Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New race tracks in Oz?

Trendsetter is awesome cheapracer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hrd View Post
    Good move holding talks with the party in opposition too. HRCC really know how to get shit done.
    Don't understand why you would bag out people who are trying?

Quote Originally Posted by cheapracer View Post
    Don't understand why you would bag out people who are trying?
    Because it makes people who don't do shit feel better?

They're all talk mate. They've been talking about it for the 15 years that I've known them. Most of it is just BS. Like QPS putting up $5M for a youth driver training facility - it simply isn't part of their portfolio and the state's fkn broke.

Yep, just like their self appointed PF spokesman, all talk and spend someone elses dollar.
    Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
    ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
    ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Doesn't make sense to me. When have the cops got multi millions lying around needing to be spent? They're always crying poor and underpaid. (Don't disagree in some cases.) That video looks like a poor mans Mt Cotton. Certainly not new. What was it originally made for as there seems to be no reason for it to be there?

Of course the bottom line is that the Federal Govt should be building proper complexes in every state and taking responsibility for changing the whole system of driver education (redundant term in OZ) and mandating serious levels of training for all on the roads.
    Will it happen...never. Why teach the public how to handle a motor vehicle when you can just raise capital by fining the fuck out of them. Who cares about a measly few hundred deaths yearly and constant traffic jams. Cunts!

Hasn't there been talk for at least a decade about a track between the Gold Coast and Brisbane in the cane fields? I seem to remember talk again recently about it. That would be an ideal location if the NIMBYS can STFU about it.

Darlington Park is now an industrial estate and if Norwell can't even get Top Gear then it's unlikely to get anything either. Remember, every time we start our hoon boxes we're killing babies!

Also, a lot of that cane land around Ormeau, Pimpama & Coomera is being turned into brick venerials.
    Last edited by Nitephyre; 05-12-13 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dat2kman View Post
    Anyone got around 400 acres within around 80-100 kilometres from Brisbane CBD, they'd like to let us use for a few years??
    Try somewhere around here.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=se...ed=0CAoQ_AUoAg

I've heard rumblings about something happening somewhere down here and that council were open to it. The president of my CAMS club is a Lockyer Valley Councillor. Give it 10 years and someone might put forward a proposal that gets shot down.

Norwell has had noise restrictions imposed which makes it impractical to use for motorsport any more.
    Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
    ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
    ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

I understand that initial earthworks are starting for the new Ringwood circuit on Monday
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Nobody gives a fuck about that time John D. Rockerfeller flew over your house dropping silver dollars while you were washing your Walking Bird, or that time you walked to Lakeside with a Triumph tied to your fucking belt, you fucking hypertard.

keep hearing about a 1/4 mile getting built around moe in gippsland. heard it from 3 different people, one from cams.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    keep hearing about a 1/4 mile getting built around moe in gippsland. heard it from 3 different people, one from cams.
    CAMS is to drags what Mcdonalds is to hungry jacks....opposition for motorsport dollars in this case
    E36 M3 12.92 @ 108.64mph, N/A 3.0L

Quote Originally Posted by Nitephyre View Post
    Darlington Park is now an industrial estate and if Norwell can't even get Top Gear then it's unlikely to get anything either. Remember, every time we start our hoon boxes we're killing babies!

Also, a lot of that cane land around Ormeau, Pimpama & Coomera is being turned into brick venerials.

It was really unfortunate that Darlington never did more than a few moto track days. To be fair, it's in the middle of an estate..

I believe the venue mentioned in the post you were replying to is on the other side of the highway though. This was being pitched to take the f1 out of Melbourne. They were talking about top,tier safety standards, multiple layouts, even 5 star hotels.

I thought it had died completely but found this from last year when googling a link for you: http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/01/12/...on-gold-coast/

Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by ahabthearab View Post
    I understand that initial earthworks are starting for the new Ringwood circuit on Monday
    This is correct, spoke to the track manager last Thursday. He said he'd be disappointed if we wern't using it by the end of the year. Fingers crossed

Registered tax offender SuperDave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_GC View Post
    I believe the venue mentioned in the post you were replying to is on the other side of the highway though. This was being pitched to take the f1 out of Melbourne. They were talking about top,tier safety standards, multiple layouts, even 5 star hotels.

I thought it had died completely but found this from last year when googling a link for you: http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/01/12/...on-gold-coast/

Fingers crossed
    Vapourware.
    My car
    Corolla
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher View Post
    I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

New race tracks in Oz?

Quote Originally Posted by chartreusehj View Post
    not sure if it counts as a racetrack but:

Tempted to build a cheap shitbox and park it at my parents house which is 10 or so minutes from the proposed site.
    Today's paper has an EOI for a developer to get onboard on the Cardinia/pakenham facility

64 hectares for "motorsports"
    13 hectares for karting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mini_Me; 02-09-17 at 08:21 AM.