Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamaha MT09

Yamaha MT09

So these are the latest feature in all the mags and sound like a rather cracking bike from most accounts. They're not the most beautiful thing around but are different and I like different and I also like wheelies and light bikes with power so this seems like it would fit me well as an update if I move on from my ZX10R.

Went to the local Yamaha cunts near me to throw a leg over and have a ride but they seem very thin on the ground despite already being on sale (basically they haven't all arrived yet).

Curious if any cunt here has happened to see or ride one and their thoughts? Also Imp Forg or Mr Ed should buy my ZX10R and scare themselves so I can think about getting one of these.

I mustard mitt they look good from some angles and shit from others. They do look like they could use shorter forks or drop them through the clamps a bit if it didn't fuck up the handling.

Black on black with the gold forks would be the choice for me and add the aftermarket pipe and single seat cowl too please, and some carbon.

Hide yo' wife!!!

Hahaha, I wont be buying anything else till August, but a ZX10 is on the cards. More likely get another naked though, probably a bit smaller than a 1000.

Was reading about these the other day, seem like quite a good thing but I havent sat on one either.
    Last edited by Mr Ed; 15-01-14 at 03:16 PM.
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Haven't ridden (or seen one in the flesh) but i reckon they look the goods.

Anyone doing any deals on them or is it full retail or fuck off? if it helps - i could prob hook something up through moorooka yamaha...

I reckon it will be disappointing after the 10R - most things will.

It won't be as outright fast in the top end Shifty but I reckon it will be a lot nicer for general tootling around on (not that I tootle much but do it more these days than I used to) Nothing wrong with the 10R just thinking I wouldn't mind something different as I have had this one for prob 4 yrs at least if not a bit more. These are also farking cheap ($10'990+ORC) for what you get without having cut corners.

Ideally I'd walk out and buy a KTM 1290 in a couple of months but don't want to drop $23+k on a bike. I'd be happy to trade mine + cash to get one of these if the trade was right but knowing what they offer I doubt it will be so will have to go through the motions with private sales which will no doubt suck mega balls.

trav - the demand will be there for these so I dare say RRP or go get farked. If I did get one I would most likely wait for some dumb cunt to pay the on roads and pick it up a few months old as there are always new used bikes coming up for sale not long after someone impulse buys one.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Malakia Industries
    I sat on one at Bowen Hills Yamaha a couple weeks back, it felt nice and comfy, on paper specs seem like itll be a good thing. Just couldnt take my eye off that hideous headlight.

Go see Haydn at Bayside Motosports @ Capalaba tell him Brett sent ya. He will look after ya.

Does look tasty. I'd want a carbon undertray to tidy the underside up, and do something about the rear light/numberplate mount. And some bar end mirrors, and yeah the single seat and cowl.
    Jesus this bike thing might get expensive!

Great bike, My dad was umming and arring between this and a Nuda 900R, went with the Husky which is a fucking corker of a bike. I never liked road bikes till I rode this thing, what a blast!

Yeh Nuda's I have looked at over and over as I like them too! I reckon the MT09 will kick the Nuda's arse in a few years time if I wanted to sell and get something else though. They are still trying to shift brand new 18mth+ old Nuda's which doesn't bode well for resale.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

I owned a Nuda 900R (sold it for a Focus ST cos fag) and just recently test rode the MT09 for shits and giggles.

Hard to compare cos there was a decent 9mo gap since my last leg over a bike but the MT09 was plenty fucking rapid and I (100kg) accidentally power wheelied the 1-2 shift without even trying.

Thing seemed to change direction okay. Shock seemed a little soft for my weight but anything except the Ohlins on the Nuda did. Brakes aren't anything special compared to the Brembos on the Nuda either.

MT09 is probably faster point to point than the 900R but the 900R will stop and turn harder.

Fuck I wish I didn't sell mine

Oh, huge black cloud over buying a Nuda now anyway since Husky shit canned them once they were bought out by KTM.

Yeh the fact they stopped them so quick is also not a great incentive. Suspension I have heard is a bit soft out of the box but pretty good if you wind it up most of the way....good enough for anything under 10/10ths riding anyway.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Opens
    No Hypermotard love? Too costly I'm picking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Boothy View Post
    No Hypermotard love? Too costly I'm picking?
    Almost 2x the price of either the MT09 or 900R.

