Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: my curious case of roveritis.

yeah I'd have loved a 5cyl. td5 with exhaust is the best sounding one i reckon. thats why i dont want to put an exhaust on this cause its 4 cyl

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    I have no idea why they didn't fit the 3.2 ranger/bt50 5 cylinder motor to the upspec models given its the same family as the 2.2 4 pot.
    NIMBY I reckon. The 2.2/2.4 were used in the Transit, the 3.2 wasn't.

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    Don't forget Ford sold Jaguar Land Rover in 2008, so access to the parts bin got a bit limited after that.
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    So curiosity got the better of me and I did a bit of digging into the torque/power outputs of the 2.2 in the regular Defender, vs. the "Autobiography" tuned ones.

Nice of Land Rover to put this info in their brochures and tech guides, but I had to make a new one to combine/compare the two though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Defender 2.2 Autobiog.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	102504

Can see why it would go a bit better...

Had a bit of a chat with my ex-JLR mate about this as well, LoveB you can blank your EGR now if you want to, the tune we flashed is a Euro 2 emissions spec and the EGR is not monitored, so no codes if you blank it off.
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

woohoo. how do I blank it off though? I dont think you can buy blank off plates aftermarket cause everyone had the issue of codes coming up so they had to be tricked to stay open

seeing how this is a bit of safe space...my head says Landcruiser, but inner 8 year old wants a series III / 110 / earlier defender

if these are supposed to be unreliable, what is it that actually goes wrong? my previous daily was a 186 no syncro HK holden ute....so my tolerance is pretty high
    '67 Volkswagen Beetle 1300cc
    '09 VE SS

Quote Originally Posted by Scrad
    You are like some sort of car rapist, Sticking things where they don't belong, and often don't fit nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Crais View Post

if these are supposed to be unreliable, what is it that actually goes wrong?
    Most people that say they are unreliable have exactly zero real world experience with them.

I have had my 88 Rangie for 13 years or so and it has been towed once, when an inlet manifold gasket let coolant out. I would have done a couple of hundred thousand km in it. Our 07 Vogue has gone from 63 000 to 123 000 in the four years we have owned it. Never had a fail to start moment yet.

I think people think they're unreliable because they require a little bit more than simply fuel to keep going.
    Also depends on what people call unreliable, some people assume just because a bit of trim fell off the car is unreliable. Toyota=reliable, even when the late model diesels blow injectors. Land Rover=unreliable because bits fall off them randomly.

Mine caught fire during a river crossing (!), but to be fair that was due to azn previous owner wiring the winch all wrong and causing it to start up and short circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    I think people think they're unreliable because they require a little bit more than simply fuel to keep going.
    Also depends on what people call unreliable, some people assume just because a bit of trim fell off the car is unreliable. Toyota=reliable, even when the late model diesels blow injectors. Land Rover=unreliable because bits fall off them randomly.
    What bits have fallen off your Land Rovers? Just offhand I can't recall anything falling off mine, or my old man's Sport.