Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New circuit for Adelaide (Tailem Bend)

Well, Tailem Bend is definitely leaping forward... 12 of 36 pit Garages are nearly completed. Each Garage is 6 metres wide X 12metres deep.
    11 km of concrete Track Safety walling starts this month...lets hope they install it the correct way... vertical face to the track.
    The track elevation changes using "Cut & Fill".

& lastly ,for $39 +postage you can become a guest to do a lap on Opening Day [ even get a numbered 50mm Diam medallion /key ring

Memberships fees will apply to use "most "of the facilities.

Suzuki Mighty Boy / BEC Rear Mid mount Suzuki 1150cc 450kg Hillclimber [in the build]

The track is done - a video was posted (behind a stupid paywall that I can't get around anymore) and it looks pretty epic. I'll edit this with a link once I find one that works.

^^^^ This is Epic. Build it and they will come. I will definitely be planning a trip from the west to give it a run. I don't wanna hear any complaints from you SA guys that its too far away

Vid embedded in this news story.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...78cfe35046c98a

Yep it's definitely shaping up to be everything they said it'd be. Good on them....I hope it does attract everything we're all hoping for and doesn't end up like a Miller Motorsport park.

Typical Australian circuit, build the circuit and pit complex and fuck the paying spectators, they don't need any facilities at all because they never get sun burnt, or wet or cold or even want to eat while sitting down at a table.

I dunno. If I was building a circuit, I would probably start with.....the circuit... Then the pits.... Then consider other infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    Typical Australian circuit, build the circuit and pit complex and fuck the paying spectators, they don't need any facilities at all because they never get sun burnt, or wet or cold or even want to eat while sitting down at a table.
    Its not finished yet champ.
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Daily: Honda Civic EK1 Hatch

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

I've booked accommodation for the SA State Round on 9th and 10th of June. Should be a blast ............

Quote Originally Posted by Grungle View Post
    The track is done - a video was posted (behind a stupid paywall that I can't get around anymore) and it looks pretty epic. I'll edit this with a link once I find one that works.
    Here's the article. If link doesn't work, just search the title from Google and you can get access:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...78cfe35046c98a

Interesting in the comments re: F1 and Melbourne. Wonder if it's BS or if this guy really knows something.

EDIT:

link doesn't work. Try this then click on the article:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=w...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Last edited by ButtaS15; 13-01-18 at 08:47 AM.
    Daily - VF SV6. Former daily, now with more up on blocks - S15 200SX. Weekends - 149 EH Holden Special. Project - EH Premier. More schizo than ever!

Wow, it's long! Now if only someone could replicate this in NSW

Congrats to all involved in getting this project going! Awesome job!

Will be interesting to see what international events they can attract in the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    I dunno. If I was building a circuit, I would probably start with.....the circuit... Then the pits.... Then consider other infrastructure.
    If the paying spectators were given some decent facilities they might even turn up in bigger numbers. it is a pet whinge of mine and I can't see why it is not done. I tried to buy a kart circuit a long time ago to do just that as it had the potential to justify the expense but in spite of it eventually going broke the owner would not sell. Building a facility that expects to get paying customers both fans and competitiors to keep the gates open and not looking after them seems arse backward to me, after all they are the cash flow.

So i booked a hotel for S.A time attack. so i guess i will go and see this track in person, hopefully it is like they say it is
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

If the paying spectators were given some decent facilities they might even turn up in bigger numbers. it is a pet whinge of mine and I can't see why it is not done. I tried to buy a kart circuit a long time ago to do just that as it had the potential to justify the expense but in spite of it eventually going broke the owner would not sell. Building a facility that expects to get paying customers both fans and competitiors to keep the gates open and not looking after them seems arse backward to me, after all they are the cash flow.
    Yeah, being more of a competitor than a spectator, I guess I have a biased view as to what is most important. But you make a really good point, no doubt, if its a nicer place to be, more people are going to come to watch the show which surely makes any event and venue more viable if the ticket sales are high.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    Did lol
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

No point building facilities for spectators because no-one goes to the racing.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Was just checking out houses there to buy so I can stay in my own place haha
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Second longest permanent racetrack in the world!

Looks great. Any idea of events there this year? Their calendar only lists the Supercars, Shannons Nats and a bike event.

Probably lucky you didn't buy the kart track, how many people pay to watch karts? 0,regardless of how nice the facilities are.

Eastern Creek has amazing facilities and they get a handful of spectators. Wsid has some incredible stands with a couple thousand people in them. Motorsport is dead in the water in terms of spectators.
    Retard Honour Wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Rob Sloth Young did i ask for your opinion? no. i only want it for a paddock bomb. go play with traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    you stupid fucken imbicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    your are a fucken idiot of the highest level.

would it of been too much to ask for some elevation change

If you want to get spectators to motorsport events in 'straya (excluding speedway), put on a concert! Simples

GURU ENGINEERING PTY LTD

The money will be in fia training and licensing (read something about a fifo thing for rich guys to get ready for nurburg etc), plus all the other add ons like moto x, 4wd, drift etc etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Daily: Honda Civic EK1 Hatch

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Looking good. Wonder what they plan to do for landscaping. Can't imagine grass having much of a chance if the rest of Tailem Bend is anything to go by.......without a shit ton of water anyway.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/02/23...erhead-vision/
    Daily - VF SV6. Former daily, now with more up on blocks - S15 200SX. Weekends - 149 EH Holden Special. Project - EH Premier. More schizo than ever!

Looks amazing.

Probably piles of limestone and some stunted, half-dead mallee trees for landscaping. Unless they can get a permit for shit-tins of river water.

The Australian Scout Jamboree is going to be on the site in Jan 2019.
    Yes we Chemistry

lantana is the answer. Grows anywhere and makes a great natural catch fence to boot, if Mt Nebo is anything to go by. I'm surprised Tetly hasn't already crash tested it for QR...

Track looks great but. It will take a few laps to learn that one!
    Last edited by hrd; 01-03-18 at 08:41 AM.

Just for an update the ASBK testing is underway and Troy Herfoss posted the fastest lap with a 1:55.9. Definitely quite a long circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter UC View Post
    Just for an update the ASBK testing is underway and Troy Herfoss posted the fastest lap with a 1:55.9. Definitely quite a long circuit.
    Pretty committed for a brand new track with no rubber on it!

Also:

sexy fingers
    Glenn Allerton just went 1:54.630 in the last test session.

got a couple mates over there at the minute as expected the tyres are getting destroyed and very slippery when not on the perfect line. but otherwise rave reviews.
    GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
    VF2 Redline Ute
    E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

I cannot wait to have a blast around here at SA Time Attack
    www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code