Page 209 of 281 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,270 of 8403

Thread: New MCM series - 11sec subaru build. Bald PFer content.

Quote Originally Posted by LB-XP View Post
    Must be a 5L windsor. Would actually be cheap to build.
    Except fall apart with boost

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Nah bro, it will be fully sweet eh.

You seen the 5.0 Rotsun? Ghetto AF turbo actually goes pretty hard now. Well, until the diff broke anyway.

Registered User schnitzelburger's Avatar
    dat cresta
    Turbo NB MX5: more derp less carbon lightyear clone
    Supra sold it: 1983 MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE + 6spd

ohsdocs.com.au Safe Work Method Statements and other OH&S paperwork for builders and tradies, PF members PM me I'll do you a good deal.

Brilliant episode! I was cracking up throughout the whole thing. Pity about Super Gramps though, it would have given the Supercar a good shake I think.
    Holden Monaro CV8-R
    Lexus IS250

Quote Originally Posted by HSV Senator View Post
    Brilliant episode! I was cracking up throughout the whole thing. Pity about Super Gramps though, it would have given the Supercar a good shake I think.
    4WD, prepped track, and clutch dumps... As as he said I'm going to launch it, I was thinking bye bye supergramps.

Supergramps gearbox replaceable.

Agreed Daihatsu gearbox maybe not. Glad that didnt break!

Cresta dominated. Win.

New MCM series - 11sec subaru build. Bald PFer content.

Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    4WD, prepped track, and clutch dumps... As as he said I'm going to launch it, I was thinking bye bye supergramps.
    Itís done about 20 passes at about 12.5 with a launch more or less like that. Track was super sticky, hence me doing a 10 flat when I accidentally shifted it wrong and only used 2 of the 3 available forward gears.

Supergramps broke two driveshafts, I usually slip the clutch a little so itís not such a big shock load, slipped it on that launch with some handbrake to hold it back but was still too much for it.

Snapped a front and rear drivers side shaft. Al kindly replaced the fronts when he was over recently and I need to do the back and get it back on the road.

That video was fun to make, mod max surprised me with how well it gripped up and the mini torque steers like a demon.

Good times.

Cool episode, I'm kind of surprised the V8 guys were happy to show them bring beaten by the cresta, they're traditionally very funny about that stuff We embarrassed a few V8 supercars in an Australian hillclimb championship in a supercharged formula Ford and they got extremely cranky
    Retard Honour Wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Rob Sloth Young did i ask for your opinion? no. i only want it for a paddock bomb. go play with traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    you stupid fucken imbicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    your are a fucken idiot of the highest level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Nah, their budget probably wouldn't let them make 1000hp which is about the limit for the wheezer block.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMuz View Post
    Cool episode, I'm kind of surprised the V8 guys were happy to show them bring beaten by the cresta, they're traditionally very funny about that stuff We embarrassed a few V8 supercars in an Australian hillclimb championship in a supercharged formula Ford and they got extremely cranky
    But their forte isn't pure straight line speed it's doing lap after lap consistently. It's like a F1 team getting shitty about not doing well in a rally stage on gravel.
    Last edited by MZ21; 14-02-18 at 09:13 AM.

Trying to turn a corner in the Cresta is pretty interesting. It doesnít love it.

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    Nah, their budget probably wouldn't let them make 1000hp which is about the limit for the wheezer block.
    Lol. Windsor blocks fall apart with alarming regularity at 500hp.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

is delicious
    Exactly. Supertaxi isn't the be all and end all of tin top racing. There'll always be something faster.... eventually.

Skid Factory better be up soon
    Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

They won literally every race and then lost to the Cresta, a dedicated drag build, where there is no shame. Also shame doesn't come into it when a major brand like Supercheap wants an opportunity to put their name in front of the most number of people possible. Racing at that level is a business, not a sport. This made great business sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by piss98
    I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

That was a cool little episode.

For some reason I thought/incorrectly remembered the supertaxis ran more MPH than that, like 136-138. Getting the 11 flat out of it on the last pass was pretty bloody good! Circuit slicks are shit on the strip, super tall first gear and plenty of rear camber.

Marty - any idea on the 60' it was running?
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Umm, IPRA guys have the common production blocks falling apart above 500 atmo HP...
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    How good does the VTEC Mini sound?!

Quote Originally Posted by Marty! View Post
    Supergramps broke two driveshafts, I usually slip the clutch a little so itís not such a big shock load, slipped it on that launch with some handbrake to hold it back but was still too much for it.

Snapped a front and rear drivers side shaft.
    Well at least between drag racing against an R35 GTR and now a V8 Supercar, you at least pick worthy causes to explode Subaru drivelines in!
    Are some stronger drive shafts available from some other Subaru or will that just increase the likelihood of blowing up the next weakest link?

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Umm, IPRA guys have the common production blocks falling apart above 500 atmo HP...
    Oh, Hi.

"Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by 2rismo View Post
    They won literally every race and then lost to the Cresta, a dedicated drag build, where there is no shame. Also shame doesn't come into it when a major brand like Supercheap wants an opportunity to put their name in front of the most number of people possible. Racing at that level is a business, not a sport. This made great business sense.
    Yeah I get it and thought it was great, my comment was that it is pretty uncommon is all.
    Retard Honour Wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Rob Sloth Young did i ask for your opinion? no. i only want it for a paddock bomb. go play with traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    you stupid fucken imbicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    your are a fucken idiot of the highest level.

Yeah I get it and thought it was great, my comment was that it is pretty uncommon is all.
    I guess we're lucky there are some imaginative comms people in the Supercars world these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by piss98
    I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

Quote Originally Posted by 2rismo View Post
    I guess we're lucky there are some imaginative comms people in the Supercars world these days.
    We asked supercheap if we could do it. The guys that work on this stuff over there are legends and helped make it happen. Pretty happy the supercar team came to the party as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty! View Post
    We asked supercheap if we could do it. The guys that work on this stuff over there are legends and helped make it happen. Pretty happy the supercar team came to the party as well.
    What's the damage to Supergramps?

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Lol. Windsor blocks fall apart with alarming regularity at 500hp.
    Damm. Must be US horsepower I'm seeing quoted. Or people are forgetting to mention they're using Ford Racing blocks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    Surprised that Mod Max did a 12.9!

Did not see that coming.
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Damm. Must be US horsepower I'm seeing quoted. Or people are forgetting to mention they're using Ford Racing blocks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    The 500hp is US hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    The 500hp is US hp.
    so 200hp in OZ terms right?

Quote Originally Posted by WildZero View Post
    Are some stronger drive shafts available from some other Subaru or will that just increase the likelihood of blowing up the next weakest link?
    You do get aftermarket driveshafts/axles that can handle over 800hp but i'd imagine the 6mt will shit its guts instead...

at least it was just the driveshafts and not the gearbox...
    /csh Racing

Iíd smash driveshafts any day of the week over a gearbag or a diff. I always kept a spare in the back of my old ss ute
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno