Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual cab diesel utes..... lets thrash this out YO!

Edumacator
    70Ltank. Indicating empty on the gauge after 870 rural km. it's a 2012 model ST (2.5l) with 13000ks on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    I though the winking emoticon might have helped.
    You thought wrong. do you have any idea the amount of toyota bogans (ie the new generation of holden bogans that have moved on) that actually believe the advertising hype and constantly sprout it like its straight from the bible, then their fuckwit mates believe what their mates are sprouting, then like sheep go buy the same shit and creating another toyota bogan, thus creating the bogan evolutionary circle.

^this is how toyota gets away with selling tired old products (that are never risky, adventuous or class leading) and are able to charge the prices they do*

*86 excepted. fuck was that a breath of fresh air!

Quote Originally Posted by yojimbo View Post
    This is my D40 this morning. Gotta say I'm very happy with it. Towed this 3300kg trailer + boat no problems. Only a short distance this time and I did initially have my concerns. Once we were rolling though it was clear the navara had plenty of grunt and stability to do the job. 4x Hydraulic electric disk brakes certainly helped with confidence levels.
    Towing 3300kg on a 3000kg rated vehicle, then advertising it on the internet..

very smrt thing to do

This is my D40 this morning. Gotta say I'm very happy with it. Towed this 3300kg trailer + boat no problems. Only a short distance this time and I did initially have my concerns. Once we were rolling though it was clear the navara had plenty of grunt and stability to do the job. 4x Hydraulic electric disk brakes certainly helped with confidence levels.

As for fuel consumption I recently got 870 km (actual - not predicted) out of a tank on a long trip, pushing it on highways and country roads.

Also towed a jza70 + spares / tools and tyres to the snowy mountains 1000 from Newcastle, Averaged 12.6L / 100km for the 1400+ km round trip.

Smart minds think alike sturmovic! lol

Quote Originally Posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
    Towing 3300kg on a 3000kg rated vehicle, then advertising it on the internet..
    very smrt thing to do
    I must have missed the post with his full name, address, and car rego ?

Or does Nissan just type in "yojimbo" to their database and ban any cunt with the same name that rocks up for service ?
    LSA for towing, APRA N15 for going...

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmovik View Post
    fucking hell, this place is bandwagoning central lately. So one clown overloads his navara and bounces it up and down the beach and the chassis bends/breaks (which potentially have been a fault with just that car) and suddenly they can't tow there load rating? This pic is becoming like the ship & giant crankshaft image....
    RB26......................Again

Quote Originally Posted by John The Baptist View Post
    I was not overly fussed on the rear end either, in particular that massive badge so I tidied it up a little bit.

Followed a brand new Wildtrack in red today, the black bumpers and bits make it look pov spec, and untidy as hell. This looks much better.
    Personally I'd lean towards the BT-50 GT, can't see the odd looks once you throw the ARB catalouge at it.
    Toyota better release the new Hilux soon, have heard Toyota is going all out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rj_astra View Post
    Wonder if these would be popular in out market... with a V8 Duramax or similar

Petrol only and not really a load carrier, iirc run coils on the rear as it's actually a Suburban with a folding rear wall. I'd love one if it had the Duramax.

Opens
    Quote Originally Posted by fly510 View Post
    fucking hell, this place is bandwagoning central lately. So one clown overloads his navara and bounces it up and down the beach and the chassis bends/breaks (which potentially have been a fault with just that car) and suddenly they can't tow there load rating? This pic is becoming like the ship & giant crankshaft image....
    Needs a few more broken chassis pics to shore up this thread.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmovik View Post
    So Nissans break in the middle?

The first 3, and the D40, all clearly show the reason for damage. Too much weight aft of the axle line due to too long a tray.
    The last one is a Raptor that was jumped.

I've set it before and I'll say it again.

Fuck the Australian market for not providing us with Raptors!

