+ hours away and the same for Melbourne too. Good for country folk I guess. Not quite sure how it'll be commercially viable though.
    I really don't think that the drive from sydney is going to be top of the agenda for them. From what i have heard, NRMA and AAMI are really trying to push their driver training. If you take out a policy with them, they offer you a free driver training course which takes place in canberra. Word getting around is that the government is going to make driver training courses mandatory for all new drivers, and they are looking for a venue to host such courses. This wagga track is going to be the high priority for this scheme. Thats why they are trying to push the track as a driver training facility. Also, the guy behind the v8 supercar experience has offered to sign a 10 year lease for the track to run his cars on it. Also the amount of companies and organizations who have come out of the woodwork and showed interest is surprising. Auspost, for instance has, has showed interest for a training facility for all their bike posties, as currently they dont have any kind of training facility... stuff like this is what they are aiming for.

this circuit will never be viable without more swedes.

who gives a fuck if Sydney doesn't want to turn up?? it is probably doing everyone a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by boostin31 View Post
    I really don't think that the drive from sydney is going to be top of the agenda for them. From what i have heard, NRMA and AAMI are really trying to push their driver training. If you take out a policy with them, they offer you a free driver training course which takes place in canberra. Word getting around is that the government is going to make driver training courses mandatory for all new drivers, and they are looking for a venue to host such courses. This wagga track is going to be the high priority for this scheme. Thats why they are trying to push the track as a driver training facility. Also, the guy behind the v8 supercar experience has offered to sign a 10 year lease for the track to run his cars on it. Also the amount of companies and organizations who have come out of the woodwork and showed interest is surprising. Auspost, for instance has, has showed interest for a training facility for all their bike posties, as currently they dont have any kind of training facility... stuff like this is what they are aiming for.
    I don't really see every new driver getting sent to Wagga for a driving course tho.. How bout the govco make changes to the driving test procedure instead...

Quote Originally Posted by ahabthearab View Post
    Probably the same way Wakefield, Morgan Park and Mallala are commercially viable.
    Mallala is only an hour away from Adelaide, and a stones throw from the Barossa. It's also the only racetrack available for regular circuit racing in SA.... that makes it very fucking viable even if some of the facilities are past their use by date (they are a step up from Morgan Paark though).

Not relevant for Sydney == not relevant for NSW

I'm sorry if you are butthurt but that is how it is.
    Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

SO they've released the details and plans to the public, and as usual, theres someone having a whinge.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/ne...s/2537936.aspx

So a Local car club has started a petition, spread it around!! We want this thing to go ahead!

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ng-centre.html

Just signed petition, it closes in 8 days, i was number 114 to sign.
    I think they are going to need a shitload more to sign their approval.
    Pf community get behind this.
    For us Qlders lets face it, Wagga via the Newell hwy is just a little bit further driving time than Brisbane to Eastern creek

I travel interstate five times a year to race, Wagga is quite do-able.
    Carnts need to sign!
    if you get this far after reading the above, good on you!
    If i make spelling mistakes, syntax errors, or just mss letters in words, it is because i am lw vision/vision impaired.
    Dont drive or race no more. Bit of a cunt of a thing.
    I cant see what keys my fingers hit when i type.
    Its called Cone and Rod Dystrophy, un fixable, i get worse, its a hereditary cunt f a thing.

#130 and posted to General with tits

Signed.

Farken, why do i get the feeling this isnt going to go ahead

Signed. Number 144, with only 8 days to go. .
    REACT Secretary
    Stocker than it should be: '90 Eunos Cosmo, 20btt.
    Slower than it should be: '76 929 2-door hardtop, 1GGZE.
    Not as finished as it should be: '68 Impala 4-door hardtop, 327.

Build something on the central coast IMO. A track at wagga is just a stones throw from all the Victorian tracks, only it's harder to get to. If they build a good facility then it will of course be great but there is a huge black hole north of Sydney where there is nothing at all. There has to be better opportunity there than at wagga.

Any track is a good thing but if I had the money to invest in a race track then I would throw all of it at the central coast/Newcastle or look at upgrading one of the 3546655643 tracks that Vic already has.

done, all the best with the campaign.
    Last edited by prasac; 02-05-12 at 11:30 AM.

#152, more needed.

online petitions generally don't mean shit - send a letter.

I'm not smart enough to write a good one.. someone else write one and I'll sign my name and send it.
    Quote Originally Posted by myshortyboomba View Post
    I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Trouble is Wagga Council are a bunch of old timers with no progressive thoughts what so ever, who seem to give in to the minority whingers far too often

Reedy - application is with council for a track near Raymond Terrace AFAIK. MGCC Newcastle sold a parcel of land to the developer to build it. Also MGCC Newcastle has an application with council to extend the ~400m hillclimb track to around 1km.

#397...someone's reading this...

I posted it on SM's Facebook page

Signed as #406

#881, let's get this thing signed!
    A slow day at the track is better than any day in the office.

You are signer #884
    Mit freundlichen Gre

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Duckworth View Post
    "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

nudder dirte30 fanboy
    been spamming the crap outta the link, think I was #174. Also Reedy, I have heard something about a track up at Dongoug. I figure any track is better than no track, give no fuck what Sydney-siders think as I'm driving 2+ hours for a track anyway. More tracks the better.

Runs on Astron power! karl_2ltGC's Avatar
    Did/is this still happening?
    Mad Cunt
    Galant '93 6A12TT Calder 1:17.1200 14/03/15 - Sandown 1:32.0556 04/10/15 - Phillip Island 1:58.0573 20/03/2016 - Winton 1:46.5678 1/11/2015 (Natsoft)

Not sure, I haven't heard a peep about it locally.

I know there was a group opposed to the idea initially, but not sure if they got their way... knowing Wagga they more than likely did

Found this on FordForums

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11399126

Posted last month:

Things are progressing nicely for the Riverina Motor Complex with a noise impact study nearly completed . Having spoken to the driving force behind it there is certainly a genuine passion there for it . It would be an ideal venue being half way between Sydney and Melbourne where 70% of the countries racing vehicles live . I cant wait till it becomes a reality .
    It's been going now for about 5 years and has had lots of hurdles to overcome , council is 100% behind the developer and wants the track built . He is talking about turning the first sod in 12 to 18 months .
    Seems like it still might happen!

Quote Originally Posted by oioioioioi View Post
    Reedy - application is with council for a track near Raymond Terrace AFAIK. MGCC Newcastle sold a parcel of land to the developer to build it. Also MGCC Newcastle has an application with council to extend the ~400m hillclimb track to around 1km.
    I was involved in the mgcc application back in 2008.

Senior council staff member lived 1km away and wanted to rezone land so was never going to happen.