Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1972 Toyota Crown MS 65 2JZ-GTE Conversion

thanks mate , my dad has a mate that has a diff shop he will see wat he can do for me

Originally Posted by Tut
    THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN

Now with more ebay parts. 2JZR31's Avatar
    2JZ turbos are noticeably more bulky than 1JZ. But I am still sure they can be made to fit. In my R31 I used a smaller but better dual diaphragm booster and slightly offset and tilted the whole engine. That might sound dodgy, but its actually of no significant consequence at all, and unless you sit in the center of your car to drive, will actually give a better weight distribution.

Relevant discussion http://performanceforums.com/forums/...riveline+anlge
    Last edited by 2JZR31; 15-07-13 at 06:47 PM.
    10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

is that ur crown?
    yep. sure is.

2JZ turbos are noticeably more bulky than 1JZ. But I am still sure they can be made to fit. In my R31 I used a smaller but better dual diaphragm booster and slightly offset and tilted the whole engine. That might sound dodgy, but its actually of no significant consequence at all, and unless you sit in the center of your car to drive, will actually give a better weight distribution.
    yep they are slightly bulkier, but the extra block height negates it. yep ive had one sitting in the bay before
    and nothing dodgy about leaning and a bit offset. you do what you got to do.
    Originally Posted by Tut
    THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN

Provided you use a centre pivot rack, bump steer is not an issue.
    Adjustable cam gears for 1FZ-FE now ready for sale - 10 degrees advance/10 degrees retard. Suitable for all variants of 1FZ-FE.

(adjustable scissor gear for changing separation angle between the intake and exhaust cams coming soon)

International sales welcome - PM me for pricing.

None of the racks I found came anywhere close to pivoting in a close enough spot to stop bump steer. You physically can't get enough teeth on the rack to go lock to lock even if you fab one. I'd love to see one it would have made my install a heap easier.

I even went to the point of mocking up a camera rack and running the suspension through its movement and the bump steer was horrendous no matter where it was positioned. You need a rack that is 250mm long. Ain't gonna happen.

TRD-RT81
    Quote Originally Posted by bp18t View Post
    I even went to the point of mocking up a camera rack and running the suspension through its movement and the bump steer was horrendous no matter where it was positioned. You need a rack that is 250mm long. Ain't gonna happen.
    have a look at an ST162 celica rack, they are fairly narrow ( pictured in my MX62 cressida below - with tube rotated )

Quote Originally Posted by bp18t View Post
    None of the racks I found came anywhere close to pivoting in a close enough spot to stop bump steer. You physically can't get enough teeth on the rack to go lock to lock even if you fab one. I'd love to see one it would have made my install a heap easier.
    Something like this would do it. You can put the pivot points almost anywhere you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin
    Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

^^^^
    Exactly - centre pivot rack.

The rack simply sits in place of the drag link and the steering arms remain the standard length - easy.
    Last edited by Supercrown; 16-07-13 at 06:24 PM.
    Adjustable cam gears for 1FZ-FE now ready for sale - 10 degrees advance/10 degrees retard. Suitable for all variants of 1FZ-FE.

(adjustable scissor gear for changing separation angle between the intake and exhaust cams coming soon)

Now that's the answer right there. Fucking awesome. Where can you buy?

TRD-RT81
    thats an RRS mustang kit I think, not the most streetable of things with the exposed guide rod and premium $$$$

For a budget RHD solution in a centre pivot rack look for Daewoo, Camira or Calibra racks. (there are probably others available too)

For more $$ see BlacksRacks here in Australia. Their bolt in HQ kit is about $3000, but you'd need to buy the rack and then make your own bracketry etc.

$3000. Fuck me. I can fabricate one for that.

The whole kit would be no use anyway of course.

Starting with a pretty fresh rack out of a daewoo etc would be the most cost effective by far. I'd keep it power steer too if it was me.

Bump - Any progress?

Sorry, Itís been a long time guys and I havenít posted progress due to constantly stopping the build due to cost reasons, but itís finally done......sort of.
    Iíll have to get some photos when I get a chance.
    Btw this is long sorry.

But hereís the rundown,
    We had the engine and A340 gearbox in the car with a custom tailshaft, mounted the 600x300x100 intercooler.
    We went with a micro tech LT16C ECU I wired that in myself.