Quote Originally Posted by John Denver View Post
    It sure as fuck aint the Amarok. Im with chino, some very misguided folks around pf when it comes to 4wds. I'd go over to outerlimits or 4wdaction and put a thread up there. You might actually get some feedback besides everyone just recommending whatever it may be that they own.

I can see the look of impending laughter on an outback mechanics face when the VW gets towed into his shop with *insert problem here*. Along with the dollar signs. Go for a drive more than 200km west of the east coast and see what 4wd's are getting around. 70% Toyotas, 19% Nissans and 1% Euro/Korean crap who's owner more than likely simply got lost.
    Ive driven all of em except an st550wank.
    all but an amarok in anger.

will never understand why anyone would ever buy oneprivately.

simply can't beat a hilux. Nothing takes a flogging like them. Seen every one of the current trend of latte faggot utes like this shit crashed, rolled, bogged, etc and they're all just 1970 chassis with a Kia on top and a diesel that has torque approximately 1000rpmafter you wanted it. if you're at all in the slightest serious about a 4wd you get a 75/79/200 series v8t/tt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosshoggett View Post
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Quote Originally Posted by John Denver View Post
    It sure as fuck aint the Amarok. Im with chino, some very misguided folks around pf when it comes to 4wds. I'd go over to outerlimits or 4wdaction and put a thread up there. You might actually get some feedback besides everyone just recommending whatever it may be that they own.

I can see the look of impending laughter on an outback mechanics face when the VW gets towed into his shop with *insert problem here*. Along with the dollar signs. Go for a drive more than 200km west of the east coast and see what 4wd's are getting around. 70% Toyotas, 19% Nissans and 1% Euro/Korean crap who's owner more than likely simply got lost.

Do you even.....................?

All were talking here is Dual Cab utes, let me spell them out for you

Amarok
    Navara
    Triton
    Colorado
    D-Max
    BT-50
    Ranger
    Hilux
    Great Wall
    SsangYong Actyon

Which one of them has better OFF ROAD ABILITY than the Amarok...and why?

Not which one would a bush mechanic prefer to fix, but which one has the best chance of clearing an obstacle

If you cannot answer kindly fuck off
    1978 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta 1UZFE - Project
    2013 Opel Insignia OPC - Daily
    2011 Hyundai iLoad - Work
    2015 Skoda Octavia Scout premium 132TSI - Mrs

Quote Originally Posted by fly510 View Post
    Yeh, next it will be on TT with a 'think of the children' rant.
    Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
    ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
    ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Dual cab utes...serious buisness

Quote Originally Posted by GTREA View Post

Amarok
    Navara
    Triton
    Colorado
    D-Max
    BT-50
    Ranger
    Hilux
    Great Wall
    SsangYong Actyon

Not which one would a bush mechanic prefer to fix, but which one has the best chance of clearing an obstacle

Since when has this topic been about off roading?
    Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
    ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
    ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Opens
    Great Wall
    Now its been mentioned, what's the off-road ability of a Great Wall V200 4x4 single cab?

Turbo Diesel - 105kw, 310nm... but only driving 1707kgs

Not at all considering one, just curious as they represent pretty decent value for money (22,990 driveway at list price)

Registered User innocent bystander's Avatar
    Why would Nissan send em from Spain when they have assembly plants in both the Philippines and Thailand for the D40.
    One day at the Nissan dealer:

"The King Cabs look exactly like this Dual Cab, except for the suicide doors and jump seats in the back."

Months later at the Nissan dealer:

"The floods in Thailand slowed production, so they have made up the shortfall by getting some vehicles from the factory in Spain. That's why the vehicle we originally showed you, and the one parked next to yours, is different in so many respects to the one delivered for you. Yours has come from Thailand, those others are from Spain."

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Arthur View Post
    Since when has this topic been about off roading?
    Since I mentioned I bought an Amarok because it was the best in class off road.

OP cares not for off roading, which is fair enough.

