Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: HQ Monaro with all sorts of shit done to it...

That's Sir Cunt to you... krisr's Avatar
    Getting a bit closer with getting the nugget fired up again - fuck me I forgot how long this wiring shit takes. Only got 1 side done tonight after work then thought bugger it, time to watch some Breaking Bad...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130909 - Wiring up Coils 3_sm.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	252.1 KB 
ID:	68296

Right, this nugget now runs again! Had a miss on cyl #5 which turned out to be the trigger wire at the megasquirt plug not seated right. Pushed it in and bam, runs like a champ! Timing is spot on still, dizzy just drives the oil pump now. Am stoked at how well this LS-Pontiac frankenmotor runs even though I couldn't warm it up, too loud and the neighbours are old bags
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
    If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
    we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

Looks good, havent looked back but what does this run over the 1/4? and does it cruise with manners or a pig?

I decided the old Centreline wheels have run their course and put the Prostars on - i'll polish them up and they'll be for sale shortly. After my wedding i'll probably get the diff chopped about 20mm either side to centre the wheel in the tub as I think the tires stick out a fraction too much (only 255's..) and give it some 3.89 diff gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Ke26 Wagon View Post
    Looks good, havent looked back but what does this run over the 1/4? and does it cruise with manners or a pig?
    Last time to WSID was just as I put the EFI on, 12.7 @ 108 pinging its head off with AFR's in the 11's. Dunno what it'd do now it's got a relatively sorted tune in it. It cruises with manners, starts first go, idles perfectly, goes in and out of gear without snapping uni joints etc..

looking ace, Kris! You using a Pontiac 'box?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty! View Post
    Marv is correct

www.bargegarage.com

Yeah, Turbo 400 with the BOP bolt pattern case. Doesn't really have much done to it, just a heavy duty drum and sprag and a manualised shift kit through it. Tight 10" converter from Continental Convertors in California. I used to run a 5speed Supra years ago, but 3rd gear is somewhere in the bottom of the box somewhere.

Ah, so you got one of those "dynamic gear teeth" technology Supra boxes, eh? lol

Does the T400 have the locking overdrive?
    Marv is correct

www.bargegarage.com

Got a soft spot for the HQ Monaro's. My old man had a HQ GTS years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by oioioioioi View Post
    I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Ah, so you got one of those "dynamic gear teeth" technology Supra boxes, eh? lol

Does the T400 have the locking overdrive?
    Yeah - the supra has it's place on the floor in mum and dads shed. No O/D in the turbo 400's. I did contemplate putting a Gear Vendors bolt on 4th gear but would need to modify the tunnel and they aren't cheap so flicked that idea. Maybe when the diff goes in for a chop and ratio change i'll reconsider, but for now it can stay as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopy View Post
    Got a soft spot for the HQ Monaro's. My old man had a HQ GTS years ago.
    Ever since I was a young tack I wanted one. The tags on mine decoded as a GTS with a 253, but never got the original numbers matching drivetrain with the car so any "authentic resto" suggestions were binned.

Right, so it's been a while since I had time to do anything to this thing since I got married in April and shit... but I decided I want to use the car in a more practical sense i.e. go on a reasonable trip somewhere as it's getting pretty good mileage for what it is but since my boot is just a battery and a fuel tank, I'm always paranoid about not having a spare tire, if I pickup a nail and blow a tire, the headfuck of waiting for a tilt tray to come collect us and all that, so i'm going to rid the fuel cell in the boot and put the stock tank back on. Simple, nope... it's fuel injected...

Soooo.. you take a stock fuel tank, weld in a VE Commodore adapter ring from EFI Hardware.

Then you take the guts of a fuel system out of a VE sedan commodore, modify the secondary pickup by cutting all the secondary float and stuff away and weld a 70mm stud in the bottom of the tank on the passenger side so you have 2 pickup points to the swirl pot. I run autometer fuel gauge and the VE commo sender looks like it'll work with the gauge so bonus there! Just had to shorten, bend and stuff around with getting the float in the right spot when empty + full, it'll do the job.

Then screw it down, being totally mindful that i'll need to cut a section out of the boot and just a cap/plate on it... voila!

Hopefully should have it painted by the weekend and in the car if the straps arrive for it.
    Last edited by krisr; 19-11-14 at 05:27 PM.

Would have been a whole lot easier to put a carby on it
    I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
    Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

mmmmmmmmm nup...

That looks so fkn good in black on Prostars.. im betting people snap their necks as you roll down the street haha

Pics are broken in your fuel sys post or is it just at my end?

Mate big soft spot for these I love it looks tuff.

Pics work on my phone thru 4G. Yeah I'm happy with the prostars. Need to get the diff shortened an inch either side and maybe replace lsd with a trutrac. Can't put lower springs in because it scrubs on the lip and doesn't look right.

New heads are coming from butler performance in the states with a new victor efi manifold so the top end will be for sale soon. Just in time for marv to take possession of his new baby!
    If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off

Haha no EFI for me mate!

Id love a set of those Butler heads meow!
    Marv is correct

www.bargegarage.com

Just plug the injector holes and she's carb ready again . Yeah its taken me a few years of procrastination to pull the trigger on a set. Hopefully should have them by Xmas!

Trutracs are awesome, definitely get one if they're available to suit your diff.. awesome product for the cash.. I bought mine a few years back for my SS for like 800 delivered from VPW.com.au

They don't shudder or muck around, I daily'ed mine very happily and it'll never single peg

Yep, haven't heard anything bad about them, all the niceties of a locker, none of the noise. Mine's a 9" so you can get one anywhere for them. I hate the 9" LSD setup, shit of a thing has a mind of its own after you put a few km's on them and loosen up a bit. I'm tempted to make up a bar/puck setup and chop the diff myself but the cbf is quite high. I'll be lucky to get the new heads on and new exhaust mate over xmas...

Do you need the secondary pickup? I'm tossing up the best way to go in tank on my Chev when I go injected, I'd rather just extend the VE pump brackets (my tank is 18" deep) and call it done, unless it really needs the other pickup?
    Quote Originally Posted by race6.3l
    Only gripes are the bluetooth and stereo are bread and butter spec, not one person has been able to hear me properly during a call, even with my head all contorted towards the roof mounted microphone like im trying to growl a chic sitting on a clothesline

I dont think the second pickup is mandatory, I just set it up because it was there and HQ tank has no baffling.

Fucking cars.... Got the tank all painted up with a flat black. Decided that i'll do a minor clean up of the boot floor and weld the holes shut, which as soon as I hit around some of the holes I found big pitting in the steel, which turned into a hmmm might scrape back the sound deadener and have a look at wtf is going on, which is about to turn into replace the whole fucking boot floor.... FML...

It looks like it's had a floor put in at some stage before judging by where the screw driver went through the floor next to a couple of weld tacks I found. The joins at the seams seem ok with little to no rust, but if the boot floor has to come out, i'll ask my panel beater mate if we should just mini-tub the fucken thing.

FEcking lovely mate!
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

You should absolutely mini tub the fucking thing.

WILL RUN 11's.....one day BOOTHY's Avatar
    Ahh this thread is making me want to dust mine off again

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    You should just mini tub the fucking thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

I'll have a large Like meal with a side of Mini-Tubs and a BigSkid to go, thanks darl.
    Marv is correct

www.bargegarage.com

So this is probably going to get real early next year. Any tire niggers here know how "available" 305 or 325 wide tires are for 15" rims? Like, I don't mean pop down to KMart for a set, but who makes them other than BF/MT/Hoosier/the likes...?

Just put 20s on it bro…

Lol jokes don't be a faggot. Pretty sure MT do some fairly big proper non drag radials. Rocket seem to carry most of the stuff they make. Or just run drag radials. Follow the black lines to find your way home
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt

hahaha yeah #FirstWorldProblems.... 295/50/R15 BF's or 325/50/R15 MT ET Streets. Hopefully we can get the latter under it. And to think all of this started with a couple of fucking holes in the boot floor.... I'm scared to pull the motor out to clean up the firewall now!