Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: PF Dirtbike Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mini_Me View Post
    I totally get the argument of getting the best possible helmet. Iíll probably buy another mx helmet - itís just a thought that crossed my mind.

Likewise, should I then wear my moto helmet when I am riding my MTB, riding flat single track at 20-30kmph? Itís not really any different, bar the weight of the bike

Who says a DOT helmet rates for 150kmph+ impact is ďbetterĒ than a DH helmet rated to 80kmph impact (speed ratings pulled from my arse)

Itís not so much about the cost but the lighter weight and ventilation.

Even in Victorian winter I am cooking myself riding steep technical terrain. If I can keep my head cooler I might crash less too
    Iím hearing you. Was having the same old conversation with someone today about how they stopped riding a moto in the bush and went to MTB as too worried about hurting themselves. For that person (and many others I know) they are going just as fast with less gear on

Reminds me of a comment that came up when discussing the cheap Aldi helmets years ago for rallies etc. Have you priced a funeral lately?
    Buy the best safety gear you can.

I believe the current V3 foxes are carbon now. briefly fox made a V4 which was carbon. but has been dropped

oh here is an article about the v3/v4
    https://www.cyclenews.com/2016/07/ar...017-gear-line/

the V4 was super light
    '01 RS125
    '01 CR500
    '05 CR250
    '07 CR125
    '70 Mk2 Cortina
    '80 1200 Ute
    '12 Transit

Have been keen to get back into dirt bikes. Had my first ride back on a dirt squirter in some time this weekend. Father in laws bday in Torquay. Used it as an excuse to get into some new gear as my old stuff was properly old and rotten. Ended up with an Airoh helmet, for 180 jersey and pants and Alpine Stars Tech 7ís. Really impressed with the kit. Was all super comfortable straight out of the box. For the ride the father in law sorted me a bike, his Husaberg 350 4 banger. (Last model they made) Was a good thing. He had borrowed a mates 2018 350 xcf. FIL was missing his Husaberg so his mate offered me the Kato 350. What a good thing. Was on my radar as my next bike (excf spec for me ) so was great to do such a long test ride and I think that is the decision made. Some great riding out the back of Anglesea. Couple of pots of bravery and a countery at the Aireys Inlet pub and then back home. Good bunch of blokes and about a 90km Loop with a mix of single track and fire trail. Have got the bug again.
    Last edited by darkside; 14-07-19 at 03:02 PM.

Hell yea BP. Thatís a mint day out.

I went single track riding on BILís farm today. Had 4 goes at a rock strewn steep climb but couldnít nail it.
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Its kind of a dirt bike.
    I sold my BMW Scrambler and picked up this 1988 Honda Transalp (XL600V) for a song. It's got Rego and needs a bit of cosmetic tidy up, but rides great. I put some Dunlop 606's on and vinyl wrapped the screen. I will do a slow resto as time and $ permits...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice pick up!

Dimi. Where did you go for your helmet?

When I crashed earlier in the year the helmet took a bump so I'm not sure I wanna hold onto it.

PS. Trees fucking hurt when you hit them. I smashed into one when I rode downhill years ago.
    I think I knocked myself out from it. I don't remember much of the stack just old mate going "Fuck mate you alright?" as he lifted me up.

That was a mtb helmet and I threw it in the bin. I woulda been doing 30ks down a single trail?
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Joe's has the airohs dude

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    Joe's has the airohs dude
    Ahh sick I'll go sus next time I am in Fyshwick.
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.