Page 417 of 420 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420 LastLast
Results 12,481 to 12,510 of 12587

Thread: F1 Shit Talk Thread -

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    If you know, you know

#moneytron
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

The Rich Energy internal battle is comical to watch.

Meanwhile, what is happening at Renault? Cyril previously mentioned there will be updates this weekend, next minute they are just playing with set up. No new parts:
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...stone/4493080/

Sounds like they really want to get to the bottom of this as it will affect development direction. Or there upgrade parts aren't ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

F1 Shit Talk Thread -

All the Renault radio clips from P1 & P2 seemed to be feedback about the “feel” of car. Then Dan stopped

If they can work it out it’ll be a lot better for team morale than the position Williams is in where there’s not much hope. Although someone’s got to be slowest every year.
    Last edited by Aaron; 13-07-19 at 07:58 AM.
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Although someone’s got to be slowest every year.
    yeah, but there's slow, and there's rolling road block to be lapped 5 times by every one else.
    GT-P
    Bandsenkowagon

#teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

yeh i just watched that. im liking lewis more and more these days.
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

Quote Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
    The Whyte bikes rendering a couple of comments down looks fucking awesome. They should run that purely to troll Rich Energy

Rich Energy just continues to deliver - https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...39445289734144

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi EK4 View Post
    Rich Energy just continues to deliver - https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...39445289734144
    Nice. Pretty obvious that the Rich Energy crowd don’t understand contracts as well as the Haas organisation does, or for that matter normal people.

Amazing how little money is at play for basically a solid portion of the cars appearance.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

Amazing how little money is at play for basically a solid portion of the cars appearance.
    What is the amount?

Quote Originally Posted by lukevl View Post
    What is the amount?
    35 million pounds to the end of the 2021 season including the remainder of this year.

Sure that could just be the penalty for breaking the contract but it reads like it’s a fixed payment schedule of annual amounts that become due on early termination.
    ---

---

Thanks for that. Agree it looks like the contract amount- except for year 2022 which they don't explain- guessing the damages clause was something along the lines of 'remainder of the year and 2 years after that' or some such. It sounds very clear cut contractually

PS - did Gasly finally find Jos' boost rag?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi EK4 View Post
    The comments are gold. I had to read the tweet multiple times and the re-read the letter to understand what the fuck Rich Energy is on about and it still made no sense. Why would you post a letter from the opposition's lawyers basically saying everything you're saying is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by GSRman View Post
    PS - did Gasly finally find Jos' boost rag?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Certainly looks like it.

Austria and yesterday might be the turning point.

Something must have just "clicked" for him in the car and now hopefully he has his head around the car now and can be up there annoying Max until jos fits another boost rag.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

F1 Shit Talk Thread -

Poor frank isn’t looking well but great to see him in a car and truely enjoying it. Even asking how the brakes are several times through the two laps. Great video

http://youtu.be/kSoQtwbpcGU
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman Don View Post
    Poor frank isn’t looking well but great to see him in a car and truely enjoying it. Even asking how the brakes are several times through the two laps. Great video

http://youtu.be/kSoQtwbpcGU
    Oldest living tetraplegic too... says a lot about him and his determination and drive....
    /csh Racing

Quote Originally Posted by PXL265 View Post
    Certainly looks like it.

Austria and yesterday might be the turning point.

Something must have just "clicked" for him in the car and now hopefully he has his head around the car now and can be up there annoying Max until jos fits another boost rag.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
    Austria was woeful - he got lapped!

But much better this weekend.
    #teamtremolo

#teamtremolo

So has it reached the point where Haas will shitcan one or both of their drivers?

Hope so.
    #teamtremolo

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09791667

what a clusterfuck

Here's a rough idea of what happened.

Will Storey has realised the jig is up, and has gone to a really, really shady company called The BDG Group. They bill themselves as 'unlicensed insolvency practitioners'. The idea is that licensed insolvency practitioners have a fiduciary duty to a company's creditors, whereas these spivs don't.

So Storey sells out to these guys (more likely he either gives them the company or pays them some sort of fee), and they get their own man in, and then they basically take care of winding up the company and selling up the assets while, as far as they are able to, sticking two fingers up to the people that Rich Energy owes money to. Diverting assets back to Storey, as well as diverting legal hassle away from him, would be a bonus. Changing the name is part of the plan, since obviously 'Rich Energy' is a hyper-toxic name nowadays. They want at least some lead time before people recoil at the name of 'Lightning Volt'

The evidence of this is that whichever admin clerk filed the first change of address paperwork fucked up and used 'The BDG group' as the first line of the address, before removing it, so things didn't look quite so bad.

