Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Holden Ute

It's thin steel it won't really do anything to the paint. Just step it up in stages
    caprice nugget.

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Unsure what to do for windscreen washer jets. The factory ones protrude through the firewall into the plenum then up the air vent. No chance am I running either a hole, or anything water related around inside the plenum ever again, so I'm thinking of drilling the bonnet and putting in just some screw in washer nozzles.
    Peugeot 405 has washer jets mounted on the wiper arm. You should be able to pick up something from a wrecker for $2.40 off one of those old French heaps. Funnily enough, while I thought it'd screw out after only a few months the washer system has been the one reliable system on my parent's 405s.

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    How to drill bonnet without fucking paint? Assuming the use of masking tape and a pilot hole then a step drill or reamer?
    Yes. And sharp ones, not Old Uncle Arthur's ones that were left in the back of the shed since 1951

just run the jets between the bonnet and firewall gap. No cutting, no mess and no fuss

That's Sir Cunt to you... krisr's Avatar
    I don't get wtf the problem is, just run the stock jets through the FW into the plenum. The jets are higher than the washer bottle so they wont be dribbling into the plenum. The plenums usually rot from rain water and being parked under trees where the drain tubes get blocked full of shit and backlog water. You'd need to completley seal off the plenum even then you could run the factory jet through the plate with grommets & dab of sealant. It just sounds like way too much thought is going on here.

Ke20 washer jets are pretty cool.

Last edited by MRMOPARMAN; 11-02-15 at 05:19 PM.

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Peugeot 405 has washer jets mounted on the wiper arm. You should be able to pick up something from a wrecker for $2.40 off one of those old French heaps. Funnily enough, while I thought it'd screw out after only a few months the washer system has been the one reliable system on my parent's 405s.
    If not the Pug then something else, plenty of vehicles out there with the washer jets on the wiper arms.
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

I bought two different styles of little washer nozzle, $16 all up so I'll have an option, wanted to avoid clip in jets though, would rather a fastened thread. If it ends up being shit I can easily drill out to 12-14mm for lots of clip in OEM options.

I sort of agree with krisr that it hardly warrants a thread, but hey, I want zero risk of water in the plenum again though.

Also looking at power window kits, avoiding the shithouse spline drive/belt motor systems that use the factory regulator, something like this, but flush mount the switches somewhere:
    http://bluewiremotorsport.com/produc...-window-kit-2d

Anybody seen/used?

If not the Pug then something else, plenty of vehicles out there with the washer jets on the wiper arms.
    Yep, but problem is most of them have the smart end obscured by top edge of bonnet. On a kinga that shit is fully exposed so you'd be more capable than me to do a really nice looking, functional wiper arm conversion while keeping the hose hidden etc.
    Last edited by cracka; 11-02-15 at 02:34 PM.

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    Up to you dude, but the last thing i'd be doing is drilling holes in the bonnet...

EDIT

Here's a picture of one https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...901_172227.jpg
    Last edited by Jack Nicholson; 11-02-15 at 02:55 PM.
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
    Up to you dude, but the last thing i'd be doing is drilling holes in the bonnet...

EDIT

Here's a picture of one https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...901_172227.jpg
    does that just clip over the wiper assembly? looks neat enough.

http://youtu.be/fga80Q0BxTk

http://youtu.be/1bVEAuBKVfU

silence is golden. Bit of fiddling to do with the map yet. But fucking amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosshoggett View Post
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

fuck its sounds good
    caprice nugget.

When's it coming out to play at QR?
    The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

when all else fails, hit it harder.

Dunno/dont care.

Needs a pipe shoved halfway up the hurricane muffler to make it a bit gruntier sounding, and pull engine out for top end freshen up. Might be driving again in 2016 or so. Just getting it so it runs so I can take it home and throw a tarp over it for now.
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

There's no fun in that.

was interesting to see even at full load, and 45psi fuel pressure the 2 044's and cartier only draw about 22amps speeding up, and constant about 18. Obviously at 60psi that'll be much higher, but total pump load is now like 7amps at low load and inaudible instead of howling like a banshee. Should do a fuckload towards stopping heating the fuel up to a zillion degrees/keeping alternator working arse off.

Stop worrying so much and get the car out to a QR event, even if its just to do some tuning and set the maps up under load.

Guarantee you will have the most fun possible with your pants on short of a dry root with Sasha Grey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Played launch control today. Got it working sweet with 10psi on the foot brake. Bakes the tyres but they are fucked, on loose gravelled bitumen surface.

then played around to get it working as a rolling antilag. Can make 8psi popping flames at 50ishkmh and it fucking steams away then breaks loose again by about 90ish. might abort that idea for now. Mainly just fucking about, not for any real reason.

TQ95 fluid in the box was absolutely positively burned to fucking hell. The stench was amazing. Flushed a few litres of fresh dex 3 in then john deere hygard. Box smooth as all hell now and doesn't flash as high. Saw 130 on the gauge in pan while playing launch control silly buggers last night. 110 today after a fairly substantial skid.

also dropped auto pan out as the plug was stripped. Sigh. Local auto parts store didn't have a filter kit for an a340 sadly, was a little bit of shit on the pan magnets, I assume because fresh box break in. Maybe half a CC in very fine ferrous paste.

Picked up my pistons, head studs and headgaskets. So engine can come out and go to someone to make pistons fit in next few months.

arp studs and metal HG? How much roughly? Interested as i'll be needing them eventually
    1993 UZA80 Supra
    2003 ST246W-N

So did some shit.

Long story short, this bucket of bolts was spewing all its coolant out the overflow on a good pull in 3rd gear.
    Also 3rd gear felt shithouse as it wouldnt skid at 100kmh down the highway because valve springs are shit in these things.

I'd been away for work for a while ignoring the ute as much as possible. Then there was a downsyndrome meet of hektik lowered non turbo mirages at QR on a saturday. So I decided on a tuesday afternoon to drive 550km, and begin hacking this thing apart to go and chop cunts.

So arrived at the car. Threw tools at it until bits fell off. Got the heads off by 1am or so.

Bores all look good, pistons were mint, zero signs of det except one plug was a little bit hurt but nothing major. Chambers were all mint, valves looked good, etc etc. Deck was a little warped but nothing I couldnt sort out later on. Because I didnt give a fuck at the time I didnt know which cyl it was from I was left scratching my head.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5097.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	84445
    and then drove 120km back to brissy, got mega shitfaced drunk. Still pondering spark plug odd one out. But whatever. Made 3am pizza. This was me at this point.
    Name:  Sloth Pizza.GIF
Views: 492
Size:  281.3 KB

Wednesday morning I dropped the heads to the cylinder head guy with simple instructions:
    Skim the faces as smooth as possible for MLS gaskets.
    Fit supplied performancesprings valve springs and titanium retainers
    Fit supplied valve stem seals
    Recut any valve seats that need recutting and grind valve tips to suit.
    Check all shim clearances and aim for 10thou on everything.
    Do one head at a time so I can go put one on while waiting for other.

Instead he left them on the shelf for a day, did both at same time, didnt check any lash clearance, and I couldn't pick them up until 5pm thursday. At the same time I figured if I'm gonna skid the fuck out of it, it needs new tyres. Luckily I have a spare set of rear wheels identical to current ones. So Rob/tyre-city.com smashed some Nitto NT05's on them for me.

One exhaust seat needed a recut, rest were mint. Anyway shit happens. I measured them and one intake was over 13 thou so whatever, it's gonna be noisy. Will fix it later and I had no fuckin time left.

Name:	IMG_5100.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	84446
    Threw a new water pump/idlers/timing belt at it. Clearance on the oil pump was fine so put old one back on. New one can sit on shelf till I build another engine in 2025.

Name:	IMG_5101.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	181.3 KB 
ID:	84447

Anyway so without removing the block, and wanting to fit metal head gaskets, smart money tells me the cunts wouldnt seal unless I did something with the deck. A bit of mill bar alloy and 300/600/1200 grit got it 90% good. Solution: Sharpening stone. Decks came up mint. Made a fuckin mess. Gave zero fucks.

Couldn't run a tap down into the block, because I was a lazy cunt more than anything and didnt want to spend $50 on a tap. So I just torqued each stud down with two spare nuts together. Then found none of them sit at the same height, so pulled them out, swore a little, blew some air in. re run studs in, no bueno. Most holes no good/cruddy

Took a random 10mm bolt I found and ground off 1/3rd of the thread long ways to make a ghetto cleanup tap with a flat edge. Ran that in and out a dozen times in each bolt hole. Bingo all studs sit in to same height. I ground off two rivets from the MLS gaskets and hylomar'd every surface. Apparently this is the ducks guts. But if you ask 5 people, you get 9 answers. So fuck you people. I'll just nigger rig the shit out of it. ....and of course knowing about the bullshit with the head studs on 1uz's I measured the head thickness, gasket, nut, waster, clearance to cam gear. Decided I needed 2.8mm trimmed off top of stud.

Smashed a head on, did the whole bolt tightening sequence shit and in 4 stages to whatever the torque was, 82nm or something. then just gave each one another few nm for shits and giggles.

Went to torque cam caps down on intake cam...and FUCK YOU FUCKASDFKSDGAGSASDGSFDGQERQY#W$ETSDGAESDRZXFHYYDFK CGJH that happenned...

Name:	IMG_5102.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	84448
    So out came some chux, rags, die grinder, bourbon, no PPE because fuck PPE, and ground the top of the stud down to a few thou clear of the nut. Best of luck ever getting the nut off without ruining it but whatever. I'll buy a new ARP nut later when it comes apart again. I need to race cunts. More bourbon was used than common sense or care in all steps.

Name:	IMG_5103.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	84449
    End of thursday night looked like this by 1am.

Friday I went back up again (this fucking drive from brisbane to maleney twice a day, every day off, for the past few months is kind of lame). Went to fit RH head. Surprise, it wont clear the brake booster. So booster and master out. Surprise, it wont clear the steering shaft. Sheering shaft out.

By this time of course the hylomar was fully cured on the gaskets. Spend 2 hours cleaning it off after drilling out remaining two rivets. Then it occured to me while I was half drunk putting other head on I forgot to remove the cam scissor gear anti chatter thingy ringy geary thingy screw I put in. So... You would imagine it'd be only quick to pull the cam covers off and take one screw out, and put cam covers on.

No. Al made the exhaust manifold a complete interference fit with the head and cam cover, and turbo. No can do. So back to removing turbo again, take screw out of cam, put cam cover back on, install turbo again... Ground the living fuck out of the exhaust manifold T4 flange and turbo T4 flange so in future I have access to that cam cover bolt.

Anyway, lots of fucking about later, right head goes on, all looks good. Then run out of time. 6pm friday I could of got it running but shit happens.

So monday morning Shifty comes up for a drive with me. Thanks pal. We smashed about $40 worth of KFC, and assembled a bunch of random shit. Mainly talked shit but whatever, it was awesome to have some company to turn spanners with.

Tuesday I get it fired up. Running on 7. Fuck you car. Pull intake off again, find sticky injector and throw it at wall (legitimately threw it 20m away at a wall) Hit it with 12v again and it works. Fuckin win! Put all that gay shit back on. Hit the key, yay 8cyls. Suppose that explains the sick plug. I still at this point paid zero attention to the cylinder it was from, oops.

Anyway dropped the oil out after all this shit. Put some new oil in, water etc. Burped all the air out. Then did a burnout.

Fucked around more with some launch control stuff. Maybe 25 seconds total over 30mins... Whaddayaknow, my $5000 gearbox now leaks fluid from somewhere. Went and did another burnout and put ute back in shed. I dont know who built the box, I just paid the bill. But it's done a total of 5 reasonable skids at 450hp, 4 1/4 mile passes, and 2800km and it's probably dead. I didnt have the heart or patience to go and properly find out as it'd just make me drive the ute into a pole if it was broken.

Soooo...Now I'm on the lookout for a chev adaptor plate, and ill save up for a 4L80E or powerglide and GV overdrive. So once again, im broken, out of budget, and pissed the fuck off at this thing. I own a house now so in a month I'll bring it home, park it up and either part it out completely or leave it for a few years until I can afford a gearbox.

The good:
    Doesnt leak oil/exhaust/water
    Doesnt drink coolant now at WOT in 3rd.
    Makes much healthier power with 19psi, and 17 up top.

The bad:
    Possible dead gearbox/dieing.

The future:
    Another 1000rpm rev limit and 19psi all the way through, pray it blows a rod so I can honestly think of throwing all toyota shit in the bin and start with a reliable engine and gearbox.

Good other good news is it has working power windows now and a couple of USB charge ports in the dash. The only working things in it. Success. Also dynamat in doors etc for that Audi clunk.

Drank more bourbon. Then bought some thermals and left for new zealand for work for a few weeks.

Name:	IMG_5115.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	84451
    Oh what a feeling obligatory toyota jump.

Fucking cold here... Flogged the cunt out of a VG30 nissan pathfinder kinda thing up to the ski field carpark at Mount Taranaki. Felt like a hero linking 3-4 corners together on ice road. Drank beers, kept beers cold in snow. Threw snow at shit. Laughed arse off at kiwi cuzzi's in a corolla spearing off the road a few times on the way down as evidenced by two tyre marks digging in off the road.

Solid thread bump

Three things.

1. Good to see you have the right frame of mind about fucking cars.
    2. Has anyone suggested a 1000hp RB30 swap?
    3. Should have bought black thermals. ( so we couldn't see your B cup moobs ).

Registered User Mc Juicy Hairy Balls's Avatar
    Cracka dude i think you just saved my evening. I have been busy since i got home having a beer fuelled rage about my fuel rails being professionally overbored, my right hand strapped to a chunk of cheap plastic immobilising my creativity for a month. But there you are dealing with all that....
    Im going to try and erase the tighty whiteys so i can respect you like before lol.
    Look you're having a rage too, by the time u get home u will be in the right frame of mind to fix that slushbox.
    Must catch up with you sometime when you are over...seems to be a fair bit.

Wow that was fucking exhausting bro!

You in Brisbane next weekend?
    Retard Honour Wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Rob Sloth Young did i ask for your opinion? no. i only want it for a paddock bomb. go play with traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    you stupid fucken imbicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    your are a fucken idiot of the highest level.

Opens
    Solid work/post. Bugger that the gear bag is playing up after all that effort

Quote Originally Posted by lickmyleftone View Post
    2. Has anyone suggested a 1000hp RB30 swap?
    Gold!

Maybe have another look at the box with a mate. Might not be all doom and gloom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Just for future reference Hylomar is non setting/non hardening and has unlimited assembly time. Also you don't need to torque studs into the block, but those two things are probably the least of your problems
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Just for future reference Hylomar is non setting/non hardening and has unlimited assembly time. Also you don't need to torque studs into the block, but those two things are probably the least of your problems
    a) It is when you're gonna leave them exposed to bullshit, and to get them on and off you smudge the shit everywhere. 1 time deal. Or clean off. Because otherwise flies, french fries, and fuck knows what else will be stuck to it in about 6.1 minutes. Thus they had to be split, cleaned and freshly put back on the several hours later worth of removing 40yo brake booster and shit directly from on top of it.

b) You do, when you dont have a tap and cant clean the threads reliably. So winding them in by hand gets them 5 threads in. Or winding them in with two nuts till they bottom out and a little nip with a 1/4in ratchet gets them almost all the way seated. No, I didn't torque the studs to the block..... the fuck kind of retard would?

My apologies. When you said torqued the studs in I thought you meant you umm… torqued the studs in.

And when you said the Hylomar had cured I thought you thought it actually cured.

Carry on
    Last edited by Motherfucker Jones; 19-06-15 at 06:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt

dem tittays

Quote Originally Posted by choppo View Post
    Looking forward videos of OP doing the chicken dance in drag with bananas up the arse and other fruit around the face in gay hypnotherapist rape dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    My apologies. When you said torqued the studs in I thought you meant you umm… torqued the studs in.

And when you said the Hylomar had cured I thought you thought it actually cured.

Carry on
    Im tired on nightshift...forgive for not hemmingwaying the shit out of it. wordsalad.