Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 1jz-gte + ra28 = skids

Looking awesome man!!

Got a temp gauge on the trans? I would think you would need a much bigger cooler for that kind of stall on the street.

That cooler on the front is actually for engine oil, the trans cooler is inder the car with a thermo fan it's fairly sizeable and has a temp switch in the pan to turn it on.

Driving around town I barely ever see any more than 75/80*c the fan turns on at 80*c and normally never see more than 95/100*c

Remembering there isn't a lot of car to move around with 3.9 diff gears and lock up in the converter (the temp falls off the low side of the gauge with lock up on) the converter is nice and tight also, if your cruising it doesn't flare badly but if you nail it then it's mooooooooo city lol
    1JZ RA28 (yoshi) the toymotor sillycar
    http://performanceforums.com/forums/...gte-ra28-skids
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

This is the trans cooler and fan, not exactly small... But it's not a circuit car or anything, for Te amount of time I'm seriously burning trans fluid this is defiantly big enough.

200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Fuck me that is impressive looking. You have done a sensational job...

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

Thanks Fanta pants and lads plan for ages has been to drive it to sydney from Canberra, try run a 10s pass get kicked and drive back! Would also really like to do a drag week in it! Think that would be fairly awesome 😁 Was getting a few snatchchat updates from motherfucker jones and made me want to be there even more.

Canberra needs a drag strip :'(
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

looking for a nice small power steering style cooler to do the fan circuit the fluid seems to be getting fairly hot and I don't want the seals in both the fan and the pump to last 5 mins and make a massive mess im so limited for space at the moment ill try and find a picture of what im looking for and where I want to put it and if anyone has seen something similar let me know
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

BA coon one? They're just a 2 row loop with some fins I think
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt

Annual update... lol

Was getting ready for powercruise last week and decided to put some water meth on the celica (have been talking about doing it for a while) intake temps on boost (above 20psi) where getting rediculas, boost was building temp, computer was taking timing out and getting nowhere. I didn't want to cut the car up again and go a bigger cooler as I was enjoying it looking like a car and not a spaceship....

Got this kit as something to modify and get the haltech to control it, plan was one injector pre turbo and one post intercooler. Have them staged off boost or intake temp. Had one of the boys from my ice hockey team spin me up a holder for the injector to go pre turbo (will need some cleaning up and fine tuning) but a good start none the less!

Buuuuuut plans don't always go how you want them to do they? Driving the car to work to do the mods it started running REALLY BADLY felt like I had dropped an anchor out the back, air fuel ratios went to shit! I was mid 17/1 any time I touched the throttle.

Long story short one of my 044 fuel pumps had shit itself! Fuel pressures had moved and everything went to shit.

New fuel pump, change fuel filters (only 5000k old E85) decided to cut them all open, see the devistation.

All out of brush

Armature worn and burnt (dead segments)

Fuel filters looking nasty as fuck!!

And after that it still ran like a busted ass shitheap!! Run it up on the Dyno and it had nasty holes in the map everywhere, fuel pressure had changed a little bit not enough for that to be my problem. Pulling plugs on every run for a looo with no real tell tales, thinking bad fuel I drained the tank and went pump 98 just to test the theory. It helped a little bit didn't fix the problem, next step was to pull injectors and have a look at the baskets. It was hard to tell looking at them but they didn't look great so I had them bench tested (was told #3/#4 basically didn't flow at all under load!) but rip the baskets out and they flowed massively more!

New baskets and an ultrasonic bath later and they where back to new.

The shitter ran like a car again and was back to being nice and crisp on the Dyno! Thank fuck for no damage to internals! So it was back to pushing for powercruise, mounting meth tanks, pumps, solenoids and wiring. Ended up with the tank and pump in the engine bay so I had to change my filter setup and thought this a good time as any to do a heat shield for the air filter. This is what I ended up with.

The pump is directly under the filter and I'll hide all the relay setup behind the meth tank.

Little test spray with the smallest injector, flows a shitload more than I was expecting... I don't know what I was expecting really tho

And this is a photo of the compressor wheel before I spray shit into it at bulk rpm and potentially destroy it lol

And after all this happened I decided to pull thee pin. It just wasn't right, tune needed a fix up I wasn't ready. Just wasn't my even this time I wanted to race the drags Sunday worst case but got to Friday and when I had a look the Sunday street meet had disappeared off the calender! Fuck it... pulled the pin on everything and drank beer instead!

just a few pix from recent dinners/cars and coffee

If anyone has pointers or tips for the water meth I'm all ears!

Also still looking for a small power steer cooler about 4X4inch 100x100mm ish with 3/8 fittings thanks!

