Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, 60 series/'79 Pootrol?

I'm just amazed it hasn't returned to earth as red oxide, Patrols didn't reallly have the best reputation for rust until the GQ, actually none of the Nissan commercials did.

With my dad's pootrol the rust wasn't in the Nissan, it was in the shitty aftermarket canopy that were dealer or Nissan Australia fitted.

The rest of the thing was bullet proof, aweful slow, but bullet proof.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PXL265 View Post
    From memory the brakes were non-existent when new, so test drive should happen.

Oh, and stop updating, makes me go and look on gumtree and carsales every time and have stupid thoughts about these things.
    Lols, non existent is exactly the word. Like there must be a blown line or some such as it was straight to the floor and that was it.

And this'll be the last for a while again sadly. Although... last I jumped on scumtree I found a pretty rough but working one running a 302 for not too much...

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    I'm just amazed it hasn't returned to earth as red oxide, Patrols didn't reallly have the best reputation for rust until the GQ, actually none of the Nissan commercials did.
    Heh, you should see the parts car I picked up.. Turns out the environment can be a cunt of a thing. As per the good one though, right place and they seem to last well. Wrong place and the chassis rails rust clean through.

Name:  111_IMG_20160423_154158.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  89.2 KB