Thread: BA Falcon, no action when using key.

in the doghouse

BA Falcon, no action when using key.

So My BA has been sitting around for the last 12 months or so in the garage. I stopped driving it after the arse end of the ignition barrel fell apart (apparently a common problem).
    I finally got around to getting a new 'arse-end' for the ignition barrel (had to buy a whole steering column to get it)! Installed it and a new battery last night, went to start it and................... nada.

Central locking works, hazards work, interior light works, headlights work. But that's it. Radio/ICC displays 'code', smartlock symbol is flashing on the dash (normal rate of flashing, not fast). When you turn the key nothing happens, everything stays EXACTLY the same.
    The part of the ignition I replaced is only the wiring, everything else is original. I have checked the wiring and everything is in the same place on the new one, as it was on the old one. I have checked this against my Territory and it all looks as it should.
    The key clicks around to ACCESSORIES, ON, and START as it should - indicating that everything inside the barrel went back together correctly.

Kinda need to move it, as it's sitting smack bang in the middle of my driveway where the towie dropped it off.

Anyone have a fix for this? I've googled around, and it seems as though people just replace everything instead of trying to figure out what's broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by lickmyleftone View Post
    But by all means drink a litre of rum, double bag the old fella and grunt one up it. If that floats ya boat.

do you have the valet key? (it comes with the car when new and doesn't need the remote to disable the immobiliser first)

do you have the manual for the car? there is a proceedure in there to reprogram keys to the car
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidge View Post
    Would bang. Did bang. Marrying that shit.
    SUNTORY BOSS is the boss of them all since 1992!

in the doghouse
    I have two keys & fobs, no manual though.
    But by all means drink a litre of rum, double bag the old fella and grunt one up it. If that floats ya boat.

Key/barrel, BEM and PCM all need to be linked. Maybe a trip to Fraud?

normally one of the keys will start the car without the fob, and one needs a fob (i think theres a transponder in one and not the other that needs the fob)

http://www.fordmods.com/fordmods-tec...te-t67420.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidge View Post
    Would bang. Did bang. Marrying that shit.
    SUNTORY BOSS is the boss of them all since 1992!

in the doghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by 67rce View Post
    Key/barrel, BEM and PCM all need to be linked. Maybe a trip to Fraud?
    They are all still the original parts though?! Will try the other key tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by neet_wagon View Post
    They are all still the original parts though?! Will try the other key tonight.
    How did you get on? Have the same issue only one key fixed tumbler after rear piece fell off now nothing when i turn key

There's a 5 amp ignition fuse that blows sometimes when you fuck with the switch
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt

Also if you try to put the ignition on without the transponder it will log it in the computer and need to be cleared with a scan tool.

wouldnt smartlock only prevent the motor starting not the entire function of the key? i still have no function at all no acc dshlights etc i replaced switch have checked fuses seem ok

in the doghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by SteadRB View Post
    How did you get on? Have the same issue only one key fixed tumbler after rear piece fell off now nothing when i turn key
    It ended up being the fuse, from memory

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk