Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Holden Ute

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin
    Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Send tk money for built engine. Fit stocker and fix all other car related fuckups while you wait.

Or, put a chev in it cunt

Quote Originally Posted by limehj View Post
    Send tk money for built long weight.
    Fixed for reality
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

No engine is Nicol proof.

"1uz is bullter proof" - The internet

2 Nicols, 2 broken 1uz's.

The exceptions that prove the rule
    Retard Honour Wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Rob Sloth Young did i ask for your opinion? no. i only want it for a paddock bomb. go play with traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    you stupid fucken imbicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    your are a fucken idiot of the highest level.

Opens
    Technically Dale blew mine up, but we were drinking and it was fun at the time.
    Then I bashed it together in 2 hours in the garden shed at 1am and it lasted 20 minutes at powerplay before doing the same thing.
    All mine needs is put old 1uz in industrial bin, bolt in another 1uz (already sitting on the bench beside it) and press pgdn on dale's tune and it will run for years.

Registered User Mc Juicy Hairy Balls's Avatar
    I do not condone experimental tuning on my $20k of V12.
    So low boost it will be for me until things are run in and look stable.
    Do it all again cracka, do it all again because you can. slap another motor in and either be kind to it or build one fit for the task.

Meh
    How about you just ask Justen, CelicaV8 bloke, as he knows very accurately as to what they can and can't take. No need to guess, ask an expert.

or the fella with the capri

Built motors will always last longer than a junkyard motor. Putting a turbo on a junkyard motor is awesome! Just don't be greedy with power. I don't see logic in putting 3k ecu, 3k turbo etc on a 500 dollar engine.

Opens
    you can, you just have to be prepared to swap out $500 motors until you find the good one.

BTW stick with it cracka. Like I said early in this thread. Make a plan and stick to it. And have realistic goals. It's a cool ute

Quote Originally Posted by myliberty View Post
    you can, you just have to be prepared to swap out $500 motors until you find the good one.
    I'm too lazy to swap motors out all the time haha. Build it, then just fill with fuel and turn the key.....

What makes people think the tune is wrong? It's conservative as shit to be honest, and was wound right down even still because exhaust valve springs. Made identical power on 13psi as it did with 19. It isn't rocket science, very basic agricultural engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosshoggett View Post
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

It was that conservative it still pushed the head gaskets out.

Quote Originally Posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
    It's like putting 12 psi in a stock ls1 sure it will last for a while but it will fuck up sooner or later
    100% it wore out exhaust valve springs first, then played silly buggers with head gasket. Block looked fuckin mint so I figured rebuild heads, tidy block surface up, slap together with big valve springs etc, keep it turned down and it would be right.

lesson learnt. When I can afford I'll do it better/right. In the meantime sell the excess shit and start again. The fact it's such a fucking cunt to work on with the current manifold/turbo setup just means every job takes 10hrs more than it should. it breaks my spirits spending 4 hours to undo two turbo bolts. Or removing entire brake and suspension on one side to pull a head. If it were reasonably accessible like on a chev block it would be a joke.

i like the 1uz, bulletproof truck motor if the right bits are in the right spot. I just can't afford to have someone change those bits for me and I can't weld for shit to do it myself.
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Dude I feel your frustrations, my shit box requires the engine to come out to remove the heads, let alone the Dick around of removing the manifolds.
    It's been sitting under the house undriven and gathering dust for 18 months. Whilst it wouldn't take much to get back on the road I just don't have the time or money to sort it.
    One day I dream of being a cheque book racer!

Mine also has been shed bound for coming on a year now because my built motor lasted 3000km. Going for a stock bottom end with studs and mls gaskets, and I'll cry if it can only hold 14psi!

wrong thread derrr
    Last edited by millsi; 07-07-15 at 05:51 PM.
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by SR20 KE30 View Post
    Wait wat.

Twin turbo will only add complexity not take it away.

Elite is only better than ps2000 if you have need of its additional functions.

Any and all wiring issues could be fixed with one day spent under the dash.

Bhg just needs a head skim and some studs and that will be the last you see of it.

Dont overthink it, just fix it.
    straight up!!! too many people over complicate shit with stuff they dont need! no need to reinvent the wheel! even larry larson said that...! frying tyres and blasting away other cars ... you forget about the shit you dont need real quick!!!

2j the living shit out of it.

Is the ps2000 for sale yet?

yep. $9K.
    comes with free turbo ute

^ what he said.

I reckon I could make 10k parting it out and sell sell a perfect functioning near spotless ute for 8-10k after throwing a 308/traumatic/10 bolt/stock brakes/suspension in. Or engine rebuild with all the current kit.

Interestingly I have a good look at some of GoMac's 1uzs I could find online. Every single one of them has the rear water bridge blocked and a single line forward, some with a temp sender there. Mine has a giant fucking loop of heater hose. Could be cause of some mad air lock in that area (which happens to be the cylinder injesting water now. Has always been a complete fucking cunt to burp air out and never once has it not had air still in there somewhere.

I'm not having a dig here or trying to be a smart ass .. what exactly is now wrong with it? just going by what you've posted up, it seems like you do actually enjoy it at times but then as a result of problems, you get put off? then want to sell? While nowhere the amount of work you've put in to yours, it's still a thought I get about certain past cars where I'm like, hmm I should've kept it >.< .. but yeah if that thought is genuinely not there any more and it's causing only grief, then you gotta do what you gotta do. GL

reality is that it has done a head gasket on one head.
    and this is the 2nd time it's done it.

another reality is that a replacement motor is pretty much $500 at full price.

What it needs is a weekend, 2 engine stands, 1 engine crane, some beer, some bbq, some tools and some friends.

Registered User Mc Juicy Hairy Balls's Avatar
    ^this plus some kindly soul to help correct the terrible turbo manifolds so old mate can keep his toys in the cot when he is working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JZX V12 View Post
    ^this plus some kindly soul to help correct the terrible turbo manifolds so old mate can keep his toys in the cot when he is working on it.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Im still trying to get my head around 70k going into this?
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Interestingly I have a good look at some of GoMac's 1uzs I could find online. Every single one of them has the rear water bridge blocked and a single line forward, some with a temp sender there. Mine has a giant fucking loop of heater hose. Could be cause of some mad air lock in that area (which happens to be the cylinder injesting water now. Has always been a complete fucking cunt to burp air out and never once has it not had air still in there somewhere.
    Ls1 do the same thing when you block the coolant passage.. Creates hot spots and causes the same problems your having
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...