Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 1jz-gte + ra28 = skids

Vito needs to do it, ticks all the crazy jap crap boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _glenn_archer_ View Post
    Thanks guys! They street machine guys where asking if I had any mates with similar type quick jap crap that would like to come next year and ruffle a few feathers! Anyone keen to have a crack should send me a message and I can pass on the details (no idea where it will be or when at this point tho).

Also got a call from street machine at work the other day, wanted a few more details on the car for next months mag!! Keen as to see what comes of it!!
    If my car is back from the States in time, I might be keen
    1jz Rolla Van ....... 10.5 at 134mph

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    Vito needs to do it, ticks all the crazy jap crap boxes.
    ive already booked out almost all my leave for another trip to germany/italy next year. i might do this event one day though, pretty sure a bunch of the spoot guys wanna get together and do this at some point

Slowly on a Sunday as I reaaaaaly couldn't be bothered until this point changed the fluids in the beast today, she had a very hard 5k between services this time!

Fluids left to right,

Diff. Catch can. Hydro fan. Gearbox. Fuel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0701.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	103407

Gearbag has seen better days!

Name:	IMG_0705.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	103405

Diff oil has also seen better days!!

Name:	IMG_0704.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	103406

Both auto and diff slightly metallic.... hopefully no major damage, might get a few fluid changes in quick succession to try and help get any contaminants out!

Fuel I got out of the fuel filters was way nicer than expected (put a fuel system cleaner in on the drive back to canberra) and I expected it to loosen a heap of crap... mustn't have been all that bad?
    1JZ RA28 (yoshi) the toymotor sillycar
    http://performanceforums.com/forums/...gte-ra28-skids
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Thanks guys! They street machine guys where asking if I had any mates with similar type quick jap crap that would like to come next year and ruffle a few feathers! Anyone keen to have a crack should send me a message and I can pass on the details (no idea where it will be or when at this point tho).

Also got a call from street machine at work the other day, wanted a few more details on the car for next months mag!! Keen as to see what comes of it!!
    Glen I'll be there next year with Matt and Justin.. the 1j wagon should be running by then

After the last day of work before Xmas brake, I decided to pull the pan off the gearbox for a bit on an inspection after seeing the horrible colour of the fluid removed after DC...

Name:	IMG_0768.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	104049

Apon opening her up I found some nasty little hedge hogs instead of clean magnets left when rebuilt about 10,000km ago!

Name:	IMG_0771.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	104048

During DC and all previous driving events the temp displayed on my trans gauge would rairly get above 90*c! Even with the 4800rpm stall!
    But that was reading trans temp at the front of the pan (temp gauge and thermo fan switch @80*c) so fan wouldn't turn on very often! After seeing the colour of the used fluid it was clear the temp was a HELL OF A LOT HIGHER

So I made this little manifold to move the senders from the pan into the cooler line before the trans cooler. First drive around the block was interesting... average temp was 90*c and as such the fan was an EARLY and basically the whole time!

Name:	IMG_0777.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	104047

Haven't driven car since but I get the feeling I'm gonna be hawk eyeing the gauge for a while! Lol
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Good idea, I want to do similar when I change to th400

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Temp gauge should always be on the hose exiting the box after going through the converter

Good news however

What thermostatic switch are you using for the trans? Im using one originally for a radiator but I think its dead after not much use. Car is awesome by the way, do you plan to stay with the a340?

Makes sense in hind sight to be the hottest part of the box but I didn't really think about it the first time around :/

Switch was from a radiator same as yours, I just went through the tridon thermo switch and sender catalog at the local parts shop to pick one off the shelf close to what I thought would be a good temp to try and keep the box from going abouve

Not planing on moving away from the A340 at this point, has overdrive and converter lock up so it's great for the street! Would be sweet if I could trans brake it! But it's not a drag car and trans brake is no good for the street for me anyway :/ maybe one day... if I get more serious on the drags go a tried and tested rout while trying to keep it street friendly!
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Not planing on moving away from the A340 at this point, has overdrive and converter lock up so it's great for the street! Would be sweet if I could trans brake it! But it's not a drag car and trans brake is no good for the street for me anyway :/ maybe one day... if I get more serious on the drags go a tried and tested rout while trying to keep it street friendly!
    M&A? (not the local one) were looking at a transbrake for the A340 - but haven't seen anything since shane was testing - and then he went th i think...

I'm thinking about a TH - I'll miss the 4th gear, but I hardly ever use the lockup on the street.
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

PF GT5 whore car list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CPKNmOIJ

Also I have had the box built and mike at MV would be good for 400+ rwkw with traction, that is something I rairly have...400kw at the wheels in this thing would be hella exciting tho!

I'll see, if I blow it up at some point I'll think about my options! But I would say with my track record the w fine would go first ;p haha
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Keep the A340E, it will be cheaper to blow it to smithereens and completely build another than to get a good TH box installed and running.
    Sparkly diff oil is fine, sparkly trans oil just needs changing
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

I think built TH700s and A340s are about the same. Both get to a point where they just wanna explode no matter how much magic you throw at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt

Quote Originally Posted by GSRman View Post
    M&A? (not the local one) were looking at a transbrake for the A340 - but haven't seen anything since shane was testing - and then he went th i think...

I'm thinking about a TH - I'll miss the 4th gear, but I hardly ever use the lockup on the street.
    Talk to Shiftright about a 4l80e, he is making them live behind 632ci BBC that run 9s without any dramas, also completed drag challenge with it

Change your rear gear up to 3.5 (you've got the power for it) and ditch the overdrive box

Quote Originally Posted by Ke26 Wagon View Post
    Talk to Shiftright about a 4l80e, he is making them live behind 632ci BBC that run 9s without any dramas, also completed drag challenge with it
    hmmm - not sure that will be all that happy.

we should start another thread for jz auto options and stop side-tracking this one.
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

PF GT5 whore car list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CPKNmOIJ

This guy knows what's up! ^^^ haha
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

I started a thread.... You're welcome

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842925947