Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: PF Dirtbike Thread

You 'gon take that deeuck fat910's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by millsi View Post
    4 strokes are fucking gay!
    This guy knows!
    They say i know fuck nothing, but i know fuck all!

So I sold my YZF on thursday, the plan was to wait untill after xmas to buy a new bike

then this thing popped up and after an intense lowball I was shocked to hear old mate say yes to the offer

Its got a 270 big bore kit, stage 2 hotcams, high comp, tuned, hinson clutch, pro circuit sus, renthal chain, etc etc etc

it goes like a fucking cut snake, actually scared me when doing a quick test ride on it last night

now I just gotta learn how to ride it

even scored a complete setup with it, oils, straps, 2 stands, all the stock parts

Hopefully I dont blow it up too soon
    www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

Nice, what year is it and what price did you end up paying?

My mate and I havent been out at all this year. Started back last week and went pretty good. Went out today on the same tracks and had a terrible day.

Going to be sore tomorrow.

2012 and 4.2k which is cheap for Adelaide. Old mate paid $5500 for it 2 months ago. What oil do you cunce use in your worked four strokes. Motul 300v seems nice but pricey.

Only ever used motul in my bikes.

8100 or 300V is perfect, it's pricey but put the best synthetic stuff in you can.

Dump it every 5 hours, oil filter every 2nd change and air filter every ride and it will go forever. Modern 250F's have got their shit together in the reliability stakes.

Nice pickup.

300V it is then.

Wallet is already cringing.

Another vote for Motul. MPE have had my suspension for the last month so im keen as fuck to get back on my dirtbike.

Bike is back. Anyone else head out over the long weekend?

Nice, is the track still at Bohle?
    Nope

yeah got out last weekend down appin, hit a divot in upramp of double and it threw me sideways, no amount of panic revving could bring it back and bam hit the deck, thankfully no injuries. Renthals gone to handlebar heaven and somehow ripped the side shroud through the fastner.... could have been much worse.

anyone replaced head stem bearings before? Mine become notchy and binding up, I think the bottom race you need a bearing press?

You guys sweat your nuts out riding in 25 degree weather?

Trails must be a bit nicer than motox surely?

probably underestimate how much you move around on a bike, I put my polar monitor to see the energy expenditure and 2 x 20 minute moto's was like 1200 calories! No wonder after a ride, washing the bike and putting it away I feel rooted!

Thats my point!

It was warm on the long weekend. You cunts are game riding in that sort of weather.

Ill stick to winter for mine i reckon

Yeah it was alot higher than 25 degrees up here over the long weekend. Trails are alot easier going for me but its pretty shit around here with nothing but loose rock. That track is a private one at Bluewater Millsi, the Bohle one got shut down some time ago due to insurance and liability issues.

New project; $1300 1999 RM250. Budget is $2000 total, photos from the ad. Currently it's half apart getting a big mail order parts list done up. It's surprisingly good and low use but the most recent owner was a crack head with NFI.

awesome, when I get some room I am gonna rebuild a 01 CR125 like I had as a kid.

I had an '97 RM250 in highschool so this is a bit of a nostalgia thing to
    Last edited by ls400x; 25-10-14 at 08:28 PM. Reason: 97 not 07

just make sure that bike isn't stolen lol.

Would love a cr500. Just because.

I almost bought a tidy 1992 cr500 for $3500 but was feeling just a little bit too poor. Definitely on the one day list.

Got my 92 kx500 (shown earlier in this thread) for 3k. I'm slower than I was almost everywhere on my old WR250f but it makes my heart race just thinking about riding it. I love watching people turn and grin when I start it up.

Nice project 400.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungle View Post
    Got my 92 kx500 (shown earlier in this thread) for 3k. I'm slower than I was almost everywhere on my old WR250f but it makes my heart race just thinking about riding it. I love watching people turn and grin when I start it up.
    Fuck yeh. That's why you'd own one. Who cares if you're slower. Just dig trenches and laugh to yourself.

Did the stockmans rally today. 150kms in about 4 hours.

Haven't ridden probably in ages. Going to be sore tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by fly510 View Post
    Fuck yeh. That's why you'd own one. Who cares if you're slower. Just dig trenches and laugh to yourself.
    Ha, yeah, it's not a very "social" bike. People hate riding with me because I'm all over the shop throwing dirt, rocks, sand, grass etc everywhere...it's 2 bikes wide because it's never actually going in a straight line, slow in the corners then flat out down the straights, fish-tailing and laughing my arse off, hanging on for dear life. I end up coming in after only a few laps because I'm knackered but I've always got the biggest grin on my face.

I wanna buy a little pittie for fucking around on and for my missus to ride, ive got a shitbox 125cc china jobbie that doesnt work well

thinking about a little wheel KX85...would that be safe enough for the missus to ride?

So, sold my pitster X4 and picked up a genuine 05 KLX 110 with a 143 and a few BBR bits. Gave a kid I race the pit shitters with my spare pitster forks, swinger and elka shock, he's gonna fabricate me an upper shock mount cos stock based Klx boingers suck with a 100kg fat guy. Landing on a tabletop with stiff springs and 3" suspension travel bloody jolts the knees and wrists!

I also went to race my KX2fiddy last weekend for the last race of the season after letting it sit for 3 months due to a jacked up foot. Zero compression. Dropped some ATF down the plug hole but the bugger still wouldn't start. Pulled the cylinder off and the rings were stuck. Crusty shit. Its a little surprising, last year in about November I broke the clutch perch and it sat under my rear stairs all winter with a foot of snow on it and it still started 2nd kick in April. Buggered if I know. Either way after 3 seasons it was due for a new piston, so dropped a new vertex in today. It got dark and started raining, so need to get the plastics and tank on still, hopefully next day or two it'll be firing again Might be taking it to north western pennsyltucky (where 6 fingers is an evolutionary advantage cos you can play the banjo better) to hit some trails at this place http://www.majestictrails.com/trail-map/

Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ View Post
    I wanna buy a little pittie for fucking around on and for my missus to ride, ive got a shitbox 125cc china jobbie that doesnt work well

thinking about a little wheel KX85...would that be safe enough for the missus to ride?
    The Chinese shitta is a pit bike.

Kx85 would be ok but they come on the pipe pretty hard. I dare say if she whiskey throttled it she would be on her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by millsi View Post
    The Chinese shitta is a pit bike.

Kx85 would be ok but they come on the pipe pretty hard. I dare say if she whiskey throttled it she would be on her ass.
    No its not

Its a shit bike

Its run properly for about 30 minutes in the 6 months ive owned it

im about to chuck it in the bin

Ok so its ok for her to ride if she has some self control

I want something that will cart my 100KG ass around when we fuck around on them drunk