Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New race tracks in Oz?

New race tracks in Oz?

So I know of Ringwood, Luddenham and Casar park, all in NSW. Are there any builds or proposals for new tracks in other states that we know of?

*edit* damn caffieneless title typing fingers...
    Last edited by Jim; 04-12-13 at 08:57 AM. Reason: arrrghhhh
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

There is supposed to be something on the cards for one in Wagga but I haven't heard much on it for a while

I'm quite interested in the possibility of these new tracks, how close are any of them to becoming a reality though? I think Luddenham is the one closest to actually being started?

Last I heard both Ringwood and Casar have been approved by the councils (Wyong enthusiastically, Port Stephens reluctantly) and are in the final engineering planning phases. I guess as long as the hippies don't get involved they will both go ahead.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Cool, just got sick of all the "We're building a new track in NSW!" stuff that never went anywhere over the last ten years or so. Hopefully we get to see them before we're too old.

Speedway coming in the central west of NSW with a bit of luck.

Smile

[QUOTE=Jim;841928556]So I know of Ringwood, Luddenham and Casar park, all in NSW. Are there any builds or proposals for new tracks in other states that we know of?

Ringwood seems very likely to happen.

Cassar Park less so.
    Wagga seems to have gone off the boil.

Best one of all is some proper money has bought the old itsabitshiti test track at Talem Bend outside of Adelaide and will be pouring serious money to make a Philip Island type race track. You can bet this will get the green light quickly.

I was at Wakefield Park last weekend, some dudes from a Wagga motorcycle club were asking everyone if they would travel to Wagga 'for a similar type of event on a track there' (was a burnout/drifting event). According to them there is a fair bit of money behind it and the guy behind it wants all sorts of stuff there.
    PSN: Chewable_Mossman

Nice! Got any links for Wagga or Talem Bend?

I can find too much on the Wagga one, its called Riverina Motorsport Complex if you want to get your google on

Talem Bend seems to be a no go
    http://www.tailembendmotorsport.com/
    Also it looks like Riverina has ground to a halt.
    http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/st...have-hit-wall/

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Also it looks like Riverina has ground to a halt.
    http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/st...have-hit-wall/
    Gee why doesn't that surprise me

The article is a year old but it's the latest I could find

I think you'll find Talem bend is a goer. That article talks about the lease expiring, it states nothing about the future.

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...Tailem-Bend%29

"As many people now know on 30th November our lease expired, and the Coorong Council is in the process of selling the property to Peregrine Corporation (owners of On The Run chain of service stations and other businesses)."

Does Peregrine have any links or inkling to develop it into a motorsport site?

All I am aware of is the owner is a car enthusiast, track gtr, mp4-c etc

Quote Originally Posted by Nafe View Post
    "As many people now know on 30th November our lease expired, and the Coorong Council is in the process of selling the property to Peregrine Corporation (owners of On The Run chain of service stations and other businesses)."

Does Peregrine have any links or inkling to develop it into a motorsport site?
    The answer is yes apparently.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/19731...torsport-park/

Curious to see if they have their own plans for development or if they'll follow the plan put forward by the previous lease holders (which can be seen on the current Tailem Bend Motorsport Park website).

http://www.tailembendmotorsport.com/...-june-2013.pdf
    Daily - VF SV6. Former daily, now with more up on blocks - S15 200SX. Weekends - 149 EH Holden Special. Project - EH Premier. More schizo than ever!

They are known in Adelaide to get stuff done as they have the cash and business knowledge.

townsville are trying to get a permanent track
    '01 RS125
    '01 CR500
    '07 CR125
    '70 Mk2 Cortina
    '12 Transit
    Clubman go kart

There was plans to build a motorsport park near bendigo a few years ago. Our shit arsed council knocked that on the head quick smart. Fuckin cunts

Quote Originally Posted by buket of water View Post
    townsville are trying to get a permanent track
    Heard about that from a bloke who is involved, been going on for years. The usual opposition from self interest and mates in the council, this country seems to be full of selfish pricks to who the dollar is everything. Community facilities only when it suit them.
    Last edited by 260BC; 05-12-13 at 06:42 AM.
    Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
    ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
    ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by ButtaS15 View Post
    The answer is yes apparently.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/19731...torsport-park/

Curious to see if they have their own plans for development or if they'll follow the plan put forward by the previous lease holders (which can be seen on the current Tailem Bend Motorsport Park website).

http://www.tailembendmotorsport.com/...-june-2013.pdf
    That's good news for the South Aussies then! As much as I enjoy Mallala, it would be cool to have more than one track available.

Some 2 years back, when Newman was in opposition, in Queensland, some of the committee members of the Historic Racing Car Club of Qld ( approx 600 members) had discussions with the Qld Polce, the then Opposition In govmint, about setting up a driver training complex, and motorsport facility, on State land at Pinkenba
    The Police had/have $5 million to put in, the HRCC has funds they could put in, along with a number of it's club members, on a joint equity basis , and Newman's opposition government were keen to support the youth driver training aspect.
    The police want it Monday to Friday, and HRCC run it on weekends.
    When the HRCC ran the recent Mt Cootha hillclimb, for two years, Newnam was very much in favour of some sort of arrangement.

Jump forward some two years, it has been put on the backburner.
    Will it be revisited, yes, when, not sure?

And no, Lakeside, due to it's physical layout and constraints, was totally disregarded by the Police, as unsuitable, no surprise.

Jump back about 8-10 years, HRCC were in advanced talks with a landowner, just East of Kilcoy, had full track and site plans drawn up, surveys done, had approvals from Qld Gov EPA, but the landowner was gotten too, by a Sydney legal firm, on the basis of WIIFM.( Whats In It For Me) as the land was deemed far too valuable to be teid up in a many decades long lease as a motor sport complex.

At least the HRCC is trying!
    Anyone got around 400 acres within around 80-100 kilometres from Brisbane CBD, they'd like to let us use for a few years??
    if you get this far after reading the above, good on you!
    If i make spelling mistakes, syntax errors, or just mss letters in words, it is because i am lw vision/vision impaired.
    Dont drive or race no more. Bit of a cunt of a thing.
    I cant see what keys my fingers hit when i type.
    Its called Cone and Rod Dystrophy, un fixable, i get worse, its a hereditary cunt f a thing.

Last edited by chartreusehj; 05-12-13 at 09:06 AM.

not sure if it counts as a racetrack but:

Work is expected to begin soon on the $30 million Cardinia Motor Recreation and Education Park, with the facility to open in January 2016. The complex is expected to be similar to the Sydney Motor Sport Park at Eastern Creek.

Melbourne's new motor park will be 60 kilometres from the city in Pakenham, and will be used by car, motorcycle and go-kart clubs, and as a driver education centre. It is a joint venture between Cardinia Shire Council and Drew Price Engineering. The council, police and the Transport Accident Commission hope the new facility will help reduce hoon driving and the deaths of young motorists.

The motor park has been eight years in the planning and is expected to include a main circuit of about three kilometres for cars and motorcycles. It also is expected to include multiple go-kart circuits, a skid pan, motocross and quad-bike circuit, and a motorkhana, autocross and buggy circuit.
    Tempted to build a cheap shitbox and park it at my parents house which is 10 or so minutes from the proposed site.
    Last edited by chartreusehj; 05-12-13 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenhj View Post
    not sure if it counts as a racetrack but:

Work is expected to begin soon on the $30 million Cardinia Motor Recreation and Education Park, with the facility to open in January 2016. The complex is expected to be similar to the Sydney Motor Sport Park at Eastern Creek.

Melbourne's new motor park will be 60 kilometres from the city on McGregor Road, Pakenham, and will be used by car, motorcycle and go-kart clubs, and as a driver education centre. It is a joint venture between Cardinia Shire Council and Drew Price Engineering. The council, police and the Transport Accident Commission hope the new facility will help reduce hoon driving and the deaths of young motorists.

The motor park has been eight years in the planning and is expected to include a main circuit of about three kilometres for cars and motorcycles. It also is expected to include multiple go-kart circuits, a skid pan, motocross and quad-bike circuit, and a motorkhana, autocross and buggy circuit.
    Sounds like it may be more along the lines of Marulan Driver Training Centre. Nice little circuit, but not for racing, no infrastructure for it, no proper runoffs etc. But would be fine for Advanced Driver Training courses and the like. We need more of that shit too, where roadgoing cars won't create a noise pollution issue for the NIMBYs

Drew Price Engineering is purely Go-Kart based, other use categories do not include cars on bitumen, sounds like a lesser version of Marulan, which is only one car at a time, but a very good kart track, shame the neighbours are too close.

The Cardinia proposal needs more CAMS, Car club, and Police input, and State Gov Education and Transport Dept, assistance, funding and input.
    If i make spelling mistakes, syntax errors, or just mss letters in words, it is because i am lw vision/vision impaired.
    Its called Cone and Rod Dystrophy, un fixable, i get worse, its a hereditary cunt f a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dat2kman View Post
    Some 2 years back, when Newman was in opposition, in Queensland, some of the committee members of the Historic Racing Car Club of Qld ( approx 600 members) had discussions with the Qld Polce, the then Opposition In govmint, about setting up a driver training complex, and motorsport facility, on State land at Pinkenba
    The Police had/have $5 million to put in, the HRCC has funds they could put in, along with a number of it's club members, on a joint equity basis , and Newman's opposition government were keen to support the youth driver training aspect.
    The police want it Monday to Friday, and HRCC run it on weekends.
    When the HRCC ran the recent Mt Cootha hillclimb, for two years, Newnam was very much in favour of some sort of arrangement.

Jump forward some two years, it has been put on the backburner.
    Will it be revisited, yes, when, not sure?

And no, Lakeside, due to it's physical layout and constraints, was totally disregarded by the Police, as unsuitable, no surprise.
    Strange considering the QLD police had just opened their own $12M driver taining facility at Wacol at the end of 2010. http://www.qt.com.au/news/police-hit...cility/689943/
    Why would they be talking about spending another $5M on another facility with HRCC immediately after that? HRCC should have just got their permission to use that existing facility on weekends - looks like a fun piece of road, although the lack of run-off on that back straight would give CAMS kittens, in this direction anyway.

You're a member of HRCC?
    No!
    Thought not!
    The funding in question, was for youth driver training, they had/have at the time, some $5m allocated.
    The Wacol facility is purely for Police service use, unless they make future plans to run Driver Ed there, doubtfull, as the complex is rather hard to get in to.

Good move holding talks with the party in opposition too. HRCC really know how to get shit done.