Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamaha MT09

Update on this as I have been trying to buy one to no avail.

Been to a few local Yam dealers with the same story - they got like 5 or 6, sold them within a week (have never seen one on the road though!) and that was late last year. Enoggera dealer got one more in Jan that a guy had a deposit on, test rode and then informed them he had lost his job last week and could not buy so one of their sales people bought it. They were apparently meeting with Yamaha this week and I am due to give them a call as they would know when they were getting more but thought this would probably be closed to second half of the year. What a fuck up for a bike they got everyone jizzing about, the press is wanking over and cunts want to buy and they simply didn't make many so they can't keep up!

I did get a very brief ride on one though as the bloke at the Yam dealer was good enough to let me poke around it. Was not a real test ride just a quick whip up the street and back. Engine is super smooth and plenty of grunt although the throttle and revs feel slow when giving it a blip (comparing to my ZX10 here) but prob be a lot better with some free flowing pipes as it feels strangled. Still pulls the front up like a boss though and heaps easier to wheelie than my 10R but I only did a little one.

Still keen but depends on trade in of my bike etc and still weighing up crate engine for Nova or new bike.

Oh I only rode it in race mode also, felt fine to me and not too snatchy but I am used to my bike which requires a steady hand and some respect anyway so was all good.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Call Joes motorcycles in Canberra.

Buy their demo one.

Catch plane to Sydney.

Drive PF AU to Canberra

Buy bike

Ride home.

I'll ride it to Sydney
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Fuck going to Canberra for a demo or getting one of the Canberra crash kings to ride it. Dealer near me called me again the other day and they are trying to get a couple in April, taking my 10R in for a trade quote next week and they reckon they'll hold one giving me first option when they arrive in April but I'm not keen without a test ride first. Otherwise I'll start hunting something nude and v twin, probably used but not a lot of options there.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Chris Watson has one at Cexnock. Could've sworn his was 10.5 ride away.. I doubt it'll last long.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by psssi98 View Post
    Fuck going to Canberra for a demo or getting one of the Canberra crash kings to ride it. Dealer near me called me again the other day and they are trying to get a couple in April, taking my 10R in for a trade quote next week and they reckon they'll hold one giving me first option when they arrive in April but I'm not keen without a test ride first. Otherwise I'll start hunting something nude and v twin, probably used but not a lot of options there.
    There's some cheap as shit Dorsoduro 1200 on bikesales at the moment.

Super Duke R

Quote Originally Posted by gat5rodeo View Post
    Super Duke R
    Double the price....
    will probably take it up the arse

100 times the awesome though

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    I'll ride it to Sydney
    theres a monster S4 at CMC with your name on it

I sat on the MT09 here on the weekend. Didnt like it.

Has quite a wide seat for fat arse cunts was my thought and might make it harder for short cunts but the other thing I noticed was MT09's are fucking low. My current bike isn't super high (and I'm not tall) but the MT09 felt pretty low which prob helps short cunts given the seat is not that narrow.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Its so upright I felt like I was leaning backwards.

Anyone own one yet

Seen my mate yesterday to look at the new Z1000. He has 2 MT09's in stock. As I said earlier see Hayden at Bayside Motosports @ Capalaba.

All pretty easy too change though with bars/jack up kits/rear sets etc.

How's this coming along??? Seen the orange one on here for sale already. Looks awesome in orange. The aftermarket screen is just what they needed too. IMAO they look unfinished without it.

Getting a ride on one of these tomorrow all going well and also get a trade quote on my bike. If they don't have black they can suck my balls. (and the grey/blue option is a maybe).

And if I no like I'll probably try and throw a leg over a KTM Duke 690 as there seem to be a few well priced ones of those about and they sound like my sort of thing as well (something you can easily be a dickhead on but doesn't require 11ty million km/h to have a lot of fun. Small capacity does concern me though (but they also weigh 145kg).
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Getting a ride on one of these tomorrow all going well and also get a trade quote on my bike. If they don't have black they can suck my balls. (and the grey/blue option is a maybe).

