Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 4 Door E30 beater.

New job and a complete change of industry a couple years ago pretty much put everything on the back burner. Things are going well, enjoying working on something that isn't cars. Paid off a bunch of debt and starting to get some time to myself again, so over the last 3 months I've been debating keeping the car or building an E36 with all the running gear I put/have to put into this. Well, thrown caution to the wind now and had a bit of a splurge, so I guess im keeping the E30 until I break it properly or need something to offer more grip and stability. Will see if I can get this thread moved to racers and post a new daily thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buford T. Justice
    This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Love the flares on this thing!
    DJ's don't need sigs

Hehe. Its annoying that I need to move them forward about an extra 10-15mm to fit properly because they are really only designed for coupes, the seller just sells them for sedans too even though they don't fit properly (and he doesn't tell people of this). Means the rears aren't QUITE positioned in the middle of the guard, so you lose about maybe an inch of tyre clearance.

On another note. Taking a few weeks holidays soon and need things to fit/fix/fuck up. AGI cage ordered. Diff is out to modify lockup. Parts to make the diff cooler setup on their way and I'll sort some header options out this afternoon.
    This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Why Sketchy hasn't copied your brake setup yet I dunno.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Ive fixed a couple of similar setups for E30 people that purchased/made other kits. It's right about the point where you can live with it on the street with a cooler pad, pulls up ok without too much pedal effort. I've updated it with larger rear rotors now, went a little smaller on the front caliper pistons and moved the fronts to the rear.

I have a brake kit ive put together with a 300x28mm rotor that works well and costs about $60 a rotor to replace locally, I just have put it on hold for the moment because the choice of caliper I used has limited pad options outside of OEM replacements, so I need to look into another sliding caliper to use and make a new bracket for them.

I meant the master setup...
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Yeah, i was meaning ive made a couple pedal boxes for people that used other kits to fix their problems trying to run without boosters. Too many people buy into using the factory length pedals. Can only go so small on the masters, so going to a 6.2:1 pedal ratio is the biggest difference.

New model tilton pedals come in one length now and you just move the pedal pad higher or lower for increased ratio.

Nastysven has a caged e30 covered in an inch of dust
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

he should dig it out.

Achievement unlocked. Many burnouts can be made.

Now it's sitting on the bench, these things really are fucking huge.

I was looking to make a secondary mount for the right side, normally the bolts for the mount pass through the cover and into the case, but because of the finned cover, it offsets it a whole bunch. Think ill play around with some spare alloy at work during the week, might make a new plate that uses all 4 holes across the back of the diff instead.

Also picked this up this weekend.

That's breathing sorted for the 427 then

Got the block down today. Still in good condition having sat sealed up for a few years.

Not sure if I should upgrade the cam now or not as its only a comp cams 232/234. Thinking i might run it as is then swap out later.

Ls3 heads you say? You need this

GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

I toyed with the idea, but i think 700-800hp in a car that weighs about 1100kg is a little more crazy than id like to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Madhatr View Post
    I toyed with the idea, but i think 700-800hp in a car that weighs about 1100kg is a little more crazy than id like to deal with.
    Soft

Comes with two pulleys....everyday 600hp and the lots more option
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

The motor should do 600hp itself.

How come you are selling it? Price? I know a few commodore owners with deep pockets.

I want less bonnet bulge sleeper spec so going with a big single T instead.

Half the price of any other bolt kit at least....it's done under 500km so basically brand new

So 600 plus whatever you want off idle
    Last edited by Justengt4; 09-08-16 at 10:34 PM.
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Haha. What is half price though? Ive seen people selling superchargers for like $6000.

Headers sorted. Kind of limited space wise as far as depth and length goes. Makes things tight, but 1 7/8" primaries and 3 1/2" collector shouldn't be making too many concessions to get it all to fit.

May need to scallop the support around the strut tower a little to get them to clear properly. Don't like the idea of just bashing things with a hammer.

Had the car up on the hoist this arvo and decided im going to cut the rear floor out. I need to make a second mount for the diff and I want to upgrade the fuel line on the supply side. Fuel cells are surprisingly cheap, if I remove the tanks it gives me some more space for exhaust stuff, plus fitment of a cooler for the diff. Will relocate the tank to the boot space, remove the space each side of the quarters so the floor will be totally flat in the back. Will give me enough space to run a pair of mufflers then too, might look at taking them up higher into the valance a little. Thankfully, have plasma cutter for the dirty work.

Ordered a bunch of stuff from summit to put the new rear end into the car. Cooler, pump, hose, etc. Good news came last week with AGI finally finishing up the cage. It's ready to go out and should be here this week. Need to clean up the shed following major repairs to a mates car, but on a few weeks holidays at the moment so I want to get the whole rear end into the car, with the cooler plumbed up and start cutting out the rear floor.

Edit: Forgot all about the good luck I had on the weekend too. Haven't taken any pics yet, but a mate was wrecking a vert with an M3 body kit on it. I wanted the front spoiler as it sits wider than the standard front bar/valance, but it turns out it's actually a real one, not a replica made from fibreglass. They fucked with it a bit to mount it, including gluing a piece of the chrome bumper into it so it could be mounted in the middle, but I think I can clean it up as good as new. Always knew M3's were a bit weird, finding out how weird now when looking up parts. Thought I might buy the proper reo and mount the bumper properly. Well, aside from that, the chassis rail mounts are different, so is the little bit below the grills. Also on the lookout for a set of brake ducts to match as Im not going to run fog lights. Fuckers are like $350 now to buy!
    Last edited by Madhatr; 02-10-16 at 09:16 PM.

Everything turning up at once. Need to clean out shed and get stuck in.

Tilton pump, derale cooler, bunch of black braided line and a shed load of -8 AN fittings. Everything needed to setup the rear end properly so it doesnt destroy the expensive motorsport diff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsballs View Post
    Nastysven has a caged e30 covered in an inch of dust
    Not any more.

The pig farted into life today.

153, level 2. The Library. With a snifter of brandy.
    notbad.jpg

did you guys make it to bursons in time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stix Z
    i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchypimp
    the crumbs are the best bits of the golden gaytimes

Quote Originally Posted by Justengt4 View Post
    Ls3 heads you say? You need this

I got a chance to improve the tune to show the potential....407rwkw on 5.5 psi (belt slip). With the adjustable tensioner the full 8.5 psi should deliver something north of 450 rwkw
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Pollitically incorrect
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    notbad.jpg

did you guys make it to bursons in time?
    yeah. I killed the fuel pump just before shed skids.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Quote Originally Posted by Justengt4 View Post
    I got a chance to improve the tune to show the potential....407rwkw on 5.5 psi (belt slip). With the adjustable tensioner the full 8.5 psi should deliver something north of 450 rwkw
    You still didn't put an actual price to it though. Besides, how big is it capacity wise? Probably too small if its under 2L
    Last edited by Madhatr; 22-12-16 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madhatr View Post
    You still didn't put an actual price to it though. Besides, how big is it capacity wise? Probably too small if its under 2L
    It's a 2.6l....made those numbers on my 408 stroker. PM for a haggle if you like
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Ball park? Otherwise id just throw an insulting figure in your face