But two turkeys are claiming the Amarok is not the best off road and that is infact an absolutely absurd statement, yet cannot apparently back up with facts *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka View Post

simply can't beat a hilux. Nothing takes a flogging like them.
    Like the 3 mine spec hiluxs we blew up in approx 4 months of deployment up north... Apart from some light dune bashing all they did was drive to/from work and a few town runs. They were shit.

Yeah gotta call bullshit on those consumption figures, even more so if a horse float is towed occasionally.
    Call bullshit all you like. He didn't know how to reset it nor would he bother. Before his 800km towing trip he said it was saying 6.7... To be fair it doesn't really do any round town work. All 80/100kmh stuff, I think the average speed was pretty high, up around 60kmh. So mostly highway.

Amarok
    Navara
    Triton
    Colorado
    D-Max
    BT-50
    Ranger
    Hilux
    Great Wall
    SsangYong Actyon

You forgot a couple of 4wd dual cabs there:
    VW Transporter TDI400 Syncro
    Land Rover Defender 130 dual cab
    Toyota Land Cruiser 79 series dual cab
    Mercedes Sprinter dual cab 4x4.
    Isuzu N series 4x4 crewcab
    Fuso Canter 4x4 crewcab.
    All bar the VW are better off road then the other ones, provided they can actually FIT! All except the VW are shit on road, the VW is passable.
    Last edited by irsa76; 24-01-13 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Forgot the italics incase someone thought I was serious.

Fondles
    Quote Originally Posted by freakygeek View Post
    Call bullshit all you like. He didn't know how to reset it nor would he bother. Before his 800km towing trip he said it was saying 6.7... To be fair it doesn't really do any round town work. All 80/100kmh stuff, I think the average speed was pretty high, up around 60kmh. So mostly highway.
    He should be in the Guinness World Record book then as nobody has even come close to those figures, infact they shit on ford's mythical figures from a great height.

Tell him to keep a log book with real world figures for a month then come back at us with the figures, I bet Lance Armstrong's syringe they are not even close to what you have claimed.
    Last edited by Fondles; 24-01-13 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FatBoy View Post
    I must have missed the post with his full name, address, and car rego ?

Or does Nissan just type in "yojimbo" to their database and ban any cunt with the same name that rocks up for service ?
    if he smashes it, the insurance co might enlist the PF detective service. that will fuck yojimbo good!

anyways, on a more serious note, is the point of your retort to deny that overloading a vehcle ISNT a stupid practice? or just troll?

Edumacator
    Lol - fark me this place has got all serious in a hurry. Nissan service is fucked anyway, I wouldn't expect them to help if I hurt it towing anyway. FwIW the 3300kg was at its last weigh bridge visit. I recon by taking out the 200L of fuel, 40L of water, 30m of chain, 2 anchors, and emergency O2 cylinders, it would have been under the 3000 kg once we hit the road.

Edumacator
    OMG someone exaggerated on the Internet :o

RNJ Fabrication
    Triton is my pick.

Factory rear locker. Strong motor. Looks great.

I like the rear window.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    RNJ Fabrication
    Design-Machining-Welding
    RNJfabrication@yahoo.com
    04 0737 0736
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lol - fark me this place has got all serious in a hurry. Nissan service is fucked anyway, I wouldn't expect them to help if I hurt it towing anyway. FwIW the 3300kg was at its last weigh bridge visit. I recon by taking out the 200L of fuel, 40L of water, 30m of chain, 2 anchors, and emergency O2 cylinders, it would have been under the 3000 kg once we hit the road.
    oh shit, i forgot nissan excluded stuff like extra fuel, anchors, chains and shit i their tow ratings

Tell him to keep a log book with real world figures for a month then come back at us with the figures, I bet Lance Armstrong's syringe they are not even close to what you have claimed.
    No worries. How do you want me to authenticate the results?

Since you know, obviously the reading on the dash is a total lie... ??