Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Bought an R34 Sitar today

Rhd Japan had it on sale for 85000 yen, plus 280 shipping (took like 4 days!).. JPY to AUD was around 100 at the time.

Lots of sellers on yahoo Japan around the 85000 mark. An aus performance shop wanted $1680 for one...

If I had've bought from yahoo and sea freighted it it would have been more like 1k.

For Japanese bits rhd Japan, or for odd stuff like the nismo duct or the greddy oil block adapter, if you have a part number, perfectrun.jp will source anything for you. They've been great.
    Last edited by burn is weird; 19-12-14 at 01:55 PM.

Oo___oO

I have the same catch cans in my lotus, great, simple product.

Good to hear, not many catch cans have a well thought out interior. These look like they'll work better than most and at a great price for a custom made product. usd140 for the dual unit.
    Last edited by burn is weird; 19-12-14 at 01:53 PM.

Oo___oO

Great price on the Quantum's mate. Thanks for the info. I reckon you will be very happy with them.
    The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

when all else fails, hit it harder.

This thread reminds me we need a southside jap muscle meet sometime over the Xmas break
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Interesting looking oil/air seperator.. pretty intrigued to see it plumbed up

Yea, I like the idea of the nismo one, but one for each bank will halve the gas velocity so should do a better job

Being above the rear turbo dump should keep it warm enough to keep moisture and emulsion at bay.
    Last edited by burn is weird; 20-12-14 at 11:11 AM.

Oo___oO

After oil surge and catch can spew issues, fuck it. Do it once do it right. Engine is coming out to fit this Hi Octane sump, quaife ATB front diff, rear head drain line to passenger sump wing, driver sump wing to oil filler cap vent and 1.2mm oil restrictor.

Anyone recommend a Brisbane mechanic? I dont have the equipment or patience to pull the motor at home.
    Last edited by burn is weird; 10-01-15 at 12:37 PM.

Oo___oO

Questions:
    Why do you have random pee samples on a pile of boxes labelled "corrosive"?
    Are you planning on making a pee-bomb?

Haha I got it mailed to my mates work, a pool shop. What's in those jars I have no idea.

Oo___oO

Is that gear new, or did you pick it up second hand?

Sump, coilovers, greddy oil blocks, injectors are second hand. All other stuff is new, some forum bargains some from usa/japan.
    Last edited by burn is weird; 10-01-15 at 02:13 PM.

Oo___oO

I've known Varun from 101 Motorsport Underwood for about 10 years. He takes care of my GTR and knows his shit. Tell him Chris the pest guy sent you.

3341 3790
    0401 376 402

thanks Chris. will give him a bell.

Oo___oO

Opens
    You don't mess around Alex. It'll be awesome when it's all done. Good piece of mind

Purist, whats that? Jason Broadhurst's Avatar
    Are you home in a weeks time A?
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

No mate! Off to the snow in hakuba for 2 Weeks on Thursday, then back to work for two weeks. Will be home again mid Feb. How's africa? You back?

Oo___oO

500+ atw GTR and two weeks skiing in Japan.

Name change to CUNT!

Purist, whats that? Jason Broadhurst's Avatar
    Nah still here dude. I'm home in 10 days for two weeks but then back for another 8 weeks probably. Another swing after that too most likely given how we are in massive demand.

You can leave the car at my place for a tune if you must..
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Hey mate I built a rb30 block 26 head motor for my vl a few years back. Had the same problem filling catch can on load and overflowing everywhere. It had the oil restricors installed with 3 dash 10 breathers to 2l catchcan.
    installed the rear head oil drain return in 1/2" braid to sump,that did Fark all
    The only thing that fixed it was a dash 10 breather line from sump above oil line to the catchcan. No more oil in the catchcan after this. I was always told that it was just to much oil pooling in Head then overflowing out catchcan, but seemed to me there was just too much crankcase pressure. Motor was healthy with good comp and made 650rwhp
    Last edited by cyclone2l; 11-01-15 at 10:08 PM.

Thanks for the info mate, very much appreciated. I am suffering the same fate as I can do 5 had laps at 14psi without even a hint of oil but any higher it starts spitting it out. Ventilating the sump is definitely the answer. I think I'll still do the head drain while the engine is out because its the only opportunity to do it. I can plug it if not needed. Was thinking a small electric oil pump that ran when engine is above 4000rpm pumping back to sump so when the oil stands up at the back of the head under accel it gets pumped forward and down to the passenger side sump. A dash 12 line will run from drivers side sump to oil cap.
    Last edited by burn is weird; 12-01-15 at 01:16 PM.

Oo___oO

Maybe have a chat to Will @ JHH. He built Varun's motor and has built a metric shit load of circuit RBs.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

good start on the catch can out near the rear turbos

have played that game didnt work

you need at least two dash 12 drains with one to the oil filler cap

these vent the pressure that will allow your catch cans to work

Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Tomorrows adventure!

Oo___oO

Fark, I saw that kit and thought awesome! Then checked the price... $355 for that kit.

What made you get the kit over say a AEM or other prebuilt widebands? Just the DIY?

Yes for the DIY.I like playing with stuff, it uses the newer LSU4.9 sensor and, it has built in three channels of thermocouple inputs (I'm running 2, one in each manifold). The display will show both Afr and the thermocouple temps at the press of a button, which is nice. Or digits for Afr and bar graph for say 800-1000 degrees egt. I've also written some code for a PIC-18F microcontroller that reads the serial stream from this tech edge and will produce an output serial stream that uses the innovate protocol.

I am going to run an adaptronic e1280s and it will natively read 4 channels of innovate serial data so I can read in the ecu and log:
    Afr and sensor validity (write zero if invalid),
    The two EGT temps,
    The cold junction temp measured inside the techedge box to perform the cjc (if I dont use the AD8495) compensation of the EGT probes in the ecu.

Ecu will have engine protection logic on Target afr vs actual, EGT(lean cyl condition), windowed cylinder specific knock control, oil pressure and fuel pressure.

Only problem with the thermocouple channels is they use a basic voltage multiplyer circuit with 1% resistors. This may introduce up to 4% error. If this proves true I will probably use two AD8495 chips for the thermocouple inputs instead which are proper TC differential op amps with cjc made for a 10 bit ADC (which the processor uses). Other option is LTC1100.

Will also test multiplexer used in the TE for variability between input signals. Would like sub 5 degree accuracy.

The TechEdge will easily do 50 samples per second to the ecu at 19200 baud, the logging frame is 28 bytes. The display can be set up to 10hz for the digits and 50hz for the bar graph. I'll post the code and details when I get it working.

I haven't bought the adaptronic yet but I have a patch loom by FIELD that I am modifying to make it fully plug and play for when I'm ready.

I could have used an innovate lc2 and a tc4 box but that would cost more, uses the older 4.2 sensor and I've had several innovate products fuck out on me. This way gives me lots of flexibility, and if anything dies I can fix it easily.
    Last edited by burn is weird; 12-02-15 at 08:14 AM.

Oo___oO

Opens
    That's awesome. It will be bloody good when it's all setup.

Opens
    Adaptronic. Jason shared some cool-aid with you?

Quote Originally Posted by burn4005 View Post

After oil surge and catch can spew issues, fuck it. Do it once do it right. Engine is coming out to fit this Hi Octane sump, quaife ATB front diff, rear head drain line to passenger sump wing, driver sump wing to oil filler cap vent and 1.2mm oil restrictor.

Anyone recommend a Brisbane mechanic? I dont have the equipment or patience to pull the motor at home.
    So, dry sumping it then?
    Seriously consider it. It's THE way to make a high hp RB live forever. I crewed for the Berry/Newman guys while they were actively running their cars and after loads of engines going kaput no matter the sump/breather/catch can engineering, all cars got the dry sump and were great and reliable thereafter. Well, no oiling issues anyway.
    The cost of a good dry sump (High Octane kit?) is about equal to one dead engine's rebuild.

The berry mobile would be pulling several Gs in every direction more than this would, and I dont think he pops down to the shops in it?

How does a dry sump system go on a car that does 5000 to 1000km a year? This is my only car. Serious question.
    Last edited by burn is weird; 12-02-15 at 09:44 AM.

Oo___oO