Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: my curious case of roveritis.

Quote Originally Posted by awdmoke View Post
    Can't you get a shot for that, or is it incurable?
    Incurable. I have 3 Range Rovers and 3 1/2 Series LRs.

red one has a 2.5D non turbo. max speed 90kph lol. slow too.

found and bought in umina beach! dont know if I want to keep it lol I want a td5 90 auto for my wife

haha jesus paolo. you still have the alfa and the mini too?

yes. LOL

You truly are broken. But well done.
    Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

brand new disco sport getting delivered next week. lol

I have added another land rover to the household. lol

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    Nice!

I'd be interested to hearing your thoughts/feelings on the Disco Sport once the new car novelty has worn off a bit.

Coming out of a Defender it'd probably be night & day, but a few Freelander 2 owners have been quite critical of the DS in regards to ride, comfort, interior quality.
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

I quite like it really. I daily the defender but I'll jump into the vogue rangie or disco 4 for a couple of weeks here and there.

between DS and evoque I much prefer the DS. its not as plush feeling as a proper range rover or disco with air sus. but drives very good.

I should have waited for the newer quieter motor. bu tlike you said, coming from a defender this is definitely a luxury car lol

I quite like it really. I daily the defender but I'll jump into the vogue rangie or disco 4 for a couple of weeks here and there.

between DS and evoque I much prefer the DS. its not as plush feeling as a proper range rover or disco with air sus. but drives very good.

I should have waited for the newer quieter motor. bu tlike you said, coming from a defender this is definitely a luxury car lol

Also in other news, considering all my social media accounts is 90% me talking about land rovers or posting them - Land Rover Australia messaged me to say I'm in their list for the 2016 adventure snaps. Which by the sounds of it is they are giving me a car to use here and there for when I do my land rover stuff so long as I take photos and keep promoting them.

Wouldnt say no to that really. haha

Good evening all. I thought there might be an interest in this unit. Here's a pic of a mates RangeRover dualcab ute. it runs a turboed multivalve 80 series land cruiser engine adapted to the original 4speed ZF RR auto & dual rear tyres all the work on the rover was carried out by the owner

from the back

this is his shorty built on a RR chassis note the length of the suspension arms. this is also Toyota powered same engine as RR but using cruiser 5 speed manual

owner built suspension mods

note defender 100 badge

Last edited by roverv8bay; 27-12-15 at 09:17 PM.

Whats going with the hybrid suspension? Did he extend the arms or something?

G'day James W. yes he built new arms & moved them closer together toward the centre of the chassis to give more travel. He does all his own manufacturing for his vehicles in his home garage.

I would like to own them just for lols

G'day Loveb We had the rangie for 2 weeks while in Perth every time we stopped somewhere I would have blokes wanting to know who built it & was it for sale. It is smooth on the road & gets off the lights pretty damn quick for it's size There was a write up done on it in a couple of mags including land rover monthly a pommie mag A side note the car he was driving in the wynns safari was a rangie chassis with a vk commodore station wagon body on it from memory it was powered by a cross flow falcon six cylinder

I built a range rover with a land rover single cab on it with 4'4 p76 motor for a mate in 95 it was a rocket so light with a 4ft long tray on the back the only thing that wasn't factory was the mounts for the body & the motor everything else was bitza land rover defender stuff. it passed blue tagging 1st go
    Last edited by roverv8bay; 29-12-15 at 10:21 AM.

I'd love that 100. Always wanted to do a series body on an RRC chassis. it looks so good

For some strange reason a 1960/70's RAF Landrover is on my Bucket list of cars to own

Like this but LWB and with an RAF roundel

.......and LS1....and modern suspension and transmission.
    1978 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta 1UZFE - Project
    2013 Opel Insignia OPC - Daily
    2011 Hyundai iLoad - Work
    2015 Skoda Octavia Scout premium 132TSI - Mrs

G'day GTREA. keep an eye open around banksia grove for these 2 if you see them wait for the bloke to come back to the car he is happy to chat if he has time.

made did a photoshoot in the states on one. a series 1 with an LS motor lol

Good evening all the owner of these built a shorty in78 with 350 chev he also built a series 1 with a holden 6 bolted to a bw35 out of a valiant bolted up to a transfercase in the 70's he did a range rover with a auto bolted up with the manual rangie manual bolted onto the back of the auto work out the gears in that lot also a very early Toyota coaster bus with a 350 landcruiser gearbox & front diff with mods to the rear diff full 4wd. He also did conversion kits to bolt holden 6's straight into landies as part of his business

been a year since I updated this haha.

defender headlight stalk finally had it. changed to leds. still waiting on headlight stalk.

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    So how many cars are parked on the streets of Mosman these days?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Only 6 lol

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveB View Post
    Only 6 lol
    Cheap storage
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

i bought one of these because i thought they looked cool, i blame paolo directly for this

i have no idea what i'm doing, never done 4wd'ing in my life, never owned a diesel either (patrol and rodeo were petrol)

Bonnet tells me it's a Puma, what year?

Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

i got it from adelaide because i liked the colour and all the ones in qld were silver or black.
    probably gonna sell the 240z to cover for it.
    never been in one before buying it lol. slow but hilarious fun.

Ah, is a 2.4

Bigger intercooler and a tune, they can be less slow, but still somewhat slow.

Can also do this...