From the BDG Group website:

We can help you avoid Insolvency proceedings, claims or prosecution for Insolvency Offences.

Shady fuckers. Thankfully Storey is personally a defendant in the Whyte Bikes case, so hopefully he won't just come out of this mess he created squeaky clean. Still, bankruptcy is just a slap on the wrist compared to the damage he caused.

No idea how UK corporate law works, but I hope there is recourse for Haas and the other shareholders to go after Storey.

Looks like they can even help him weasel his way out of the personal guarantee that he gave Haas.

Looking at the other companies that "Matthew Bruce Kell" is a director of, all of them had their name changed to something generic when he was assigned as director. Looks like this is standard procedure for the BDG Group when they take on a client and likely means that Rich Energy will not be coming back as "Lightning Volt". It's just a placeholder name to get the "dirty" name out of the spotlight until they wind up the company.

Some more information about BDG Group. BDG stands for Business Debt Gone, and the CEO is some dude called Kevin Morris who styles himself as "Captain".

Some more digging reveals that BDG once operated under the lovely and not at all shady name of "Dumpyourbustbusiness.com".

According to BDG's website, they acquire a company for a nominal £1. Although there's also an additional "Acquisition Handling Fee" for them to buy the company, which is probably several thousand pounds although the actual fee is not mentioned on their website.

The other thing to point out is that this doesn't change the position in the Whyte Bikes litigation. Storey remains personally and jointly liable under that judgement because he's listed personally as a co-defendant on the claim. So, potentially, he's still under an obligation to pay the 35k in legal costs and any damages that may be awarded in the future.

Nor does it necessarily affect the case that may or may not be heard on Thursday.
    from reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co..._to_lightning/

Oo___oO

/csh Racing

Latest Autosport plus

Charles Leclerc again put Ferrari team-mate Sebastian Vettel to shame during the British Grand Prix weekend at Silverstone. Leclerc was faster all weekend, and it was Vettel that made a big error and drop-kicked Max Verstappen into the gravel while trying to reclaim third place.

The catalogue of Vettel mistakes is getting longer and longer and this was just another that simply didn't need to happen. He must address this immediately, otherwise even the hope of finishing third in the drivers' championship will be long gone given Verstappen is 13 points ahead of Vettel, and Leclerc is just three points further back.

Over the past season's worth of races, stretching back to Germany 2018, we've seen so many mistakes. At Hockenheim, he locked up and crashed while leading; at Monza, he spun after clashing with Lewis Hamilton; at Austin, he spun battling with Daniel Ricciardo; at Suzuka he clashed with Verstappen; in Bahrain this year he spun again battling with Hamilton and in Canada he went off the track and earned a penalty for the way he rejoined. He's going at a rate of one big in-race error every three races.

Watching from the BRDC suite at Brooklands on both Friday and Saturday, you could see Leclerc was hustling the car. When he was coming off the brakes and getting on the throttle he was on it hard, but Vettel was on more of an afternoon cruise.

He said he wasn't happy with the feeling from the car but what I saw was someone that wasn't putting it on the line anywhere near as much as the other frontrunners - Hamilton, Valtteri Bottas, Leclerc or Vestappen.

If anything, the Ferrari would break into understeer, which some drivers like and can cope with, but I don't think Vettel has ever been one of those. In the old days of exhaust-blown diffusers, he was the master. On corner entry the rear was always on the move but he knew that when he planted the throttle the rear would grip, so he had the front end for corner entry and the rear for corner exit. The balance switch was the throttle, which he controlled.

The drivers' championship domination of 2010-13 is a distant memory. Vettel has now been at Ferrari for five seasons, and both parties thought more success would come
    The one season that Red Bull struggled early on to get the exhaust-blown diffuser working was when Mark Webber stepped up to the plate. Either Webber could drive the car without the increased grip from getting the throttle open or he couldn't make use of it when it did work. Either way, for those early races he performed better than Vettel.

It's not like that with these cars and the balance characteristics are basically what you have. As I said a few weeks ago, I believe - and more so now from watching the cars at Silverstone - that the Mercedes makes more use of an aerodynamic balance shift with varying steering lock.

When they apply more lock, the aero load moves forward and increases the front grip. When Ferrari applies more lock, the car just understeers more. More lock is required in slower corners, which is where the rear of the Mercedes is lively, but the Ferrari in Vettel's hands just suffers from understeer.

In an earlier column, I said that I felt the problem lies in the front wing design. Not having a downforce-producing wing section behind the front tyres means that when the Ferrari drivers apply more steering lock and open up that section of wing there is nothing there to create front load. On the Mercedes, it has the wing section outboard and I believe getting the endplate detail to optimise this was one of its biggest improvements post pre-season testing.

Ferrari won't achieve this mechanically. The aero loads way exceed anything it will be able to do by being a bit kinder to the tyre. To do the aerodynamic research to achieve this will take time and, more importantly, because windtunnel run time is limited you need to believe in it to pursue it.

Sometimes, it's just easier to chase that little bit more overall load. Yes, it will probably help, but if the underlying problem is still there then when push comes to shove the same problem will rear its ugly head.

Vettel is without doubt a top class driver but he needs the car to suit him. In 2014, when he was up against Ricciardo in a Red Bull without any form of exhaust-blown diffuser, Ricciardo showed that the up and coming drivers are sometimes able to give what they have a bit more of a fling.

But Vettel doesn't seem to be willing to take it on his own shoulders that he needs to adapt. That said, I also believe Ferrari has a role to play in helping Vettel, improving the car to reduce its understeering characteristics. The only problem is that if the team is successful, Leclerc will also be in line to benefit.

The drivers' championship domination of 2010-13 is a long and distant memory. Vettel has now been at Ferrari for five seasons, and both he and the team thought more success would come their way, but the unfortunate thing is that success is only relative to the competition and they have hit a time when Mercedes is in a rich vein of success. Given it has the chance to break a few more records, I don't see this success waning any time soon.

Looking away from Ferrari, the British Grand Prix proved that Silverstone is one of those classic races that deserves to stay on the calendar. A weekend attendance of 351,000 and a raceday turnout of 141,000 just shows that this is the true home of Formula 1 - and what a race those fans were able to enjoy.

Racing Point is right on the doorstep and with the Haas UK base, Red Bull and Mercedes all just a stone's throw away from the track - and Williams and the rest not much further away - F1 generates a lot of industry and excellence in this part of the UK.

Only Ferrari, Sauber and Toro Rosso have their main bases outside the UK and even then the latter has its aerodynamic base in Bicester. So those three teams need to be careful, as if by some miracle Brexit goes through then by this time next year we might not let them into the country.

Bottas needs to close off these 'opportunities' or lack of 'opportunities' that seem to come his way
    Speaking of governanace, isn't it time that someone in government realises that F1 is such an advertisement for the level of engineering in the UK and that something should be done with it to promote our engineering expertise? A small investment in the British Grand Prix would really take the financial pressure off Silverstone.

Sunday's race was a great advertisement for why the British GP matters. Behind the front two it was an action packed event and the battle for third was what we would all want for the win. But once again, on race day, Mercedes showed its true dominance and my only criticism would be the strategy call for Bottas.

If it is a toss up between one or two stops then you need to make sure that you cover yourself regulation-wise by using two different compounds during the first stop. Bottas and Hamilton both started on the medium tyre, Bottas pitted first and fitted another set of the medium tyres and by doing so declared to the whole pitlane that he was two-stopping.

Yes, Hamilton got the luxury of pitting during the safety-car period (which actually I don't think was necessary and a VSC would have been adequate) but that wasn't what won him the race. By replacing his used medium tyres with the hard tyre he could go to the end, and basically that was job done.

I'm not saying that the team gave, or gives, Hamilton priority, but Bottas needs to close off these 'opportunities' or lack of 'opportunities' that seem to come his way.

As for the rest, we now seem to have a fairly tight battle between Ferrari and Red Bull and it was good to see Pierre Gasly becoming a contender in that battle. He has definitely benefited from going back to basics and just driving what he is given based around Max's set-up.
    #teamtremolo

Oo___oO

Quote Originally Posted by burn is weird View Post
    lol what a complete douchebag

Quote Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
    lol what a complete douchebag
    Surely it’s some computer beard that has been watching and thought that rich didn’t register their new company name domain. It even has a “I want this domain” link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Quote Originally Posted by vet 180 View Post
    Surely it’s some computer beard that has been watching and thought that rich didn’t register their new company name domain. It even has a “I want this domain” link.
    Haha yeah quite possible. The guy's still a douchebag lol!