Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 2370

Thread: Dual cab diesel utes..... lets thrash this out YO!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    Yeah, because all workshops freely hand out on the internet specific details / specs of the all work they do. Maybe you could do a contra deal by licking his workshop windows clean ?
    What, and put Rdyno out of a job. That's a bit harsh.

Today you, Tomorrow you. tomvale13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
    where in QLD, i have a few places that can do it for you,
    I'm in the city. As long as it's in or close to bris (inc. suburbs) that's fine. Can you pm me the places you know of? In this thread is fine also obviously.

this is what they do with a DPF delete and a little tickle on the tune... plenty more on the table with a larger intank fuel pump too

I'd read about 450+ nm and 100+ kW atw on the dyno but hadn't heard about the fuel pump stuff though. Reckon they'd be deceivingly good on open roads/motorways once done! Also read the economy improves after the delete and tune.. which I was a little sceptical about.

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    Genuine clusterfuck, none of those motors will last, not with 15k services and half a liter of diesel in the sump.
    I do mine every 10 thou or 6 months.. was around 8 thou done at 6 months last service a week after forced regen.
    Last edited by tomvale13; 11-01-17 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_h View Post
    So dumb question, do all new diesels have a DPF?

I have a 2013 Amarok - should I sell it before the warranty expires?
    yes it has one, no you shouldnt.

owner of a v6 rok popped past today, straight pipe and tune, has graph of 221kw and 618nm.
    Sloth: [Sloff] Noun, like Skompa but with euro shitboxen, a large bearded person, with a penchant for cider and garlic pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno View Post
    That's retardism cunt stop discriminating against me and my fellow retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    Yeah, because all workshops freely hand out on the internet specific details / specs of the all work they do. Maybe you could do a contra deal by licking his workshop windows clean ?
    Yeah, because I asked specifically for the compressor map and sizes and designs of the internals, didn't I?

I'm already pushing 150rwkw, it would be nice to have plenty more.

People want to see information on a product that almost doubles the power of the original output... or am I alone in that when I spend money on my toys?

Quote Originally Posted by South View Post
    Yeah, because I asked specifically for the compressor map and sizes and designs of the internals, didn't I?

I'm already pushing 150rwkw, it would be nice to have plenty more.

People want to see information on a product that almost doubles the power of the original output... or am I alone in that when I spend money on my toys?

People always want information, but dales fuckwit detector is pretty sensitive on the net. Maybe if you are serious, you could pick up the phone and call him like a serious cunt with a product inquiry.

what information do you want? enough so you can try find in on the internet cheaper??

you cant buy this stuff off the internet, my turbo supllier makes this turbo for me, its direct bolt and retians the VNT exhaust housing,

the injectors you can buy from china if you like
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_h View Post
    So dumb question, do all new diesels have a DPF?

I have a 2013 Amarok - should I sell it before the warranty expires?
    I'm in the same boat with same truck, DPF delete is on the cards but I read that DPF has to be turned off in the ECU otherwise it goes into limp mode if you remove it.

If you're getting that turned off you may as well get a tune with your new dump pipe and all of a sudden you're talking $1500-2000 exercise. Happy to be proven wrong regarding DPF though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

yes you need a tune or you will get limp mode.
    im a cunt

No one likes Limp mode.

Still loving my 4L hilux. Thing fuckin goes good and skids like a champ

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmovik View Post
    Just driving the latest Triton and I must say it does have one of the best aircons I seen in a long time.
    However the throttle lag from a stop is intolerable.
    Yeah, we've for new povo pack dual cab tritons coming to replace our hiluxes. Driving one now.

Suspension is woeful. Front bottoms out over speed bumps, back has no give. How utes used to be 15 years back, but the game has moved on now. Steering ok. Cheap and nasty inside, but cheap to buy so no prob there.
    Manual trans shifts very nicely. Good spread of ratios.
    Engine pulls well from 1400 and is smoother than most plus quieter ( no going deaf at 110 like in just superseded hilux reving at 2700!h)

But as above, incredibly annoying lag response when getting on accelerator after a gear change or off the line. And also very slow to drop revs when changing gear, makes it hard to get smooth. Did t notice those issues much driving the new paj sport, 8 spd auto will do that i guess.Tune needed to fix those issues and you could live with one I guess if you couldn't afford a ute with decent standard suspension.

yes you need a tune or you will get limp mode.
    Any QLD guys you know who aren't rip off merchants you could recommend? Crispmods seems to be the gun Amarok tuner according to the interwbs.
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Quote Originally Posted by brasher View Post
    No one likes Limp mode.

Still loving my 4L hilux. Thing fuckin goes good and skids like a champ
    they do skidz well for a shitboxen
    Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Quote Originally Posted by 200MPH View Post
    Yeah, we've for new povo pack dual cab tritons coming to replace our hiluxes. Driving one now.