Separated the body and chassis, rust proofed and painted the whole chassis and stone guarded the underside of the body. Replaced all bushes with super pro bushes (we had to modify hq radiator mount bushes and use them as body bushes)

Went a tru-trac in the early hilux diff and got the mounts changed over from the original crown diff.
    Then it sat for a fair while due to cost, and I started a mechanical repair shop in Burleigh Gold Coast, so that held things up abit.

Anyways move along a fair while later, we decided to change route, we got ahold of a power-glide and had that built, went another tailshaft with billet uniís, Proboost To4z turbo. Had a stainless mainifold and 3Ē dump pipe mate.

We decided to ditch the original fuel tank and a fabricator friend of ours made a alloy drop tank style fuel tank (which we later painted black because it stood out far too much) we bought A race works twin fuel pump hanger from their surge tanks, mounted it in the tank then modified the existing acces hole in the boot so we can access it with ease.

We ran -8 fuel lines (feed & return) 80lb Siemens injectors, raceworks rail kit and 1200hp fuel reg.
    Got a set of gauges from speedhut over in the states after a few mess up... and they are brilliant, even though we take more notice of the micro tech dash but it looks the part..

Setup a B&M ratchet shifter, trans cooler and fan which turns on with ignition, VL commodore alloy radiator with a single 18Ē fan ( then later switched to twin 11Ē fans ).

By this time we expanded the business and started a performance shop and bought a dyno.
    So it was that time we had to make the big decision of 98 or e85 and after abit of discussion we of course decided e85 (which we are currently regretting due to the brilliant fuel consumption we are getting of around 23L per 100)

So on the dyno it went, it took abit of getting use to the micro tech software as we had only played with haltech, link and hptuners. But after playing for abit it turned out to be really simple, there isnít as much controll as weíd like but it done the job.

We finished up around midnight (the neighbors loved that one, keep in mind we had no exhaust due to the location of the outlet facing the dyno straps)

Made 500hp running I little leaner so we pulled boost back to 20psi from 23psi and ended up with 480hp.

Drove the car home with no interior bar the drivers seat (making good use of a borrowed trade plate), refitted the interior properly mounted the eboost2 ready for test n tune that weekend.

After a couple of test passes leaving the line slowly (running 12.5ís just to make sure we werenít going to die) we decided to go abit harder and leave the line on 7psi of boost.. that very next run we went 10.96 @ 126mph.

We were pretty stoked with that and would have loved another run but it was closing time.
    The very next day I setup a 4500rpm 2-step and after a couple of tests we found we could make 13psi on the line.

The next test n tune which was held through the day so abit hotter temps we pretty much ran the same times, we decided to give the 2-step a crack. This time off the line it launched hard enough to lift the front left wheel about 2Ē off the ground then blow the tyres off.
    We tried a couple more times and blew the tyres off every time and the body roll from the torque was ridiculous and the drive shaft was hitting the floor. So home we went again.

We fabricated 2 adjustable top arms for the diff fitted 1 and welded the other in, while it was there I also got some 1700cc injectors and a bigger rear housing for the turbo (.68 to a 1.00ar)
    Hit the dyno again. This time we achieved 560hp on 24psi..

I think that lasted about a day before ordering a set of Kellford cams and springs from NZ. After a week wait we got them then fitted the same day thenon the dyno again the next day, this time we hit 630hp on the same boost and timing, was really impressive gaining 70hp from just a cam change.

Anyways thatís where we are up to at the moment and are still yet to run another 1/4 but I can see us getting kicked off the track if we do haha.

We also now have a Link fury ecu ready to wire-in and go flex fuel which we will get to in the next few months.
    We decided going link mainly due to the flexibility of tuning and there are a lot more features then the micro tech.

Thereís probably a fair few things Iíve missed but itís all I can think of at this time
    Iíll get some photos soon

Holy thread revival Batman!

Sounds like a bit of a beast now, can't wait to see photos :thumbsup:

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

lol that is some thread revival, nice work. As above, lets see some photos.
    '93 6SPD T04Z 1UZ JZA80 Supra
    '93 Auto T04Z JZA80 Supra

Venom Automotive - Billet Components to suit a variety of Automotive Applications including JZ, UZ & RB Engines.

Thread update and a half. Nice one

Now we just need an update from Supercrown!
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

I spoke to his wife and their house has no shed so no progress but apparently it is next thing being built.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

This is awesome. Looking forward to the pics!
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty