Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LSX Tuner - Full of PF goodness

Quote Originally Posted by TRD-MX62 View Post
    Actually I have not purchased any car magazines for the last maybe 7 years or so, most of them are shit with no technical content and can't even get the specs of featured car's correct, let alone interested in "late model turbo stuff" another XR6 turbo yayyyy *snore* ohhh wow a later model GM motor in a GM car *comatose*

I guess that is the world we live in with current modification/hoon law bullshit
    Maybe people prefer magazines about Aussie shitboxes than Japanese performance cars?

Seems like if you don't run 9's with an LSA, you're not trying

Can one of you cunts send me a copy please? No one wants to get it in over here and I feel like I'm missing out.

I was able to find this one easily unlike the first one which was not really stocked in newsagents where I looked (lower North Shore in Sydney). Its a good read, I think these two issues are the only mags I've bought in years!

Actually I have not purchased any car magazines for the last maybe 7 years or so, most of them are shit with no technical content and can't even get the specs of featured car's correct, let alone interested in "late model turbo stuff" another XR6 turbo yayyyy *snore* ohhh wow a later model GM motor in a GM car *comatose*

I guess that is the world we live in with current modification/hoon law bullshit
    Your right,
    Please grace us with pictures of your extensive collection of exotic custom built performance vehicles so that we can lift the standard here.

Im laughing in anticipation

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    Your right,
    Please grace us with pictures of your extensive collection of exotic custom built performance vehicles so that we can lift the standard here.

Attached Images Attached Images  

From his username, sounds like he's got something pretty radical to show you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    Your right,

Never said any of my shit is magazine worthy, turning a discussion about magazine content into one about my shitboxes is just irrelevant trolling / stupidity, Laugh all you like.

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Ok so looking at the LSA specs they run a 1.9 liter blower on them so if you got an LS3 and then fiitted a 2.3 liter blower would that be a better option or would that end up being a lot more $$.
    Whats a "Crate" LSA worth Vs a LS3 plus Magnuson for example?
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Magnusson kit is about the same as a crate LSA ie $11-12k

Never said any of my shit is magazine worthy, turning a discussion about magazine content into one about my shitboxes is just irrelevant trolling / stupidity, Laugh all you like.
    His point is that you're just an internet shit talker and nobody really gives a fuck about what you think. Shitcanning a whole style of car because it's not your thing just spells fuckwit.

I don't like VLs but I like Dimi's habib mobile because it's well built, super clean and super fast. If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    From his username, sounds like he's got something pretty radical to show you guys
    a supercharged 1uz cressida wagon is hardly "radical" but it does have a hectik TRD thermostat that maybe magazine worthy

6/71 kit is cheaper than magnusson/harrop etc. bonus being it makes you feel more manly if you have a small dick
    Hold it flat cunt

Quote Originally Posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
    His point is that you're just an internet shit talker and nobody really gives a fuck about what you think. Shitcanning a whole style of car because it's not your thing just spells fuckwit.

I don't like VLs but I like Dimi's habib mobile because it's well built, super clean and super fast. If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet
    Not shit canning a whole style of car, just magazines that show the same style over and over and over, show something interesting and new FFS!!!

25 schmeckles? Do the safety dance.'s Avatar
    Not shit canning a whole style of car, just magazines that show the same style over and over and over, show something interesting and new FFS!!!
    There are other magazines for that

Geez, you're as bad as the bloke who bought LSX Tuner and whinged that it was full of Commodores and LS motors...

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Magnusson kit is about the same as a crate LSA ie $11-12k
    Ah fair enough! LSA is the obvious answer for the Delica then......

You realise this is a special one-off edition just for LS engines and the different types of cars they get fitted to, right? Of course, I just ensure we rehash the exact same types of stories found in every other magazine, even those ones about how to please your wife's LS1 when it is on its rags and not feeling sexy...

Quote Originally Posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    Ok so looking at the LSA specs they run a 1.9 liter blower on them so if you got an LS3 and then fiitted a 2.3 liter blower would that be a better option or would that end up being a lot more $$.
    Whats a "Crate" LSA worth Vs a LS3 plus Magnuson for example?
    LS9 would be the better option if you're looking for an LSA with a bit more grunt. Otherwise, LS3, cam and 2300 'charger

That's Sir Cunt to you... krisr's Avatar
    If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet
    6/71 kit is cheaper than magnusson/harrop etc. bonus being it makes you feel more manly if you have a small dick
    These 2 are sig worthy, thanks Motherfucker Jones!

Ok next noob question....
    If sticking NA and did the exact same mods to a 6.0 liter as a 6.2 what sort of difference would the end result be. Say cam, zorst, tune on both surely the extra 200cc wouldnt give you much more than 20 rwkw more? Or is there other benefits to a LS3 over the 6 liter.

I guess what im asking is whats the best bang for back in an NA HSV or SS at the 30 to 40 k range?

5kw
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

Wow that should make a huge difference!!! Thanks for that Dale.

Quote Originally Posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
    5kw
    I feel better already. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
    50 internet horsepower
    Bro!
    Hold it flat cunt

The L98 seems to make really good power with usual mods - I'd have expected the LS3 to be even better again but yeah, for some reason they don't seem to make much more ?

Quote Originally Posted by DerekJ View Post
    Can one of you cunts send me a copy please? No one wants to get it in over here and I feel like I'm missing out.
    I would like to thank chuck for being an absolute good basterd, brought a smile to my face and a slight tear to the eye.

Chuck you're a good cunt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	87094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	87095  

Read it on plane to japan. Good shit Marv.

Sad thing is though my ute is good as sold. Guy is picking it up when I get home.

Best money I will ever get for it. Heart says don't sell. Brain says do it faggot.

I blame these magazines for my constant desire for something LS in my life. Is there a sweet spot for what LS Commode to get that dosent have the Displacemant on demand shit or what? I thought maybe a VZ Clubby as it gets the 6 liter but seems A VE SS is better value. Then part of me would like s CV8Z Monaro but there only a 5.7...

Series 1 SS manual gets L98 with no AFM.

Pick of bunch would be E1 clubby. They look good and a little more understated, come with Ls3, big brakes and bogan cred.

Nothing wrong with a L77, just cost more to throw a cam in. Manuals have the AFM hardware but it's disabled in the tune.

I think the last of the monaros had a ls2 if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by brasher; 18-10-15 at 10:09 AM.

From what i remember the CV8Z was a 5.7 but the last HSV GTO coupes got the 6 liter towards the end.
    Too many choices!