Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E38 ECM Wiring

OK - i may have worked out another possible option for the harness.

http://lt1swap.com/2010camaro.htm
    LS3 Harness from a 2010-2011 Camaro appears to have both the J1(X1) and J2(X2) connectors on it so this eliminates the need for a Holden body harness, although the loom is going to want to locate the ECU in the wrong spot(well for me anyway) so i will need to extend that part of the harness..

it looks like these looms can be had for around $200USD brand new.. add to that the pigtail for the throttle pedal, OBD2 connector, a relay block, some wires and a new set of pins for the ECU plugs if i want to be a neat cunt and i think ill have a working loom...

So I ordered the camaro loom.. Looks like I'll be giving it a go..

I'm also thinking I'd like to wire in the BCM and get the cruise working, and I suppose any other useful features I can use.

Has anyone got any knowledge to share on getting a BCM integrated.

How did you go with this? I currently have VE E38 looms sitting on the ground and going through them to understand what I do and don't need. I'm deciphering it myself to see how hard it is going to be and to make sure it is integrated with the car really well. A custom loom sounds good but I thought I better have a go first.

25 schmeckles? Do the safety dance.'s Avatar
    I remember this thread. Had me concerned but really it is easy, you can definitely do it yourself.

So you got yours running? I am going to provide fused power where there was power before, keep all the shit I have wired up to the ECU in the same way and earth what was earthed before. Then take out anything I don't have like shit inside the firewall, ABS, wheel speed sensors, master cylinder level etc. I guess my main concern is do I need to simulate any inputs to the ECU that the BCM would have previously supplied?

EDIT- Just talking about hardware
    Last edited by lukevl; 20-07-15 at 07:00 AM.

Nah you got it sorted. Of the two loom plugs to the ecu I left one basically alone, didn't even take it off the engine. The other one has the wires you can remove. You connect the wires from the pedal and the obd directly to the plug, and remove a bunch of useless stuff. Use the diagram for a 2010 Camaro on lt1swap.com.
    The only other thing you need to worry about is the plug that went under the fuse box. Bunch of wires you don't need but you need to power the pink wires essentially.

Awesome thanks for that. Yeah the engine harness is pretty much right except for the lengths to suit the ECU location. There only appears to be a few fused power wires needed off that loom as you said (pink-blue for each bank of injectors and coils, starter etc) and I plan to run it from the Mazda fuse box. I have only just started looking at the other one but forgot about the OBD. I'll have to buy a generic OBD and pins and wire it myself.

Obd is easy obviously, check that website, its great. I just ran a little 5 fuse block tucked in the ecu box. There's a constant and ignition needed on the ecu plug too. I used the Mazda starter wire, easier.

I havent finished mine yet. But ive drawn it all out on paper and its pretty simple. When i get back home from holidays ill post it up.

That would be awesome thanks

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RotorBoy View Post
    Pressure and Temp Sensors

Attachment 63320
    I'm guessing my tan and tan/yellow are for air temp sensor???
    1jz Rolla Van ....... 11.6 at 124mph

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    I'm guessing my tan and tan/yellow are for air temp sensor???

Thanks for that, sorted

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Tacho output???

Have you checked lt1swap? It's all on there.

What? And leave PF???

I'll have a squiz