Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the new turdness - i think i have a disease

Pollitically incorrect
    If you do ditch it, I have a mate interested in the hubs.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Quote Originally Posted by nastysven View Post
    If you do ditch it, I have a mate interested in the hubs.
    Ill keep that in mind. Thanks.

got a bit of spare time to work on the turd today. dragged the fucker back to the shed and gave it a wash, put some old EF rims on i had lying around, and started stripping the interior.

turns out im pretty sure the diff isnt fucked. it turned freely with both wheels in the air, no pinion slop or anything. looks like the drag link might need a reco. brakes look newish.
    the bent castor rod and dodgily repaired accident damage. looks like crap but its straight from the castor rod mount back, so shouldnt affect things.

found this happy little fellow while working away, havent seen a scorpion out here for like 20 years, since the last cunt stung me on the foot.

looking a fair bit better. grabbed a battery and chucked it in to see what would happen.. cautiously turned the key. it didnt explode!
    dash lights up, heater turns on, car turns over! no fuel/spark, wipers etc though. so hopefully the problem is pre ecu rather than a fucked sensor. should make it a bit easier to trace. fuck these engine bays are busy though. vac hoses, a/c piping/abs shit/EGR crap fucking everywhere.

got most of the interior out. got a PM saying some of the interior bits might be desirable, so tried to keep everything as intact as possible. apart from the l/h door trim, and obviously the cat shit everywhere, most of the interior would come up great with a clean. even the dash is uncracked!
    clutch goes to the floor, and the brake pedal is siezed solid. to be expected i guess.
    pulled the carpet out and found this..

its gotten a gash in the floor at some stage, which has now started to rust. no big deal. shouldnt take more than a few hrs to fix if i can get a floor. what worries me theres an ecu down there too, which has started to rust out, lol. have no idea what it does though, has an on-off switch on the top. hopefully its just for electric seats or some shit.

next weeks update, finish stripping the interior down, and look some more into the electrics. see if i can dodge the pump up to siphon the old shit out of the tank, check fuses/fusable links and go from there.
    Last edited by MRMOPARMAN; 04-05-14 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Pollitically incorrect
    wont it have a drain plug in the bottom of the tank?
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Yeah maybe, didnt end up having a look. Didnt want to get under it coz the jack and stands were sinking from all the water from washing it. Probably shoulndt have anyways since theres shitloads of quartz rock all over the ground. Now it rolls ill chuck it in the shed.

Any niggas here know what that rusty ecu does? Sits right under the drivers seat.

I think the computer on the floor is ETACS - alarm/ central locking stuff. Probably worth your time downloading the workshop manuelle http://www.starquestgarage.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MrBishi View Post
    I think the computer on the floor is ETACS - alarm/ central locking stuff. Probably worth your time downloading the workshop manuelle http://www.starquestgarage.com/
    thanks. just finished downloading it about 10 mins ago lol! if that ecu has a immobiliser in it as well, that would be a good reason for it to not run.
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Had a chance to trouble shoot the wiring on this yet?

yep

not much to see here sorry. basically just finished stripping the basics out of the interior without touching the dash and shit. must have removed 40kg of shit so far. wouldnt be suprised if theres another 15kg of sound deadener. not gonna worry bout that shit till she's going.

so onto the trouble shooting..

no spark, no fuel (as expected). trouble shooting requires a fucking volt meter rather than test lamp, so its impossible with my supercrap multimeter to read the DTC's.
    shorted the fuel pump. its fucked.
    fuel line into pump is fucked.
    have the dizzy sitting next to me waiting for me to test the ignitor.
    wanted to test the 'knock box'.. the FSM says in the troubleshooting section for knock box.."if knock box has suspected fault, replace with known good unit and retest". fuckin dodgy cunts. helps me fuck nothing.

Bit to do then. Just going to take time I guess.

so im a bit behind on the updates.

im sure the knock box is fucked. was looking around for another, and when you can find one, the cunts are like $200. and id have to import from the US, since aus mainly got 4g63's rather than the astron.

so i decided to do an ignition conversion. settled on a GM HEI '5 pin'. basically its similar to a bim024, but has a 5th pin that retards 5 or 10 (info is scetchy) crank degrees when the 5th pin is grounded.
    found a NOS one for $13 posted from the US, so happy with that if it works.

also got a yumcha adjustable pressure switch that ill use later on to control the retard for $11.

also found the fuel pump was seized. so i took the fuel out of the tank and dropped it. not suprisingly the filler and fuel hoses were fucked as well.
    got a 2nd hand VL/camira/falcon external pump for fuck all. it necessitated changing fuel lines and shit though. i could have chopped up the old pressure hose (it was ok) but i found a fitting at work that would do the job, so i borrowed it.

fitted it all up, and found a long filler hose on an old L200 lying around my place, that i have sut into roughly the right length. run out of time to put the tank back in though. will probably have to get a new pump feed hose. just stretched an old POS hose over it just to test it out, but its starting to kink, but will do for engine testing purposes.

so getting closer. ill tap the new module into the old loom, just in case it doesnt work, chuck the tank back together, and it *should* start. hopefully will get to do all that next tuesday.

im also looking into brake conversions for it. already have a pair of BA calipers, and quite a few old sets of 5 stud rotors lying around, and heaps of 12mm steel for adaptors.
    thinking BA calipers and rotors on the front, and the old front rotors and VN-VS front calipers on the rear, with pajero master cylinder, bias valve and delete the rear ABS.
    the current brakes are fucked anyways so it would probably be cheaper to do this than to rebuild the original brakes.

so yeah way too long between updates.

for anyone that actually gives a shit, i spent ages diagnosing the electricals. pretty much everything was buggered. so with that and the accident damage, not being able to get bits easy enough, i decided to call it quits and parted the turd out.

so as it sits:

one would hope that is the end of that.. but because sickness, i have outdone myself.

pics in a couple of weeks when i pick it up
    Last edited by MRMOPARMAN; 31-07-16 at 10:04 PM.

Mate. Missed the last few updates somehow. Did you find a better condition one?
    DJ's don't need sigs

Well ummm...no. i found a car thats probably harder to get bits for, and so much more nuggety that i was scared to take pics of it.
    yet somehow im much more excited about it

It's another valiant, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by oioioioioi View Post
    I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

It's European, old and in bits. Cams dream car really.

Awaiting pics.
    Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

dont forget sitting out in the rain for 4 years with no paint, doors and windows on it

Well, theres no possible way its a Lancia... It'd be dirt by now.

Is it a rusty E30/E24?
    I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
    Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Registered User Panda I give no fuck's Avatar
    you are definitely a glass half full guy, except it's half full of the cool-aide
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Z View Post
    If TK told me to close my eyes and bend over, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopy View Post
    Well, theres no possible way its a Lancia... It'd be dirt by now.

Is it a rusty E30/E24?
    Close!

and without further ado..

Last edited by MRMOPARMAN; 14-08-16 at 10:08 PM.

You're a fucked cunt.

What are you going to do with that besides make rust holes?
    Last edited by Soopy; 14-08-16 at 10:10 PM.

Registered User Panda I give no fuck's Avatar
    You've dropped your biscuit cunt
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Z View Post
    If TK told me to close my eyes and bend over, I would.

Wow

Ready for the show and shine LOL

Fark me...

that looks fucked.
    Sloth: [Sloff] Noun, like Skompa but with euro shitboxen, a large bearded person, with a penchant for cider and garlic pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno View Post
    That's retardism cunt stop discriminating against me and my fellow retards.

Looks like something I'd buy
    Do not listen to anything this man says. They are insane, illogical thoughts propagated by us, the voices in his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Skompa View Post
    Looks like something I'd buy
    you are my inspiration.

Sweet patina

had a spare second at the oldies yesterday so i pulled the carpets up to look for rust.. ended up putting a fist sized hole in the drivers floorpan.