Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091 LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 2721

Thread: Dual cab diesel utes..... lets thrash this out YO!

Quote Originally Posted by lukevl View Post
    3.2 is staying in ranger. The new 4cyl is just replacing the old one and it's from fords new global Diesel engine lineup called Ecoblue which by all accounts is actually fairly good.

Raptor is cool- wider track with all new metal work with pumped guards front and rear, coil spring rear with reinforced diff, fox suspension with new lower arms
    WTF so no ecoboost?

Bulk lose. Pumped guards, coil spring, fox suspension, sounds like a shitbox Asia version of a Wrangler.
    Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

I've not got a straight answer but I think it's the carryover 3.2.

Prototypes have been spotted with a V6 around the place.

There is also one with a V8 in it but it won't make production

ive heard defo not v6.

carry over 3.2 and 2.2 replaced with 2.0tt.

Hope to have a engineering/pre production vehicle by December to start armour development.

You're talking about MCA (facelift ranger) though right? We were hoping V6 in raptor.

MCA, is that whats its designation is?

happy to be proven wrong though but typically the engineering sample we get is a hamburger with the lot and have been told it is 3.2, when I asked about v6 was told not happening.
    Last edited by Fondles; 07-10-17 at 04:36 PM.

If it's going to be available in the US it will have a V6, that has been confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    If it's going to be available in the US it will have a V6, that has been confirmed.
    I dont doubt that at all but wont be coming from Thailand.

MCA = Mid cycle Action. Raptor is very different to a ranger with 'all the fruit'. Due to volumes and the specs I can't see people buying them up as armoured vehicles. Let's see!

MCA = Mid cycle Action. Raptor is very different to a ranger with 'all the fruit'. Due to volumes and the specs I can't see people buying them up as armoured vehicles. Let's see!
    If the Ranger Raptor is available in the US then there will be people who would want them armoured. People buy armoured 911s FFS.

Just removed my side steps, ready for action now.
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

We sell plenty and expect the same with the "raptor".

But "mid cycle action" confirms my argument with my employers this "new" ranger is nothing but a facelift and they are saying it is all new telling me not to develop a new headliner for the vehicle rather than the chop job we currently do with the OEM one.

Pretty sure you're right from what I've heard but I haven't seen an MCA in the flesh. Seen a raptor though. I'd own one

Quote Originally Posted by nine2nine View Post
    But crossing the Simpson is no more difficult than driving along the beach. Just about anything that drives four wheels could do it. Doesn't mean it's not an amazing trip though.
    remember the days when 2wd cars use to make similar trips 50yrs ago... FWD english ones!

Trips around Australia are becoming more and more common, but none will ever rival the figure-of-eight crossing - surely the most gruelling test a new brand of oil ever underwent - made by four men and two sedan cars, one a Mini and the other an Austin 1800. Encouraged and constantly entertained - by the famous 'Gelignite Jack', the inimitable and irrepressible Jack Murray - they completed the journey from east to west and back again in a remarkably short time. It was as much an endurance test as an oil test, but both 'Castrol' and men were more than equal to the task.
    Last edited by rj_astra; 09-10-17 at 09:38 AM.

Raptor is cool- wider track with all new metal work with pumped guards front and rear, coil spring rear with reinforced diff, fox suspension with new lower arms
    I think you are talking about the US spec Ford Ranger that will hit that market in a year or two.. to compete with the Chev Colorado which is "based" on the Colorado we get. The Raptor should go against the Colorado ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by fly510 View Post
    yeh racing your diesel 4wd around town is one thing but then you have to tow something heavier than an empty box trailer and its sad face time. You put 2000kgs of non aero friendly van behind an auto amarok and suddenly you know why people choose the 3.2. Sure the amarok will do it but the engine and box are working overtime and that magical fuel consumption disappears.
    Care factor is zero when you can then get a v6 Amarok with AWD, auto and 3500kg tow rating for an official 56K on road.

