After abandoning a project I had an engine, gearbox, fuel system, ecu and few other parts hanging around and went looking for a replacement chassis to put them in.
A couple of thoughts and options later, this ended up in my driveway.
First thing to do, get it on the scales and see how close the internet was to its real weight, complete with 173 6 cylinder motor, 4 speed gearbox but missing a battery and with a bone dry fuel tank.
I was told it wasnít running because of carby issues, I didnít question this but though I would have a quick look at getting it to run so I didnít have to push it around. Turns out it had no spark, throttle cable was disconnected along with a heap of other stuff. So to make it easier to push around, it went from this
And this was sold to some Commodore loving person
Since I had an empty engine bay, it was time to see how the engine fitted in
Note that the lower section of the sump had to be removed to clear the reinforcing bars on the K frame.
With the booster and master cylinder removed, I could fit the inlet and exhaust manifolds.