Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Z32 300zx Nopics chariot

Cooler piping needs an S bend to catch oil

Drill some holes in those pipes for some cool air and you're golden bro!

So close mate!
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Thanks mate, I feel the same. I never had much love for these things previously but the car has really grown on me
    Love? Or Stockholm Syndrome?

At what point do you say fuckit, strip the baked 90's electronics out of it and throw something modern ECU wise at it?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post

At what point do you say fuckit, strip the baked 90's electronics out of it and throw something modern ECU wise at it?
    baked and broken connectors in the engine bay was a drama on these 15 years ago shudder to think what they're like now. can you get the connectors still?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skompa View Post
    The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post

Definitely not love but most likely some Stockholm in the mix.

I don't think it's connectors regarding the ignition circuit. I checked both of the PTU connectors last night and they look ok and the ecu connector is a bolt on affair that is unlikely to ever come adrift. It has dawned on me that something may have got wet last night while sitting in the rain so I'll delve further this arvo when I get home.
    Given JB and I have recently spent a fair bit of time fucking around in this area removing the alarm and me shifting the original position of the PTU it will more than likely just be a loose earth or pinched wire somewhere. Were this the only one I'm working on I'd definitely go for an Adaptronic or the like but this one does supposedly have a Nistune which should be tuneable to do what is needed. The other blue 2 seater will *definitely* be getting an Adaptronic so I can bin absolutely everything not needed in the wiring loom.

Quote Originally Posted by briney View Post
    baked and broken connectors in the engine bay was a drama on these 15 years ago shudder to think what they're like now. can you get the connectors still?
    I've already replaced or deleted most of the fucked and haggard connectors with new stuff. Z guys are a strange anal retentive bunch so there is demand and supply because they get cooked so regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Please don't take this on a road trip with the missus. We don't need more divorced members on PF.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    I've already replaced or deleted most of the fucked and haggard connectors with new stuff. Z guys are a strange anal retentive bunch so there is demand and supply because they get cooked so regularly.
    ok. sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skompa View Post
    The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by TT View Post
    Please don't take this on a road trip with the missus. We don't need more divorced members on PF.
    I don't think it will end in divorce.

Sketchy in the deadpool thread though is a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by TT View Post
    From what I hear it would be a good thing if his missus ended up single no?

Not sure how I feel about those sorts of jokes man... personally I think pervy jokes about another dudes wife is off limits... even if it is in some way complimentary.... I'm sure you mean nothing by it but just saying....

Iíve never actually met her but it seems to be a running joke in here. Personally I think my joke was in very conservative taste. But hey hopefully Phil is ok with it. #callme

Doesn't faze me much, I know the comments and jokes not posted here are far worse.

I'll feign indignation this time however and use that to bribe you into doing some fab work for me Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Iíll promose you anything. You wonít turn up so Iím safe