Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: my curious case of roveritis.

yeah I'd have loved a 5cyl. td5 with exhaust is the best sounding one i reckon. thats why i dont want to put an exhaust on this cause its 4 cyl

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    I have no idea why they didn't fit the 3.2 ranger/bt50 5 cylinder motor to the upspec models given its the same family as the 2.2 4 pot.
    NIMBY I reckon. The 2.2/2.4 were used in the Transit, the 3.2 wasn't.

B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    Don't forget Ford sold Jaguar Land Rover in 2008, so access to the parts bin got a bit limited after that.
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals

B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    So curiosity got the better of me and I did a bit of digging into the torque/power outputs of the 2.2 in the regular Defender, vs. the "Autobiography" tuned ones.

Nice of Land Rover to put this info in their brochures and tech guides, but I had to make a new one to combine/compare the two though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Defender 2.2 Autobiog.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	102504

Can see why it would go a bit better...

Had a bit of a chat with my ex-JLR mate about this as well, LoveB you can blank your EGR now if you want to, the tune we flashed is a Euro 2 emissions spec and the EGR is not monitored, so no codes if you blank it off.
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals

woohoo. how do I blank it off though? I dont think you can buy blank off plates aftermarket cause everyone had the issue of codes coming up so they had to be tricked to stay open