Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: C6 Corvette Z06 Racer - Finally on track.

Can confirm this thing sounds pretty awesome at full noise ! Great to catch up Chris, enjoy Bathurst mate...
    When you go back out there, i want you to hit the pace car....

# 28 NSW APRA N14.

Quote Originally Posted by 333pg333 View Post
    Was it a straight fit or a lot of mods?
    Straight fit. PPG convert the T56 case and replace the innards fully. The only hassle was the shifter because on the vette it's mounted on the torque tube not the tranny tunnel so we had to dick around with the shift rod and shifter ratio a bit to get it right. It was also the first vette they have fitted one too in Aus so it just needed a few minor things to be sorted.

@Fatboy - was good to catch up mate - your car is looking the goods too so I reckon you will have a ball racing it!
    A slow day at the track is better than any day in the office.

Been a long time since an update, so yep, here's the latest.

Ran on the weekend in Combined Sedans in the B12hr supports. Best lap was a 2:22.1 which was 2.8 secs quicker than last year. Pretty happy again. The car has had another evolution in the past few months - chasing handling. Supashock rebuilt and revalved the coilovers and solid spherical bushings from LG Motorsports were fitted to all suspension arms. The spring rates are crazy high compared to what it was running but wow - what a massive difference. I highly recommend Supashock based on my experience. The car was solid and really stable. Also sorted my brake biasing issues which have plagued me since sticking APs on the rear - I nice soft pad solved it. Finally, the factory rockers have been upgraded with a Straub trunnion kit and I fitted an MSD Atomic intake and 103m Nick Williams throttle body. The intake upgrade was well worth it, gaining a stack of midrange and about 65hp to the top number. Crazy gains. Incredible car.

Congrats on the time mate. That's a second quicker than I got Darren's Viper around there.
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

That's fast. Well done! Nice to know when a lot of the upgrades actually work and are worth the money. Sometimes hard to quantify just how much when you do a few changes in short timeframe but faster is faster!

Thanks guys. I am pretty sure there is a couple more seconds in it too but the conditions on the weekend weren't exactly ideal for lap times given the temps and track conditions when we were on track. Not to mention the 6 months in between driving the car. The suspension changes were significant and funnily enough, the car didn't feel drastically different. The spring rates are more than double what was in it but now the dampers are actually working - which according to supashock previously they were not. Given the change to solid bushes I also expected it to be harsh but it wasn't. We set the car up 15mm higher than before, same alignment and same bar settings. So yep, happy camper.

I've been here for 7 years and obviously haven't spent any time in this subsection of the forum.

What a fucken great car. Feel like I've been living on another planet.
    The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

when all else fails, hit it harder.

Have you taken any in-car videos you could share?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017_B12_SS1_1730.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	98041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017_B12_SS2_0037.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	98042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017_B12_SS2_1604.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	98043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017_B12_SS2_3348.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	98044
    Sadly, the heat crapped out my Gopro - happened to a few of us too so no in car footage. I have never seen heat affect one before but now I know, I will keep it cooler next time. I am spewing because in the first race, we had maybe 5 laps of racing where I pulled some magic moves coming up 25 places. Three wide up mountain straight taking two cars at once with a touch of grass was a pucker moment and grabbing my mate Paul in the red corvette on the last lap on the last corner was also a decent bit a racing. Amazing pics from SpeedShots - Nathan - of course!
    Last edited by CT; 19-02-17 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lickmyleftone View Post
    I've been here for 7 years and obviously haven't spent any time in this subsection of the forum.

What a fucken great car. Feel like I've been living on another planet.
    You and me both!

go pros regularly fail (shut down) with temperature.

We used a go pro in the Daytona in the 12 hour as a rear facing camera for the race. From about midday onwards it kept turning off when it got hot.

had to come into the pits to turn it back on, was very exciting driving in the 12 hour without any rear vision at all.

(this is partially what led to the new MoTeC displays having rear camera display built into them!)

So, yet, Go pros need to be kept cool.

Yep i really don't rate GoPro's, from experience i find the quality quite rubbish. XD Replay cameras i found bloody excellent but the company seems to be stillborn these days, unable to buy their gear or contact them yet they continue to sponsor race categories and update their social media! Mind boggling..

CT bloody well done that is an awesome time, looks like you're really making some good gains with the car now!
    Last edited by Sonicevo; 06-04-17 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Fucking shit iphone typing