Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Mustangs are in early this year, 2015 Mustang leaked.

PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    If they did threaten to make more power & torque outta the box, they'll be modified so as to be SURE not to.
    Whether that modification is in the engineering department or the marketing department is a different question ...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyJZX View Post
    it'll be like the monaro

pent up demand = sold out for 2yrs then... tumbleweeds when people realise a gas guzzling coupe is as useful as tits on a bull
    I think what you're describing happened because they were getting old & weren't being updated & they just got uglier as time went by.
    Coupé versions of sedans are about appearances, when they become relatively common their point goes away; in the Rustang's case, however, there is no sedan equivalent sold under the same brand & there's no guarantee the "opposition brand" will be around with their sedan for long.
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 04-11-13 at 01:51 PM.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

It will be similar to the 86 if they bring it in at 50k, its got no direct competition and will have no inderect family competition ( ford v8) in a few years.
    this signature intentionally left blank

Pollitically incorrect
    Quote Originally Posted by CussCuss View Post
    V8 Manual for $50k in aus will sell as fast as they can get them here.
    you'd think so.

Sexxy looking car, any one who thinks a commo is better looking has eye aids.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Quote Originally Posted by nastypaul View Post
    Sexxy looking car, any one who thinks a commo is better looking has eye aids.
    The fanboiness prejudices/preconceptions are a powerful inducer of eye-AIDS ... because Peter Brock!
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Quote Originally Posted by Forg View Post
    While I agree with you form the POV of my own personal interest ... are Holden having any trouble keeping up with demand for the sub-$50k SS, which is probably a faster & better-built car that's also the sedan bodyshape which people seem to prefer as well as having the Holden badge which is preferred by about 80% of it's target-market (ie. over anything with a Ford badge)?
    You reckon a 300+kw 1500kg coupe will be slower than a 270kw 1750kg sedan?
    The current Mustang GT already runs high 12s and laps a race track as quick as an M3, and thats with a pogo stick under its bum.

Unregistered User Permit Roadsailing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CussCuss View Post
    It will be similar to the 86 if they bring it in at 50k, its got no direct competition and will have no inderect family competition ( ford v8) in a few years.
    One would hope the camaro makes it's way here if the mustang does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadsailing View Post
    One would hope the camaro makes it's way here if the mustang does well.
    This is said to also be arriving in OZ.
    Theres no way GM could not bring it.
    GURU ENGINEERING PTY LTD

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Chrysler bringing in the Challenger Too!! Please!
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Clowns are paying $100k plus to privately import the current model so demand will be there at half the price. Poor pricks will be spewing though as the current crop of cars will be worthless overnight.

Unregistered User Permit Roadsailing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rona View Post
    Clowns are paying $100k plus to privately import the current model so demand will be there at half the price. Poor pricks will be spewing though as the current crop of cars will be worthless overnight.
    They would be anyway, who'd want a live axle when they can get the new hotness?

Quote Originally Posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    Chrysler bringing in the Challenger Too!! Please!
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Yeah but if you paid $50k and its now worth $30k it'd just be like meh shit happens. When you are down $70k its a different story.

At the end of the day not everyone wants irs and that will have little bearing on why they just lost 60% in one to two years of owning a car.
    Last edited by Rona; 04-11-13 at 05:35 PM.

IRS may be a symptom more than a cure; Ford decided to make it not handle like shit on non-racetracks, and IRS is more proof of that decision than a solution to the fact that the old model would bounce off the Old Pac and be in a ravine not far from Pie In The Sky?

Most people buying mustangs here don't exactly drive them hard. They are either young cash up retards buying them for some weird status symbol or an old dude living out his mid life crisis. Neither of these people are at risk of punting too hard on the old pac.
    If in doubt power out

No, but reviews & general enthusiam sells cars ... you can't tell me that the FT86/BRZ order-books would be as full if people with an arse attuned to all the things they're good at hadn't raved about them. Same goes for a Rustang; if they sell something that's not just a traffic-light-drags hero, it might get a lot less "meh" from such people, and it might appeal to more than the infirm & stupid?

you are monumentally out of touch with everything forg, just want to put that out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Yoda
    I <3 Hamster

Autoerotic Mummification TonyJZX's Avatar
    i also think that the enthusiast will know the difference btw, a current live axle mustang and a gt500 and the new weaksauce IRS 4 cyl. and n/a v8 new mustang

obviously a gt500 sells itself

its a bit more murky with a current v8 mustang vs. the new 2015 v8 mustang but i think there will be some who will pay for a 'real' live axle mustang over this new fangled euro shit
    Quote Originally Posted by boxxx

Deutsche Bahn Rail: Trains are a great way to get lots of people concentrated into a small area, like a camp.
    ACA/TT: Where's the line between a car enthusiast and hoon? There is none

Looking forward to becoming a redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by BoganDAVE View Post
    you are monumentally out of touch with everything forg, just want to put that out there.
    Yeah that'll be why Toyota are struggling to sell 86's, eh.

on what planet are mustang buyers and 86 buyers in the same target market.

p.s. I was speaking universally, not just this thread. I didn't want you to go through life without you knowing and not being able to embark on a journey of self improvement.
    I <3 Hamster

I probably would have bought a Mustang over my 86 if it were an option for not too much more.

Would trade on a Challenger in 2016 as well!

so not in market, because will be 20k more
    I <3 Hamster

Quote Originally Posted by BoganDAVE View Post
    on what planet are mustang buyers and 86 buyers in the same target market.
    We were talking about what sells, what causes sales.
    Complete shitbox can't sell without a lot of work selling shittyness as an asset (eg. 4WD's) ... no manufacturer has yet convinced anyone that crap handling is the be-all & end-all, if they had 300C SRT8's would've sold-up a storm.

p.s. I was speaking universally, not just this thread. I didn't want you to go through life without you knowing and not being able to embark on a journey of self improvement.
    Ah yes, the safe home for the ignorant ... "what I don't understand can't be true" ... congrats.

At $50k they'll sell the shit out of them, no doubt

Its a blown V8, smaller than a Monaro.. And there will be no more Falcon / FPV

Monaros were too fucken big and heavy.. And its series 2 was way uglier..
    Last edited by yohoes; 04-11-13 at 08:16 PM.

$50k will be the NA 5L not the blown one.
    Last edited by Rona; 04-11-13 at 08:24 PM.
    If in doubt power out

I almost echo previous poster's thoughts on buying V8, manual, RWD new car at that price range.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747

Did the 50k figure originate from the Wheels mag article or elsewhere? Keyword, hope. Falcon production officially ending in 10/2016? What about FPV based Falcons? Maybe it gets slashed after initial release depending on how active sales are?

FPV wont last past the 2014 Falcon update (if the Falcon lasts that long)
    Ford dont have any money to update the bodykits or interior of the GT/GTP.

However , word is there is still money to be made with a V8 Falcon.
    So theres a possibility the XR8 and XR8 Sprint nameplate will be revived.
    The XR8 getting the 315kw engine, and the XR8 Sprint getting the 335kw engine.

If an XR8 Sprint is priced around $50-55k that would be a fucking bargain and a half.
    Last edited by Sturmovik; 04-11-13 at 09:05 PM.

Isn't the GS already priced at that and they barely sell? I see more GTs on the road then them.
    If in doubt power out

At FH launch:
    GS sedan will be rebadged XR8.
    GS ute will be rebadged XR8 ute.
    GT, GTP and F6 dropped.

No marketing, at all.. No one knows how good they are / can be modified into

Plus its just another Falcon.. This gets badge cred

Hopefully this does force a Camaro here @ reasonable money