Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamaha MT09

nice one, blue wheels look trick.

Yeh was a little unsure if they might look a bit dated down the track but they arent too over the top and it seems they are a fair bit rarer (at the moment anyway) than the other colours. The orange i dont really like and had i bought the one off here it would have been painted black and the matte grey is pretty bland. Some nive powerbronze stuff to match it too if i want (eg air intakes and rear hugger with matching blue mesh inserts) but might be a bit ricey. Most likely hit it with some carbon love and black out the forks, clamps and bars (I thought the bars were a touch highbut very comfy but might throw some Renthals with a lower bend on down the track) Am already well on the way with picking out various accesories but gotta get an Akra pipe on it stat!
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Good stuff. Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by psssi98 View Post
    Just put a deposit down on one like below - now the pain of waiting 3 weeks. Could have a grey one today but they dont really do it for me as theyre a bit bland.

11k?

$12k rideaway ($11999 to be exact). Checking out pipes - tossing up between the Akra full system ($1400+) and the M4 carbon slip on as both sound the best to my ears. Akra one is 'spensive but good power and mid range. M4 i like the look of better, a little unsure though as you cant swap the stock one back in at any point as you cut it off at the end of the collector.

Last edited by piss98; 18-04-14 at 11:22 AM.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Stg gave put the m4 on their project bike for '14 (same colour as yours too).
    http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...+Bike+Giveaway
    will probably take it up the arse

If you think the Akro pipe is expensive, have a look at the Daytona and Street Triple versions. Fucken double that price.

OK so doing lots of Googling of exhausts, Akra is good but not the most power and torque, that award goes to the Graves full system which is pretty nice and not bad in terms of price (around a grand or thereabouts). Two Bros does one but I don't like the look or sound and they just seem cheap (they aren't cheap but seem it!). I do like the carbon can etc on the M4 but really it is a bit throw together to suit the bike rather than being exclusively built for it but does make respectable numbers against the other systems and is pretty much the lightest. Really even though this is less capacity than my 10R and won't be as quick at full throttle in a straight line I still won't be as fast as the bike is so the most powerful system is really neither here nor there bar bragging rights and I don't really give a shit about that anymore (or I would have kept the ZX).
    Hide yo' wife!!!

That M4 thing you've got a pic for looks fucking terrible. Looks like they've grabbed a cheapy fake cf can from ebay and taped it on.

Go the Akra. or the Graves. But that M4 thing looks shit.

The Graves....

Last edited by piss98; 21-04-14 at 12:34 PM.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Akrapovic for my money. Always such high quality.

With matching price.

The M4 is the only way you can do a slip on as the exhaust is all one piece/welded.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

As old mate above said... I think $1400 ish is pretty fair for the full system. They charge $3k+ for a full triumph system.
    Fuck I've paid $1300 for a slip on before.
    Spend peanuts... Get crappy sound (example 1: yoshi rs3)

i already told you to do this

or akras

Quote Originally Posted by travisaus View Post
    As old mate above said... I think $1400 ish is pretty fair for the full system. They charge $3k+ for a full triumph system.
    Fuck I've paid $1300 for a slip on before.
    Spend peanuts... Get crappy sound (example 1: yoshi rs3)
    You may rag on RS3's all you like now. And yeh its now the dearest around, fuck thee is some Marthy exhaust that is in the high end price bracket and has a fucking Danmoto can on it for fucks sake!!

Reading US FZ09 forums is making my brain melt.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

And the Arrow looks good right up to the end can, just seems the wrong angle as they could have easily matched the general lines of the bike better, everything else is nicely tucked then they got to the can and lost interest.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Hide yo' wife!!!

Only $85 difference between that and the Akro there.

Hide yo' wife!!!

Wes - here that Akra will set you back $1600, the Yamaha version Akra is $1400. Despite Revzilla saying "we ship to Aus" when you go to buy it says you cant buy either of them due to manufacturer restrictions. Would just mean using shipitto but no idea what that might cost (need size and weight to check).
    Hide yo' wife!!!

I noticed the 2 different prices on the BikeBiz site, but they both just say they're titanium exhausts for the MT09. What's different about them?

One is the Yamaha branded one stamped with MT09 and the branding is a more discreet dark blue, the other has the normal red and yellow Akra badge. Apart from that, nothing, but the MT09 branded one is cheaper!?
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Akra looks the best on that bike by FAR.

Contact Jason@stg.... They will beat the revzilla price. Jason@sportbiketrackgear.com.
    http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=37202
    Last edited by travisaus; 22-04-14 at 06:53 AM.

The big issue is nobody seems to have any. There is a few vids of them fitted but every site has them listed as out of stock/backorder. Bike biz is saying June and really once you ship from the US the price will be on par with here (surprisingly given you can normally save on this stuff from the US.)

I won't get mine til month end or early May and will run it in before fitting a pipe so might be best just to wait if I want the Akra (which I do, watching vids of them shooting blue flames gives me the fizz) Gives me time to save the extra $'s too given i just boughta bike and a couple of grand worth of Nova suspension.
    Last edited by piss98; 22-04-14 at 08:37 AM.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Apparently a truck rocked up this morning with one of these in it with my name on it - should have it tomorrow! Least I will get to ride it before I go see the ball Dr for the chop.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

That was quick.

So are you going to turn up for a ride with PF cunts now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX19X View Post
    That was quick.
    Yeh sales dude rang me all excited and shocked it arrived so quick! They rang and asked re: pick up and am dropping in there 3 pm tomorrow to grab it. Asked if I wanted any parts fitted while they are there which I do except mine have not arrived yet and they have nothing in stock anyway. I told her to go ahead and fit a set of the gold forks instead of silver and she seemed unsure as if I had a choice, fingers crossed they stuff up and do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    So are you going to turn up for a ride with PF cunts now?
    Because they happen so often? Yeh I will put up a thread and have already flagged with Jeev the cunt as he and his mates are pretty regular Sunday riders. Might even go up Nebo seeing as I will be on a stock bike and immune from hassles re: mods. Have to wait to June for the pipes to be available and am waiting on a couple of smaller bits from Bikebiz which seem to be on backorder (like most things for MT09's at the moment!)
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Because they happen so often? Yeh I will put up a thread and have already flagged with Jeev the cunt as he and his mates are pretty regular Sunday riders. Might even go up Nebo seeing as I will be on a stock bike and immune from hassles re: mods. Have to wait to June for the pipes to be available and am waiting on a couple of smaller bits from Bikebiz which seem to be on backorder (like most things for MT09's at the moment!)
    I'm looking at finishing up finance on the Monster this week. My list currently:

1) Street Triple R ABS.
    2) Yamaha MT 09... The same coloured one you went and bought, you dirty man whore.

Might give the Monster 1-2 more floggings before it goes