Cheers, Glenn.
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Quote Originally Posted by _glenn_archer_ View Post
    Also still looking for a small power steer cooler about 4X4inch 100x100mm ish with 3/8 fittings thanks!
    I needed same, got this one - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/222357503113 (in use - http://notinteractive.com/forester/ps-cooler.jpg)
    Don't know what it's from, might be worth messaging the seller to ask if you're having trouble finding one.

Love the celica, relieved you didn't chop up the nose to fit more cooler.

Yeah! Good work on not chopping the front of the car! Hahaha
    Hold it flat cunt

whens this coming roll racing??

Busted up that pump and filter nicely. Shame about powercruise.

Car looked good at cars and coffee!
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
    Yeah! Good work on not chopping the front of the car! Hahaha
    lol!! What I meant to say was... I don't want to cut the front up more than I already have aaaaaand I would like to keep a grill on the car. Better Matty? Haha

LoveB - When is the next roll racing? And how much will it cost to enter?

Aerobrick - Thanks for the link to the cooler but looks a little more agricultural than I'm hoping to find I have found one but $150/180 seems a bit steep especially when I want 2
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

My tip is don't go water meth lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrie View Post
    My tip is don't go water meth lol
    I feel like there is a good story to back this up Tyrie? What is your problem with it?
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

I feel like there is a good story to back this up Tyrie? What is your problem with it?
    It never worked for me. Tuner couldn't tune with it (too much spray down low and too little up top), didn't do much cooling which is partly why the lines melted in the engine bay. On top of that it was damn expensive stuff to run. Having a stuffed supercharger didn't help though.

I would have said a more efficient intercooler if possible and a more efficient turbo would be a better way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrie View Post
    It never worked for me. Tuner couldn't tune with it (too much spray down low and too little up top), didn't do much cooling which is partly why the lines melted in the engine bay. On top of that it was damn expensive stuff to run. Having a stuffed supercharger didn't help though.

I would have said a more efficient intercooler if possible and a more efficient turbo would be a better way to go.
    I'm all for a more efficient turbocharger and intercooler but I'm outa space for the cooler and outa money for the turbo this was meant to be a cheep option but it really isn't panning out that way :/ lol

Test fitted the injector holder in the front of the turbo and it actually fitted quite well considering the rough cast on the inlet of the turbo and the dodgy ass verniers I used to measure that with, keep in mind I'm going to die grind this into a SLIGHTLY more aerodynamic friendly shape, slightly.

And currently have some water meth mixed up in a brake clean container from work to see if it will melt it or not. I marked the container out at 2L itervles to make it easier to mix batches later. They come with a nice little tap to replace the cap which will be handy to fill the tank in my bay without a funnel

I also started machining the adaptor to screw into the back of the injector and go to the teflon line, I'll put a picture of it up when it's done.

Cheers, Glenn.
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

We ran one of those for nates water meth tank for his radiator sprayers. Didn't explode. I think once you mix the two it pretty well kills the meth's appetite for wrecking shit
    Hold it flat cunt

If anyone has pointers or tips for the water meth I'm all ears!

Oh, and that drum will be fine with neat methanol, most any solvent and nitro.

Quote Originally Posted by 246GT4 View Post

Oh, and that drum will be fine with neat methanol, most any solvent and nitro.
    -^^^ this is some formula one looking space age centrifical style blower looking wizzard shit (probably form 80/90s) lol

Thanks for the heads up on the methanol mix in the tank, I was fairly confident about it but not 100% didn't melt into a heap overnight so That's good
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

(probably form 80/90s)
    Ahh they were the days...

Its a fuel rail.

90's CHAMP car.

No inter cooler? we can find a way around that.

Good idea on the dual point injection.

What were your intake temps post cooler?

I saw some filter pics, but missed the point, what injectors are you running?

Making the trek to Dubbo this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

Intake temps post cooler (pre intake manifold) around 100+*c so it was well and truly pulling timing out for intake air temp correction... lol

Plan is dubbo yes should be ok, long as my shit holds together when I start beating on it back on the Dyno lol I jut want 500hp at the wheels. For now. Lol. Which really isn't that far away 340kw now what's 500hp = 375kw or something? Either way what it has now is plenty for the street had a little fun run with an AMG 63 turbo V8 thing last night. I think he was more excited than I was when I smoked him haha kept telling me it was an amg and turbo and how he didn't expect the be beaten lol I had fun.... even if Matty pointed out he was probably 1000kg heavier than me :'D
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Looking good buddy, I am probably going to try and do something similar with your shielding around the intake and pod filter.

LOL setup I had for you was $100 tops and would do what you needed
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

I feel inspired and will also come to dubbo and spray some shit in my intake
    Hold it flat cunt

Got around to "slightly" improving/finishing my meth injector holder pre turbo.

Just rounded all the edges and finished the adaptor to hold the injector an go to 1/4 nylon line
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

, talk about overkill
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Overkill is underrated
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.