Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamaha MT09

What sort of monster have you got?
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

I has new toys to play with. Even being careful in run in mode its still fucking stupidly fun. Have to go get my son to arvo sport soon so full run down later but in a 20km run in through the back streets tyres are scrubbed and brakes bedded in. Gearbox needs some time to loosen but thats expected. Excellent little burble on over run and changing down from the stock pipe and mine sounds 11ty times less shit with the stock pipe than the demo did, will sound nuts with the Akra pipe. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398752621392.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	73992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398752643607.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	73993Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398752657430.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	73994
    Hide yo' wife!!!

No gold forks?

No gold forks, Euro and US get them and orange ones here get them.....go figure!!

Degayed the rear a little getting rid of the pushbike reflectors and extra wide bracket that holds the plate and reflectors on, also moved the novelty oversized rego holder. Hardcore mods i know!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398777994137.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	74005Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398778006913.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	74006Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398778049168.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	74007
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Straight into the M1300 Club. Nice work, looks hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Those reflectors are so stupid. Stuffed if I can figure why theyre a legal requirement. My bike has a tail light thats always on, if the bulb blows its still reflective. WTF is the point of the reflector?

Side reflectors would be for visibility from the sides I'd guess. They're sometimes a legal requirement in other countries and the manufacturer just sticks them on everything.

There are stupid looking reflectors all over the US versions of most new bikes, but they're not required here.

Nah Im talking about the one that hangs down from the tail light. Its about 2/3 up behind the rear wheel. It looks fucking gay, is only visible from behind and makes no sense to me.

The side ones were attached to a big arse bracket that also mounted the plate as the standard rear guard holes dont line up with the standard holes on the number plate. Nothing a spanner and drill bit cant fix.

Fuck me i thought my ZX10 steered well but this thing is ridiculous, behaving and keeping the revs down and rowing through all gears to bed shit in but even then i am dragging toes round corners (the pegs are pretty low though but have my eye on some rearsets). It will also haul the rear tyre of the ground no probs if you are so inclined. So much fun to ride and without going a billion kmh so should only get better. Tyres are good for stock - Dunlop Sportmax D214. (Sits in their suspersport/hypersport categories)
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Oh and sif side reflectors at the rear are doing to do jack shit for making drivers see you, by the time they can see them they would already be running over you. I think the red one is a legal requirement here?
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Those side reflectors are usually accompanied by reflectors on the sides of the front forks/guard too. Mostly on overseas models. They're ugly as fuck so good move punting them.

lmao at that plastic godzilla on the back. My dad's Nuda had something similarly stupid. Tail tidy that shit up son.

Side reflectors were more for when it's parked I thought?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy McSkiddengoober View Post
    This. Guy has obviously committed a hate crime against hetrosexuality riding a scooter and should be stabbed to death with a sharpened cock.
    No. Driving an esky along the footpath will be the end humanity. This must be stopped.
    "Lo!! The son of satan will rideth thine esky, wearing nought but the beater of wives and the double secured half sandle, and he will wave his hands in great mirth ushering in the end of all mankind"

Brasher - a tail tidy will get you shot and eaten in QLD. There are some tail thingo's out there that clean it up without being too bad in terms of cop bait though.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

What's illegal about a tail tidy? As long as it still has a reflector it should be fine?

Something about there having to be something 45 degrees rear axle something fucking bureaucrats.
    Perfect mix of sports and luxury... Like an automotive version of a mullet

Yeh the rule is you have to have some form of guard as wide as the rear wheel and extending out to in line with 45degrees measured from the rear axle. Qld cops and specifically moto cops love to give easy tickets/defects for it. I had one on my 10R originally, got booked twice in 2 mths the second time with a self clearable defect notice, I took it off.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

This might pass, fucking expensive!

Hide yo' wife!!!

This would be bettererer though

Hide yo' wife!!!

This is mine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398859142558.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	74041

Quote Originally Posted by psssi98 View Post
    This would be bettererer though

thats the one dad put on his nuda, looks good.

Yeh those look good, pretty much any of the small ones do. The one I posted above is the official Yammie part so seems closer to ADR spec than anything else and has a bit of that industrial look to it which is kinda cool. The other option that walks the line between tiny tail tidy and passable is the Rizoma one.

(I should get the tail light in this pic in the post this week too but the tank pad (branded MT09 one) has to come from Japan )

Hide yo' wife!!!

Fucking delivery muppets, came to deliver my tail light, nobody home so they left a card then took it to a PO 3 suburbs away the dumb cunts (there are 2 PO's in my suburb alone!). Raced home like a fucking lunatic to get to the Post Office in time to find it further away than expected so was never going to make it.

On the plus side, racing home was fucking hilarious. Starting to get comfy on this now and was chopping up traffic like a champ, mostly used to the width of it for lane splitting too as it feels wider than the 10R but much higher so you can get over a lot of car mirrors. No wonder they kept saying what a hoon bike these are, it begs you to have a crack and is so flexible in terms of engine and handling it's wicked. Rear end on it is a bit soft so could use some attention, front is a little soft too so going to wind a few more clicks in to it. Tyres on there are pretty fucking good too, warm up really fast and have felt nothing but planted even when they were brand new and shiny!
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Sounds like this bike rocks.

Is it legal to put a diavel type 45deg rear guard thingy and then run a tail tidy?

Yep you could do that and have considered something like that or a BMW style one (same shit different smell). I am seriously considering the first long one I posted as it is a Yamaha branded part but if push came to shove with a cop I still doubt the argument of "it's sold by the manufacturer in this country and is compliant" etc would get me off a ticket, at least not without going to court. These days I can't be fucked with the hassle mostly given I can't see the rear of the bike when I am wringing the cunts neck.

First ride in the rain this morning so gave the B mode a burl (reduced throttle response and about 15-20% less power and generally overall softer delivery). I did that for about 1km and it was too boring so I stuck it back in STD mode (full power and throttle but more bottom end torque, A mode has same power but slightly quicker throttle and more top end). I said it already but it feels so planted on the road, I rode well above what I would have dared on the 10R in the rain as I used to tip toe that cunt around.

Also had my first issue yesterday, stalled at the bottom of my driveway and then again at the end of the street. Was mighty pissed off but did some looking on the FZ09 US forum and was suggested there to check the wires going to the clutch lever. Sure enough there is an electrical connector in under the clutch lever, looked OK (was connected) but gave it a push and CLICK - it was not clicked in properly - problem solved.

I would also like to throat punch the cunt who invented and stuck on the warning sticker on the tank telling me to wear protective gear when riding a motorcycle etc. Went to peel it off and the top clear layer comes straight off but the actual sticker would peel off (with great difficulty) in tiny micro pieces leaving behind all the adhesive. Grabbed a beer and spent half an hour gently getting rid of it with my thumbnail, then some doubled over masking tape to dab the adhesive off, quick go with the clay bar and then some polish and sorted but all up took about fucking 45mins to get rid of all the crap. Fuckers.

Should get my tail light this arvo and fit it tonight so pics of my rear later.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Pay money, buy bits, add basic tools, one beer, 15mins swapping some grommets over from old bracket to new and removing old bracket and fitting the new and you have a cleaner rear.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399026485168.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	74083Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399026510090.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	74084Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399026523849.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	74085
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Noice!
    Perfect mix of sports and luxury... Like an automotive version of a mullet

Haha yeh have read that was in the build. Stunt beast.
    Hide yo' wife!!!