Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
Results 751 to 762 of 762

Thread: Bought an R34 Sitar today

  1. #751
    Formerly a stupid_cunt fly510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sydney, now London
    Posts
    5,876
    i spent a fair bit of time talking to the MCA guys at WTAC yesterday about my 34. They were pushing me hard to the reds even though I told them i was keen on golds. My use case is similar to what you guys were mentioning above but with less power.

    what brakes do you have on this thing?
    RB26......................Again

  2. #752
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ burn is weird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    gold coast
    Posts
    1,761
    the reds are basically a mass produced item whereas the golds are all hand made custom orders. I believe they have basically the same valving in them, so unless you are chasing external reservoir versions for endurance stuff the reds would basically do the same job and a fair bit cheaper.

    brakes are 380mm Alcon CR6380 6 pots on the front and a 350z 350mm rear rotor with the stock 2 piston caliper spaced out. using Carbotech XP10 pads (squeally but great).
    Last edited by burn is weird; 14-10-18 at 05:01 PM.

    Oo___oO


  3. #753
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    bm
    Posts
    4,660
    Have a nice set of pss9s if you want something nice

    If going mca fork out for the golds
    Last edited by fatz; 14-10-18 at 05:16 PM.
    Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

  4. #754
    Formerly a stupid_cunt fly510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sydney, now London
    Posts
    5,876
    Quote Originally Posted by fatz View Post
    Have a nice set of pss9s if you want something nice

    If going mca fork out for the golds
    I did consider the bilsteins but think it’ll go with the mcas and give it a bday with a few new bits.

    Quote Originally Posted by burn is weird View Post
    the reds are basically a mass produced item whereas the golds are all hand made custom orders. I believe they have basically the same valving in them, so unless you are chasing external reservoir versions for endurance stuff the reds would basically do the same job and a fair bit cheaper.

    brakes are 380mm Alcon CR6380 6 pots on the front and a 350z 350mm rear rotor with the stock 2 piston caliper spaced out. using Carbotech XP10 pads (squeally but great).
    Alcons nice. Did you manage to find a kit new?

  5. #755
    Registered User clutch-monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    4,766
    Quote Originally Posted by fly510 View Post
    i spent a fair bit of time talking to the MCA guys at WTAC yesterday about my 34. They were pushing me hard to the reds even though I told them i was keen on golds. My use case is similar to what you guys were mentioning above but with less power.

    what brakes do you have on this thing?
    are the reds the mid range ones?
    i had the reds on a near stock e36 M3. loved them. transformed the car.
    i have golds on the FC rally car. also love them. fucking fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

  6. #756
    Formerly a stupid_cunt fly510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sydney, now London
    Posts
    5,876
    Reds (I believe) are the top of the pile of the mass produced units before moving to fully custom built Murray made golds.

  7. #757
    cunning linguist lickmyleftone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt Cotton
    Posts
    4,410
    What sort of $ are the Reds?
    The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

    when all else fails, hit it harder.

  8. #758
    Opens
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    9,331
    I'd buy golds solely to avoid interactions with Josh.

  9. #759
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ burn is weird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    gold coast
    Posts
    1,761
    2900 I think

    Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk

    Oo___oO


  10. #760
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    bm
    Posts
    4,660
    Quote Originally Posted by tim510 View Post
    I'd buy golds solely to avoid interactions with Josh.

    Lol so true
    Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

  11. #761
    Formerly a stupid_cunt fly510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sydney, now London
    Posts
    5,876
    Quote Originally Posted by burn is weird View Post
    2900 I think

    Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk
    yep 2900 for reds. cheapest option was $1700 i think. I assume golds are 7k+?
    RB26......................Again

  12. #762
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Wrong.
    Posts
    7,079
    Quote Originally Posted by tim510 View Post
    I'd buy golds solely to avoid interactions with Josh.
    +1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosshoggett View Post
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •