Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: HQ Monaro with all sorts of shit done to it...

That's Sir Cunt to you... krisr's Avatar
    Test fitting shit. Fuck me Edelbrock heads make the motor look like its doubled in size. The Victor intake is metric fuckloads taller than the old intake too.

With old intake sitting on instead;

Tomorrow i've got to help a mate put together a motor and TKO600 gearbox and put it back into his 52. So that's probably all for this weekend
    Last edited by krisr; 21-03-15 at 06:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
    If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
    we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

This thing is chucking skids now, yeah?

Most of the shit is out of the car so I can attack the firewall with welder/linisher and paint it. I've pretty much finished that CAD drawing of the exhaust flanges for the heads as I had to tweak it for my particular heads before I send it to the laser cutter. I ordered a stainless steel collector kit from cone engineering which should be here next week hopefully. Need to chase up a nigga about some 1 7/8" bends. Waiting on some bits to get machined up so I can finish the engine mounts. I def bitten off a fair bit but am still chewing, albeit just slowly...

I dont know what it is about headers... but they make me think "fucccccccccccccck me... what have I gotten myself in for...." - So as per my normal approach to shit like this, disassociate, buy a box of bends, buy the collectors (still on their way from the US), wait for the flanges to get laser cut after drawing them up in CAD, re-mount the engine back in the chassis (need to make new mounts to mount the motor back 2.5"), then get it on!

The fun continues.... repairs to the firewall have begun - fuck me no wonder I never needed a heater in winter. Just need to cut 2 plates to fill in the heater, linish it out, light skim and 2K prime. If all goes well I should have it black by next weekend. FYI anyone that is making headers, have a look at Cone Engineering in the US. They have sweet DIY collector kits in any size and material. I just brought back a 1 7/8" primary to 3" with a 2.75" choke. Should be perfect for the street considering the size of the farkin primary. They also come with a little spear kit for the centre of all 4 pipes, saves making up your own "star" or filling it. Haven't heard a peep from the laser cutter blokes so I reckon I wont be starting on the headers until the firewall is done.

Left, old rear - 255/60

Right, new rear - 295/50

15x10x3.5 B/S Prostars are in. Should have possession of them and tyres fitted on Saturday.

Got dish?

What's the thing that looks like a carby spacer? Just a guide to hold all the pipes together??
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt

Its used to assemble the primaries so they fit in the collector.

Yeah holds the primaries together and gives you a reference point where the collector will go etc...
    If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off

My 15y/o CAD skillz = winrar!

Plus, tyres meet wheels, wheels meet tyres.... I think my next set of tyres are going to be 275's because fuck its gonna be close so they'd better not fuck it up when they shorten the diff. Should be able to get about 40mm of tyre tuck before any scrubby scrubby if I can get the tyre dead smack in the centre of the tub.

Been talking with the Butlers a bit about camshaft and they've steered me towards a grind that's about +6 bigger on both intake & exhaust lobes than my current cam but lift around the 0.595/0.620 with 1.65 rockers. Then helping a mate today he showed me that he bought the exact same camshaft for his 474 stroker Pontiac but didn't use it yet so I now have possession until the replacement comes so I can mock up PTV and shit. Didn't want to go too spastic because street car but should go alright.

Last edited by krisr; 12-04-15 at 10:07 PM.

those rims are THE SHIT!!!!!

Cunty car is cunty. Welded in some 3/4" long slugs with a 3/8"UNC thread up the guts of them into the cross member because each time I need to get the engine mounts in/out I gotta drop the LCA's which is a right royal cunt. So hopefully this cunt wont be a cunt no more... Will clean up the front of the chassis and hit it with some POR15 and clean up all the control arms while i'm at it and slap them with a coat too.

Day off so got a bit more cleaned up and welded up the factory wiring bulkhead as my deutsch bulkheads arrived and the heater got zapped up, should clean up alright. Probably going to drop the chassis and get it blasted/powdercoated along with the control arms and inner guards, which wont take long hopefully then I can start on the diff as thats going to be a 6 week wait because Crafts want to use a billet 31 spline axle rather than a mega 35 spline job to keep the weight down.

35s do seem like a pain in the arse. They enter the world of custom everything because they don't fit normal wheel bearings/housings etc. more of a practical option when you go full floaters and 33x15" balloons.
    Hold it flat cunt

Yep. 35 is way to much fucking around for what I'm trying to do. A 31 billet will be fine.

Done a little more, worked out how much diff needs to be chopped - 130mm all up, so 65 a side.

Setup the wheels on pipe/stand to see how they look.... Well.... I'm quite happy

Only problem I can forsee is the 295/50 on a 10" wheel stretches the tire so its 320mm section width and i've got 330mm to play with so i'm going to step down to a 275/60 radial as they're 300mm on a 10" wheel so 15mm of room either side to play with which should be plenty, plus they are 28" tall vs 26" tall so will fill the guard right out!

Last edited by krisr; 25-04-15 at 01:29 PM.

Yep, that looks right.

So i've had a day to rest as i've been burning the candle at both ends massively with work, my 13 week pregnant wife and getting this car finished before 13 week pregnant wife becomes 40 week pregnant wife. I've found some pics that i've pulled off the phone as i've been plugging away at shit in the last couple weeks when I can. Morning sickness is kicking the wife's butt so me cranking up grinders and air compressors usually ends in tears so i've been having to smash through shit the minute I get home from work right up until she's home from work then do the quiet stuff like paint stripping the engine block, cleaning up bolts, basically the lacky work...

Anyhoot, the show must go on.

Setup the oil pump pickup for the new canton sump, paint stripped the block and hit it with metal ready as it's getting painted in epoxy Pontiac metallic blue.

Trans cross member was sitting the gearbox a bit too close to the tunnel so lowered by by about 10mm and off to the powdercoater it goes along with...

the motherfucken chassis... I'd love to gutter stomp the cunt that jacked this car up underneath the rail and bent it to fuck. I had spent HOURS trying to get it straight again.

Then today while i'm going 5/8's of fuck all I get an sms from my panel beater saying my custom stainless fuel tank has arrived. Baffled and setup for my VE Commode fuel setup that I ran in the stock HQ tank. Fuck you gotta love guys that make stainless steel sinks for a living that want to do fuel tanks on the side! It's about 1" deeper than a stock tank, absolutely no fucking way I wanted a "drop tank" from the 70s-80s.

Fuel tank looks awesome. Glad I'm not paying for it though
    Hold it flat cunt

Haha yeah it actually was not that bad and the cunt will never rust. Longevity is what I keep telling myself!

Looking shit hot!!! Please continue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

love this car and thread!!

Thanks guys.

Was off today again and in bed most of it, felt a bit better when it warmed up but by that stage I was bored out of my brain so painted the engine, then it pissed down and is cold as fuck again so back off to bed.

This is gonna be fucking ace!

FINALLY, starting to see some fucking light at the end of this long arse tunnel! Once the firewall is straight and I've got managed to get the panel & paint done on it, then i'm officially over the hump and can spend some time with reassembly with the last bit of fabrication being the exhaust!

Opens
    stainless kitchen sinks. just gave me an idea for my fuel tank in the datto.....

I've degree'd the camshaft in and found that the ICL was out by 2 against the cam card so advanced the cam, checked everything else matched the card (lift, duration, LSA, etc..), moved on with life. PTV is 0.080" on the intake, 0.100" on the exhaust so i'm good there.

In keeping in line with my "never doing this again" attitude, every fucking bolt that is going on this car is being cleaned and if it's not stainless, is getting a lick of paint of Satin Black to match the chassis. The control arms use locking nuts and don't really lock no more so i've replaced them and painted them as the repops are zinc coated. The dogs know how much fucking work is going into this shitter so they are guarding it all for me

Last edited by krisr; 21-05-15 at 07:10 PM.

Buttoned it up except for the intake as i've got a few modifications I need to do to it to make it work. Fucken, almost tempted to leave it on the stand in the living room and just run a dirty old 350 as it's just too clean haha.. But stepping back and looking at it in the garage was a bit of a "fuck yeaaaah" moment for me