Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 1jz-gte + ra28 = skids

Quote Originally Posted by _glenn_archer_ View Post
    I'm keen Justen! Haha would be gold if 3 of us could do it! Drive up together kill it and drive home! But I get the feeling that mattys car just isn't fast enough poke poke hahah
    Blow turbo setup time for Matt
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

I've got a packet of nitrous jets… I'll be ok
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt

Wanted to put some carnage photos up but photo bucket isn't playing the game she short story is bulk timing and boost is bad for Pistons and even worse for high comp pistons with boost!
    1JZ RA28 (yoshi) the toymotor sillycar
    http://performanceforums.com/forums/...gte-ra28-skids
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Sump full of broken Pistons

Bore and piston looking unhappy

I dont think that's a good sign when you cant see the bonnet past the catch can and its running on less than 5 of 6 cylinders

I can't find the really good picture of the piston that is basically missing a side! When I find it or take a new photo I will upload it :/ lol FML
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

put a 7M in it :P

Quote Originally Posted by _glenn_archer_ View Post

Also I would like to make some kind of expansion tank style cooling system like on a falcon because my radiator is a lot lower than my head/top neck so a self bleeding system would be awesome! So if anyone knows of someone that has done this with any success let me know!! Haha any help is appreciated

Cheers, Glenn.
    I run a volvo 740 header tank on my sr20 1600, much neater than the ford unit

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VOLVO-COO...cAAOSwSHZWbzLW
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Turbo510 was your reason for running an expansion tank the same as mine? Radiator lower than other components? And also did you run the tank like Volvo did with air? Or filled it and ran an overflow tank as well?how did it all work out? Cheers.
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Few bumps in the road. Never fun and tends to hurt the bank account. Otherwise great work and thankyou for the write up and wow on the car.

PS Yes pics needed per PF rules!
    Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Found it... lol the good picture, apparently this was an engine build issue and had nothing to do with the mountains of timing it had... Yeah...

Lol
    Last edited by _glenn_archer_; 18-12-15 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Wrong fucking picture
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Ouch!
    '10 Forester Diesel 6Spd - Slow and sensible
    '93 SWB Pajero - Slow but scary
    '89 MX5 B6-T - Scary not slow

That's got frikin hot as fark. I'd be looking at timing and mixture.
    Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Fuck. Fucking cars and motors.
    The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

when all else fails, hit it harder.

Holy fucking.

Quote Originally Posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
    Good fun now with more cubes and way too much converter

And the engines last heaps longer now that the ECU isn't mysteriously pumping an extra 20 degrees timing into it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
    That's got frikin hot as fark. I'd be looking at timing and mixture.
    Gold star for you lol
    Hold it flat cunt

Haha you get a gold star! And you get a gold star! Everyone gets a gold star! Well not everyone... Haha yeah all sorted now! Way way wayyyyyy less timing, and actually less fuel in places.

Scrap that!

Complete new tune, and took the time to look at an listen to ignition timing and I have an engine that holds together and for a run in tune on low boost made reasonable power (remembering it's a small light car) with more to come!

Then ad a splash of ethanol put some timing back in (only a few degrees) and for the same boost pick um mountains of torque and power across the ENTIRE range! It's actually a lot of fun to drive

E85=fuckn happy motor
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Had to do the usual crap for engineering / rego like,
    Raise the car
    Quiet exhaust
    Plumb screamer in
    Change yellow high beams

But then I had to do some different stuff like
    Add gear quadrant illumination...

Used one of the centre pices of the B&M stealth pro ratchet and drilled a hole to mound a little 12v LED in a bezel into the underside and then ran the wiring down the centre of the handle where the teams brake wiring would go.

Then I had to put retracting seat belts in the second row seating.

Used the factory seat belt bolt holes but I also added a support to stop seatbelt from rolling forward by adding a strap to the top seat mount.

Just used some universal 90*90* seatbelts from auto pro that where ADR approved.

Had to remake one of my rocket covers to add a PCV back in :/ so I remade both and bought a new PCV new grommet and hose genuine from Toyota (how good is dealing with Toyota with no VIN number for an import!!!! Haha)

Painted in VHT wrinkle black for a nice stock look

Also had to remake my lower rear seat pivot bushes because one was cracked and when you dropped the top of seat down one side would drop at the bottom because it was cracked (this is classed as a seat anchorage so failed rego inspection)

And I also ended up using a full set of "Spare" steel wheels from a selection of r31 skyline silhouette or TI models that can with 15" alloys but didn't option an alloy spare they had 15" circle hole steelie not the 14" ones like all the others had! So of you know anyone that will sell me one!! Or more I would really appreciate it!!!

That's all of the fun stuff I can think of for engineering becides silly little shit, clearances, trailing arm angles e.t.c
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Little update.