Suspension is woeful. Front bottoms out over speed bumps, back has no give. How utes used to be 15 years back, but the game has moved on now. Steering ok. Cheap and nasty inside, but cheap to buy so no prob there.
    Manual trans shifts very nicely. Good spread of ratios.
    Engine pulls well from 1400 and is smoother than most plus quieter ( no going deaf at 110 like in just superseded hilux reving at 2700!h)

But as above, incredibly annoying lag response when getting on accelerator after a gear change or off the line. And also very slow to drop revs when changing gear, makes it hard to get smooth. Did t notice those issues much driving the new paj sport, 8 spd auto will do that i guess.Tune needed to fix those issues and you could live with one I guess if you couldn't afford a ute with decent standard suspension.
    Modern diesels all seem to be like this, I'll agree the tritons are laggy. I've got an MN, blocked the EGR & 3" from the dump (thanks Dale) sorted it out. Really just need to give them more revs, similar to a 4cyl petrol with a big turbo.

IMO it's down to how you drive them, the old diesels that are big capacity that pull from 200rpm with low boost aren't like the new gen, you can drive them like a truck. Small new diesels, under 3L low comp high boost full of emissions shit need a rev.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Any QLD guys you know who aren't rip off merchants you could recommend? Crispmods seems to be the gun Amarok tuner according to the interwbs.
    From memory I think Mercury Motorsport are the ones?

hahahaah shitmods.... they guy is a shonk, sells slave tunes from overseas and china parts that he claims he developed... lol developed alright. googled and found them..
    Last edited by 10sec rx7; 12-01-17 at 08:13 AM.
    im a cunt

Any of you guys with amarok want air intake pipes let me know got plenty in stock

im a cunt

People always want information, but dales fuckwit detector is pretty sensitive on the net. Maybe if you are serious, you could pick up the phone and call him like a serious cunt with a product inquiry.
    Thanks for the handy hint... He's answered the questions now, it's not off the shelf and I'm not driving 9k kms round trip.

what information do you want? enough so you can try find in on the internet cheaper??

you cant buy this stuff off the internet, my turbo supllier makes this turbo for me, its direct bolt and retians the VNT exhaust housing,

the injectors you can buy from china if you like
    Price isn't a factor, you've done your research, a simple bit of marketing / information would allow people to know there are further options out there. MTQ have an upgrade, ECUChips in NZ have an upgrade, GTurbo has an upgrade, but no one is really putting much effort in to putting it out there.

I'm not going to drop 5k on a turbo and injectors that I know nothing about, I don't cheque book race.

Well then your going to be stuck at 150kw then aren't yiu
    im a cunt

You're not the target market. Tradie fuckwit is target market. Not yelling at wife fuckwit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosshoggett View Post
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Quote Originally Posted by South View Post
    Thanks for the handy hint... He's answered the questions now, it's not off the shelf and I'm not driving 9k kms round trip.

Price isn't a factor, you've done your research, a simple bit of marketing / information would allow people to know there are further options out there. MTQ have an upgrade, ECUChips in NZ have an upgrade, GTurbo has an upgrade, but no one is really putting much effort in to putting it out there.

I'm not going to drop 5k on a turbo and injectors that I know nothing about, I don't cheque book race.
    What's further to market than a turbo/injector/tune upgrade for a set price?

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman Don View Post
    What's further to market than a turbo/injector/tune upgrade for a set price?
    part numbers??
    im a cunt

part numbers??
    And the tune parameters too please.....

part numbers??
    If you wouldn't mind

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    And the tune parameters too please.....
    im a cunt

At least when you quoted me the text turned to italics.

And you do not want nudes.

I would probably go Crispmods. (or one of his local agents) Yes its a canned tune, I am sure we would all rather go to Dale for a proper dyno tune, (would absolutely be my preference) but in the absence of that, his tunes do give more go, solve the annoying "the cunt wont reverse over a soft dog turd" (auto) and allow the DPF delete, and are in heaps of cars and they are not going bang. (well not due to tune anyways... ) I would also do the EGR block plate. That series does have an issue with it, and it will silently and without any evidence of it happening lunch your motor when it goes bad. Ask me how I know. If you are outside of warranty definitely get onto this.

Go to ultimate diesel tuning if you in Brisbane. He can do all you dpf and egr stuff
    im a cunt

These np300 still shit on everything in the power vs $$

$3295 to get this
    im a cunt

Well then your going to be stuck at 150kw then aren't yiu
    No, it just helps to narrow down the selection field.

Dual cab diesel utes..... lets thrash this out YO!

Not blowing Dale's horn for him, and I'll be honest I've only ever bought a off the shelf exhaust off him and gotten some advice in a private tuning group I'm in. Anyway.

He has the runs on the board and well worth a listen to. So what he won't tell you his secrets in an open forum, good luck finding a workshop/tuner who will.

Call Donnon, sonny, John @ SQP see how you go
    Last edited by Milkman Don; 12-01-17 at 06:09 PM.

No doubting his abilities... diesels aren't typically secret squirrel business, but its his business, he can do what he likes. However I'm not a customer that walks in and says I want to make XYZ just fit shit and get it done.

Talk to the big players over here in the west and you'll know every last detail, same as some of the big pump builders over east. It's open forum and mass produced repeatable examples.

Drive in, drive out works for a lot of people... just not me.

I'm glad he has an option, means more people will get involved in higher performing diesels and more research will be done.

Happy days