Quote Originally Posted by rj_astra View Post
    I think you are talking about the US spec Ford Ranger that will hit that market in a year or two.. to compete with the Chev Colorado which is "based" on the Colorado we get. The Raptor should go against the Colorado ZR2

Possibly. But the guys I spoke to in the plant while the prototypes were being put together who were working on it said it was for Australia.

I've not got a straight answer but I think it's the carryover 3.2.
    Ok a slightly straighter answer is that it is not the carryover 3.2 motor. Fingers crossed for the V6 Petrol in Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by rj_astra View Post
    Care factor is zero when you can then get a v6 Amarok with AWD, auto and 3500kg tow rating for an official 56K on road.
    yeh sure thats fine if you need to buy something. Not so great if you already have the 2L TT. I think the 2L 8sp auto is a great around town, light duties option. I just wouldn't want to tow big stuff long distances with one especially in auto.
    RB26......................Again

Ok a slightly straighter answer is that it is not the carryover 3.2 motor. Fingers crossed for the V6 Petrol in Raptor
    Heard the same today, engines will 2.0 turbo in both diesel and petrol.

Inside information? It better not be a 4 cylinder!

Yes inside information that it's not the 3.2 diesel. Putting my commercial hat on- they need to validate a petrol powertrian for USA so if it were me I would make it as similar to the Ranger Raptor as possible. The F150 Raptor has a V6 ecoboost now (and the Americans didn't like stepping back from the V8) and I'd bet big dollars the Americans won't allow more power (or cylinders) in the Ranger than it's bigger brother. So best bet I'd say a V6 petrol with a lower state of tune. I can't see them sending a 4cyl petrol to the US or the new Puma 2.0L motors regardless of the power it makes.

Note this is just for Raptor- normal Ranger still has 3.2 and 2.0 diesels

Have seen a few comments that the US market Ranger will be getting the same driveline as the Transit, ie 3.7 V6, 3.5 Ecoboost V6 and the 3.2 I5 diesel. Others are saying the 2.7 Ecoboost will be in the normal Ranger while the Raptor will be getting the 3.5 Ecoboost, but not the high output version.

Have seen a few comments that the US market Ranger will be getting the same driveline as the Transit, ie 3.7 V6, 3.5 Ecoboost V6 and the 3.2 I5 diesel. Others are saying the 2.7 Ecoboost will be in the normal Ranger while the Raptor will be getting the 3.5 Ecoboost, but not the high output version.
    Is the US market Ranger going to be the same as the Thai/Aus Ranger in size ?

I ask as the US market Colorado is bigger than the Thai/Aus Colorado.

I think there is some confusion there, some are saying the US will be getting the current T6 Ranger while others are saying it's actually the next generation they are getting.
    US Colorado is the same size as the AU one, give or take a couple of mm here and there. But they offer a crew cab with the extended cab tub which Holden doesn't

I think there is some confusion there, some are saying the US will be getting the current T6 Ranger while others are saying it's actually the next generation they are getting.
    US Colorado is the same size as the AU one, give or take a couple of mm here and there. But they offer a crew cab with the extended cab tub which Holden doesn't
    Next Gen Colorado will be Izuzu based ive heard, current one is not as far as I know.

as to Ranger, have heard the word Ingenium being mentioned........

Ingenium is the JLR engine. Not sharing that I donít think.

Current Colorado shares Isuzu platform. New Colorado will be its own thing and BT-50 and Isuzu will bum chum up

And the next Triton will be a rebadged Navara.

Ingenium is the JLR engine. Not sharing that I donít think.

Current Colorado shares Isuzu platform. New Colorado will be its own thing and BT-50 and Isuzu will bum chum up
    I heard the JLR engine was being shared by someone that has close ties to JLR, time will tell though and I though GM and Izuzu terminated the Asia build thing a few years back, both are shit boxes so though so not surprised if they still in bed together but new US Colorado will differ from Asia built one and is a re-badged Izuzu.
    Last edited by Fondles; 19-10-17 at 08:01 PM.