Pulled the engine and gearbox out the other day so I can send the box across to Adelaide for MV Automatis to work his magic on the tosted gearbag getting a stage 2 build done with extra clutches added into 2nd and 3rd, few tweakes to the valve body and also to have my converter stalled DOWN! 4850 is a little much "fun" but a little much for the street, probably aim for about 3800-3900 stall.

While the engine is out I will be putting my HKS 264 camshafts in and adjustable cam gears, hopefully this will take some compression out of it allowing me to run a little more ignition timing as well! I'll will also be fixing a small oil leak from the turbo drain (couldn't really tell where it was coming from so now is a good time!) and if there is time before Toyota nationals in Dubbo I will be changing radiators to something bigger and doing my hydrolic fan set up that's the plan ATM anyway!
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Registered User Mc Juicy Hairy Balls's Avatar
    nice tidy fab on the seatbelt bracket dude

Be good to see it at dubbo again

This is looking awesome man.
    Did they pull you up on not having the pcv valve running into the intake manifold? I was thinking of blocking mine off and just running AN fittings from each cam cover to my catch can then back into the air intake.

If you got pulled up on it I might just run the catch can but leave the PCV in place.

Thanks hairy balls I was originally just gonna smash it together to get over rego but one I had to fork out for the belts I decided if I was going to all the effort and spending the money I should just do it properly the first time and leave them in the car! It worked out fairly well and one less thing to stress about if it ever gets defected or pulled over e.t.c

Sam! Keen as mustard for Dubbo! Just need to get my parts back in time! Then not blow it up extracting da powerzzzz and or managing it off the limiter at power cruise.... (Want to make it but really don't think time is going to alow) but DUBVEGAS is always a good weekend!

Andy, I had to remake my rocker covers so I could put a PCV back in! So I actually have one in at the moment, but that line may or may not be getting a ball bearing shoved down its throat this week... Who said that! Hahaha, you should come to Toyota nationals in Dubbo, so many cool old toyotas there and it's actually a really good weekend! Plus I'll take you for a hotlap doooo iiiiit cuuuuunt

Last cruise before I pulled it all apart again

Also sent my gearbox away today fairly keen to get that back already! Mike from MV automatics in Adelaide is always really easy to deal with over the phone, seems like a nice genuine dude! Highly recomend
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

But how cool would it be to take it to Powercruise and not blow it up after one lap.

We may even manage to have the whole green car skid team there lol
    Hold it flat cunt

I remember going to power cruise once and not blowing my car up..... When it had a stock engine with stock boost, and stock management... Ahhhh, those where the days :/ lol

should be a bit more of a tyre hater if it makes it this time.... Long as it doesn't fly to pices I'll be happy haltech should sponsor me an ELITE-2500 so I can have knock control that would be nice! Haha
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Little bit of an update, gearbox made it to MV automatics in Adelaide no worries (slow as fuck, but no worries) waiting on mike to pull it apart and tell me the damage to the box is, and in turn the damage to my wallet!

Have done some measuring and think I'm going to order a radiator core for an Hyundai excel and fabricate my own tanks to suit the car (pictures to follow)

Working for a Volvo shop now I have found that a Volvo 750 header tank fits really well between my wiper motor and my strut tower in the engine bay it's like a square with one bleeder into Te top and a return out of the bottom to go back to the radiator, it's translucent so you can see the level easily, jade a level sensor if I get over keen on wiring more engine protection in and its FACTORY TESTED! I haven't mounted it yet but this is what they look like

Tonight I pulled the stock cams and installed my HKS 264* inlet and exhaust cams with adjustable wank wank cam gears (timing cover will hide them nicely!) only ONE of my intake shims was too tight out of all 24 valves I was fairly happy! And it was that close I think I'm going to let it chill to be honest!

Also went to mount my new power steering pump I bought to the block on my lunch break the other day and learned the hard way that there was a bracket missing... One I had multiple of but threw them to scrap during a garage clean out not long ago after some hunting I called the dude I got the pump from and he said I could come look through his pile of parts and it I could find what I needed I could have it! Went and managed to find the two brackets straight away!! WINNING!!

Brackets

With pump (won't be running Reso on top tho)

This is a non turbo ps pump with the Reso and you can buy with fitting for the turbo ps pump "where to reso bolts up to for the remote Reso" and I will be converting my radiator overflow tank into the ps tank (this is all still so I can run a hydrolic engine fan instead of thermos.

Also took some photos for anyone that didn't know the difference between the 2jz-ge/t non vvti and the 2jz-ge vvti con rods (the vvti rods where explained to me once as the SNAPPY 2JZ RODS)

VVTI on top and non VVTI turbo/no turbo bottom

Same again

There is a fair size difference in them!
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Few more bits, running out of time and funds ATM power cruise isn't looking good for me!