Quote Originally Posted by psssi98 View Post
    Yeh Nuda's I have looked at over and over as I like them too! I reckon the MT09 will kick the Nuda's arse in a few years time if I wanted to sell and get something else though. They are still trying to shift brand new 18mth+ old Nuda's which doesn't bode well for resale.
    He got his brand new with pipe and rizoma mirrors for $12200 on road. Fuckinh bargain.

Yeh good price for an R.

And call me gay but I don't want a bike with a dry clutch. I quite like Hypermotard's but a dry clutch would fucking shit me (and the prices are still up there). Also considered other brand motards like Dorso's etc but to me a bike like that needs to be lighter than your average sportsbike etc and Dorso' etc all seem a bit big and heavy (in looks and weight).
    Hide yo' wife!!!

I had a ride of the mt09 at Sydney city motorcycles Kogarah. They were doing rideaway deals for $11499. At that money the asking prices for 2,3,4 gear old street triples start to look ambitious.

I have only ridden learner bikes so take this with a grain of salt... It felt pretty quick. It had a fair bit of low down torque, enough to help me do my first mono... by accident. As has been written in all the reviews, it's really snatchy although it is definitely manageable, this probably helps it feel torquier.

It sounded pretty good with the stock pipe.

It was nimble and had a feeling of light weight. It was really soft and felt a little flighty on quick changes of direction. Standing up on the pegs and bouncing it a little made it feel like what I imagine a Dakar bike is like. My 2011 cbr250r feels more composed to be honest.

Moral of the story is to definitely buy one, although they may be super cheap second hand if they are discounting already. I can see it making sense as a downgrade from a litrebike if you were willing to sort the suspension.

Whats RRP on them?

RRP is $10'990+ORC so 11.5 is not bad.

In general though I don't pay on road and dealer delivery. Fucking dealer delivery can definitely blow me - as I tell them they had to get the bike's delivered and put together to have on the floor to sell so that's their set up cost not mine. No bikes on floor = no bikes to sell.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Yeah I dont get how dealer delivery is really an ORC.

$11k is pretty decent. Maybe I'll be able to find one for sub-$10k at the end of the year with 500km on it

Yeh I would say by June there will be a few about but most cunts think they can ask for what they paid incl on roads etc. You buy new and decide to sell you are going to lose money, accept it.

There is only one listed anywhere at the moment - NSW, 736km's for $11k ride away. (it's the grey with blue wheels)
    Last edited by piss98; 21-01-14 at 01:02 PM.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Buy one in Canberra during winter, they get cheap because 80% of bikers dont pay rego and just park their bikes up for 4 months.

Too cold and dark and their public service mentality doesnt allow them to deal with such things.

Just wait for the standard "bought this but it's too fast for me" etc etc.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Checked out one of these at Peter Stevens the other day, it has definitely made my short list.

The demo had been dropped but I will book in a test ride asap.

Salesman said he had heard of another two MT09 demo's being written off, one in Geelong and one in the Melbourne city.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Good one Trav thanks.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

i still reckon an MT03 would be more your speed though :P

Eat a dick! They sound good but would be way too slow (and vibey given the engine)...plus they are not awesome enough to get away with their looks.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

I reckon I've found my new bike if nothing else comes on the market before end of financial year. Hopefully by then there's a few 2nd hand or dealers are doing deals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy McSkiddengoober View Post
    This. Guy has obviously committed a hate crime against hetrosexuality riding a scooter and should be stabbed to death with a sharpened cock.
    No. Driving an esky along the footpath will be the end humanity. This must be stopped.
    "Lo!! The son of satan will rideth thine esky, wearing nought but the beater of wives and the double secured half sandle, and he will wave his hands in great mirth ushering in the end of all mankind"

SMAT
    MT-09 has snatchy throttle. Wet mode is easy and smooth, normal mode sucks donkey dick. Race mode is all sorts of fun. Oodles and oodles of torque. Front end is vague. Brakes are adequate. Seat is big and comfy. Dampening is meh not that great but not bad either.

Test rode a Street Triple the week before riding the MT-09. Clearly a much much better built bike, smoother and refined in all aspects. Dampening was sportier and better controlled. Throttle smooth, gearbox way smoother.
    However didn't have the same punch the MT-09 had. Twist that throttle at nearly ANY RPM and giggle like a school girl. Didn't get that with the Street Triple.......

KTM Duke R
    i had a dog once.