And if I no like I'll probably try and throw a leg over a KTM Duke 690 as there seem to be a few well priced ones of those about and they sound like my sort of thing as well (something you can easily be a dickhead on but doesn't require 11ty million km/h to have a lot of fun. Small capacity does concern me though (but they also weigh 145kg).
    Interested in your back to back assessment of the MT-09 and the 690 duke. I'm Planning on riding both when i come off my P's. Also like the look of the Street Triple.

Well I may not ride a KTM yet. My impression would be that unless the KTM really shocks me it will feel totally underpowered and a bit crap after riding a ZX10R for the last 6 years and will feel similarly homo next to an MT09 purely from a power perspective. That said the KTM is 40-50kg's lighter than both but my 10R is 180hp and 180kg's which is kind of a hard act to follow!
    Hide yo' wife!!!

you could be super non homo and get a speed triple

Have you had the test ride yet?

Yep went and rode one this morning. First impression was i didnt rate it but that was just knee jerk as its so different to the feel of my current bike. (I used to own a naked though so its not totally new to me) Quickly got comfy with it once i had adjusted to the throttle feel, brakes etc.

Quick rundown, steers super easy and light and nice light controls all round. Seat is quite wide and flat especially feel it when sitting with both feet on the ground which is really never so no issue there. The bars felt a bit high, makes it steer well and easy to counter steer but would possibly opt for a flatter bar at some point. Despite sounding like a sewing machine the engine pulls nice and hard and clean from down low and from any revs. They seem to get quite hot, we were not riding slow but there was plenty of airflow and it still hit 100 easy, my current bike doesnt see those temps even in heavy traffic. It did only have 30kms on it too so gearshift was clean but a bit stiff and brakes needed more bedding in but still stopped fucking hard, its almost over braked with 4 pot radials but not so much you'd worry about binning it on the brakes unless youare a useless ham fisted cunt.

Flicks side to side super easy and nice to countersteer and really skinny between the knees so you can grip it and really steer with your lower body which suits how i ride as im not a knees out type. Only thing i didnt like cornering wise was ground clearance as i started scraping boots and hero knobs on the pegs after about the third corner. You can lay it over so far, so easy its a bit gay having to feel like you should tuck your feet a bit so you dont overdo the scrape and upset the bike mid corner. If you wee really on it youd have the balls of your feet more on tthe pegs so prob not so bad.

Biggest issue of buying a newie is the offensive trade price n my bike which is immaculate and has lots of goodies and i reckon they would easy get 6500 for but they offere much less. I told them id think about it but also said i reckon he needs to be willing to make less profit on my bike with the aim of selling a new bike but hard to bargain on these as they sell em as quick as they get them. They only had grey with black rims and silver forks. Cant get my preference of black with gold forks. To get a black one theyd have to get one from Perth (where they land in Oz).

Going to leave it til Monday annd call them and talk movement on trade price but also compare to me selling private and see how much difference but its at least a grand. Anyone want a ZX10......think i will put it up private and undercut all others annd if it sells then look at what second handies there are or a new one.

Oh......they wheelie like a fucking boss first or second.
    Last edited by piss98; 12-04-14 at 03:46 PM.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

chuck me a copy of the ZX10 ad and i'll throw it up locally. shipping a bike down here ain't expensive.

Buy the orange one with the gold forks that is on here, paint the tank black and you are sorted.
    www.DRIVENFX.com Performance Engine Building, Auto Electrical (Wiring Looms, ECU Installs, Diganoses and Repair), Custom Automotive Electronics, Car Preparation, Car Setup, Trackside Services,

PM me for more info

MJF has PM.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Hide yo' wife!!!

will probably take it up the arse

Hide yo' wife!!!

Just put a deposit down on one like below - now the pain of waiting 3 weeks. Could have a grey one today but they dont really do it for me as theyre a bit bland.

Hide yo' wife!!!