Made a bracket to tie the alt to the P/S pump this was before welding and blacking

Black, and for all my efforts I archived FUCK ALL belt wrap on the alternator back to the drawing board!

So I chased down a 2jz-ge alt (only reason I'm not running one is the one from my halfcut when I first did the conversion was fucked!)

Double alternators to solve all my small battery in the boot problems? Lol fuck that! But belt wrap is heaps better! Sacrificed some water pump wrap but that's how it is factory, So I'm ok with it.

KILLASET went up to sydney for work shit and brought me home some gifts for the green shed ornament! Gonna have to make another order before its running but it was somewhere to start anyway! And fuck VT Commodores that's why the shit is stacked on the roof instead of the ground

Remade all the turbo lines in 200 series Teflon braid this time because they kept cooking the push lock off!! FFS, was getting really over it, so hopefully this with all the heat sleeve woll survive! Looks like ass tho :/ not really happy about it but hey, if it works I'll be happy! 3 sets of lines in 10,000kms

Tapped a -6AN fitting into the water pump also which I have been meaning to do forever!

Started on my oil pressure manifold tonight also, it's a left over bit of fuel rail extrusion nothing special but I figure would be OK for 150psi? Haha

This is where it will live, there was just too much crap hanging off the 1 1/8npt fitting that was supposed to just be oil pressure switch, the setup is just inline with the turbo feed, pressure sender for my SPEEDHUT gauges and a Honeywell sender for the ECU and also a spare blank port thought about temp for the ECU but I think that might not be the best representation due to flow?

And now that I have your attention with pretty pictures!
    My gearbox is on its way back from MV autos in Adelaide, Mick said something along the lines of "this box got so fucking hot, if the dipstick half popped out it would have caught on fire!" All the plastic thrust washers where melted out of it, Shit everywhere it wasn't meant to be! The converter had ballooned, and also been so hot it cooked the friction material off the lock up clutch which let the converter touch internally and weld itself together :'(

So Iv had the box rebuilt to a stage 2 more clutches in 2nd and 3rd, had the valve body redone (apparently they do it differently now) and also had a NEW converter made! He looked after me on price but I still nearly died when the converter couldn't be repaired it was $1500ish less than 3000km ago.... Not happy Jan shit happens,

rant over.
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

New gearbag showed up price blew out a little bit but that's what happens when the converter welds itself together... You have to buy a new one and then have it worked... But look! Abbo chrome for dayyyyyyssss

MV automatics stage 2 built box with 3800 stall converter still with lock up.

Made a ghetto bracket for my expansion tank so I could just use 3 nutserts in the body to mount it.

Spent wayy to long making this mount and look alright "for a fucking Volvo part anyway"

Didn't turn out to badly I don't think, I used an old one from a wreck at work and ordered a new one that showed up today when it all looked like it was going to work.

Then I thought I should check if the bonnet clears... It's lower than the strut tower and wiper plenum, why wouldn't it right? Oh yeah there is a vent in the bonnet... RIGHT WHERE I MOUNTED THE TANK!....

Whoops.

And then I decided to touch the rust in the front of the bonnet... Why? I don't know, it was bugging me and now I have caused more headache lol

And more...

And while I'm in the mood for cutting, time to rape the front of car out big enough to fit a commodore radiator (might have half a chance of cooling the thing!!

The core is a good size and I will just fabricate my own tanks, the hydro thermo fan fits white well on the core also. In the car will be a whole bother issue tho!

Many long nights ahead! Took an early mark tonight tho! I need sleep, badly hahaha
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

looking great man!

Quote Originally Posted by celica77 View Post
    looking great man!
    x2.
    Shame about that rust
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

breathing a little life into a dead thread :P

car has been going really well, I have actually been using it for daily duties a bit and even a few decent sized trips around 1000+km each

every mm counted in the front

but I am very happy with it all! fan pulls heaps! controlled by the haltech like i wanted and temp on the dyno was very consistent even with back to back power runs

made some have reasonable power until I ran out of intercooler and was getting bulk intake temp :/

that's through a 4800rpm converter with lockup OFF

I also gave up on the rust filled bonnet and opted to fix another lol

first polish after the black, I would have liked to go green again but after the last bits got painted I wasn't happy with the result so matched the wheels instead.

engine bay as it all sits now, I made a brace from the struts to the radiator support as it was actually starting to crack in a few places, I also reinforced the parts where the radiator mounts and the intercooler pipes come through

skids from Toyota nationals in dubbo, because who here dosent like skids??

and just a few pixs from recently

im torn between changine more and making more power or just driving it (I know I should just drive it!) but I would like to make 500+hp at the treads!! hahaha
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

I saw you coming out of Mitchell the other day. Well that part of the GDE.

Looks trick! Good to see it rolling again
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.