Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Project Car: 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner build thread!

H-Pipes get da bitches mate. Everyone knows that.
    I had convo pro's on it originally, but I decided I didnt like them anymore so I flogged them off and shoved some random steelies on for now. I am contemplating either putting black street pro's on (17" probably) or else going the tried and tested torque thrust route. Probably a 17x10 rear and a 17x6 or 17x8 front?

Nah Torque Thrusts are too common I reckon, leave em to the Mustang and Camaro crowd.

Tough drag style wheels as mentioned or something "pro tourer" looking maybe?

I like these as they fit the "pro tourer" look of something that's more than just a cool old jigger but has some performance. Not sure if they'd suit on such a big car or look to modern and racey? But I like em!

Last edited by piss98; 09-03-18 at 09:08 AM.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Yep, above choice is spot on. Looks Hallibrand influenced.

Torque thrusts are like the Seppo version of Simmons FRs, they're farking everywhere.

Would also look pretty good with these: https://www.weldwheels.com/product/s71/
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Sports Sedan

Point taken. Piss98 wtf are those called?? I rekon they would loom good in 17s.
    The weld s71s are fucking tits. That was actually another wheel I was considering...
    I also thought of running black steel circle track wheels too... be kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by piss98 View Post
    Thong slapping H pipe goodness.

Looking good mate, those wheels and tyres will be fine for skid testing first.
    What? You'd get thong slap without the H pipe like a dirty old 308.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Quote Originally Posted by 68RNR View Post
    Point taken. Piss98 wtf are those called?? I rekon they would loom good in 17s.
    The weld s71s are fucking tits. That was actually another wheel I was considering...
    I also thought of running black steel circle track wheels too... be kinda cool.
    They're US Mags Rambler U111 - https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...6152/overview/

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    What? You'd get thong slap without the H pipe like a dirty old 308.
    That's what I mean, H pipe = thong slap. Mine had an H pipe when it came from the US, the change in sound when Scott made me an X pipe was bigger than I expected (although on a pissy little 8 like mine it sounds more like an inline 6 at high revs but still plenty of womp-womp at normal speeds.)
    Hide yo' wife!!!