Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Z32 300zx Nopics chariot

Not much happened last night, just split the motor and box and got it mounted on the stand.

Tonight's job is degrease of these bits and then a garage clean up. Tools and gear all over the place like a mad woman's shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Smashing through it

That's a fancy pillow you have on your milk crate there
    Past
    74 260z - MOBY
    00 WRX - JARVIS
    09 Z750 - THE Z
    93 Rz Supra - SOUP
    05 Golf GTI
    07 350z Track
    10 Triumph Daytona 675
    73 240z - Red Car

Current

13 BRZ
    04 Liberty GT

My Flickr

MRC Imagery on Facebook

Looks like he stole it from Ahmets

300zx owners...
    Past
    74 260z - MOBY
    00 WRX - JARVIS
    09 Z750 - THE Z
    93 Rz Supra - SOUP
    05 Golf GTI
    07 350z Track
    10 Triumph Daytona 675
    73 240z - Red Car

Current

13 BRZ
    04 Liberty GT

My Flickr

MRC Imagery on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex View Post
    That's a fancy pillow you have on your milk crate there
    Thats my handy dandy wheelie chair. Screwed a couple of castors on the crate, comfy pillow on top and zing about the garage from job to job. Planning on modifying it a little to incorporate a slide out drawer for holding bolts and spanners while sitting on it.

Was quite impressed with the clutch and flywheel in this thing, looks like its been barely used. Flywheel still has the machining marks on it and the clutch has minimal wear on the outer edge of the plate. Once I've checked the clamping force it will probably get called back into action in the new rig (unless I find a nicer one in the black car).

Progressing well mate
    DJ's don't need sigs

Chugging away. Tonight was "the degreasening"

Gave the motor and box a hose down with two cans of Selleys finest BBQ cleaner, wait a bit, then blast with the pressure cleaner.

Much better. Nor quite factory fresh but certainly better than it was.

Removed some more interior as well as reinstalling the cross member and steering so the car can be moved.

Out she goes.

Trying to think of a roulette gag with red and black but I got nothing. Always bet on black? I dunno.

Some musical car jiggery pokery and the black rig is in the garage, waiting for the next round of works. Pull up stumps, time for bed.

Loving the progress this is making

Opens
    guard protectors on the black car stat.

Quote Originally Posted by tim510 View Post
    Indeed. I've needed some forever but always find a reason to not spend the money.

Any recommendations for well priced units?

Opens
    doesn't matter, anything is better than nothing.

I might have a mate interested in the manual box. He just blew an SR box and is looking at converting. Will message him about it.

OT looks like a mint shell for the transplant. These things are quick with cooler/boost wound up, my mates had a decent chop at my 32GTR which made around 400hp atw.

Opens
    When the engine goes in you really want to pay particular attention to the condition of all the vacuum hoses, the coolant lines and sections of the wiring harness. I'd suggest you remove the loom and test it, and clean all the terminals.

You've got plenty of work to do on the ground before that motor can be swung in.

When the engine goes in you really want to pay particular attention to the condition of all the vacuum hoses, the coolant lines and sections of the wiring harness. I'd suggest you remove the loom and test it, and clean all the terminals.

You've got plenty of work to do on the ground before that motor can be swung in.
    This I know. The EGR and water line delete will be the first thing I do, along with replacing every hose I can and possibly even throwing in a S2 harness or motor if budget allows.

buy 2.5 meters of 4mm vacuum hose and same for 6mm vacuum hose.
    Fuel hoses are 8mm - Get 2 meters of appropriate EFI hose.

That will be enough to replace all the stock shit while on the engine stand.

FYI if anyone is looking, just got these from Summit.

http://www.summitracing.com/dom/sear...rder=Ascending

$85 delivered. There's cheaper ones from under $10 individually, but they are half the size and length of these ones which are made for old cars. 1.4m long!

Malakia Industries
    Please for your own sake do a plenum coolant bypass while engine is out.

So this week went to shit in a major way with work travel and other stuff so only got one nights work in.

Bonnet off, pipes dropped, starter off, rad and front of motor gear gone. Loom is also out.

The other car didn't have this. Nifty little removeable panel to assist with engine out and such. Cool.

Ran out of battery juice to take more photos but dropped the gearbox cross member, engine mounts and loosened the steering rack. While under the car started looking closer at a few bits and bobs. Whoever owned the car previously spent some dollars on gear like single peice tailshaft, nolathane mounts and bushes and by the looks of it a pretty trick clutch.

Have hopefully brokered a deal for a heap of S2 gear like engine, ecu and loom plus hks turbo's with dump pipes, ams manis and the like.

Next update should be much more exciting

Removable compliance plate.

Legit
    Quote Originally Posted by lickmyleftone View Post
    I'd do things to her that Tripper hasn't seen.
    As seen on Tinder : "If a Vegan does Crossfit, which one do they mention to you first?"

Had planned to go full tilt at this thing all weekend but like the best laid plans of mice and men that idea got kicked in the dick pretty quickly.

Went out for a downshift cars and coffee lap with RNZ-11S in the e30 and had a ball.

Chopped some proper supercars (gallardos, 997 GT3's, etc) had some excellent battles over the course of the morning with some cool stuff.
    Unfortunately I got too excited and grenaded the engine (again) on the way home. Then while I was waiting for Harun to come back, the poor bastard smacked a light pole in his ls powered rx8. So adding insult to injury we both had to fork out nearly $300 to drag our broken shit home.

I celebrated by taking the wife out to dinner and getting shit faced.

So finally hooked in on Sunday arvo and got shit done. Left the box in and pulled the motor out by itself, did actually make things a bit easier surprisingly.

Once the motor is off its mounts and slid forward an inch or so it's quite easy to get at all the top bell housing bolts.

Turns out the AC is still good so we dropped the compressor off the block and left it connected. Same with the PS pump and alternator. After that and the oil cooler lines were out it was a really simple job to come straight up and out.

Here's the ancillary bits left in the car.

Run out of room in the shed so covered up the motors so I can work on them outside during the week.

Turns out the motor from the red car has had the turbos replaced. Anyone able to shed some light on what spec the turbos are from the serial numbers?

So from here its work out what I have, what I can use and what I need to buy as cheaply as possible.

Anybody want to buy a bmw m20 stroker turbo motor to fund the mods and give me some garage space?

Thats a standard Z32 turbo part number, its good that they have been replaced though. I have always liked these cars, I think they have a lot of potential that is rarely seen due to them being a bit of a pain to work on. I swapped a dett into a non turbo car a few years back and even doing it in an equipped workshop it was a time consuming job. Its nice to see you taking care to do things properly.

Join the E30 enthusiasts Australia facebook group to sell that motor mate.
    Lots of tragics there.

No updates for a while, been crook as fuck with some kind of super flu for a week. Got a little bit done over the weekend before I crashed after my cocktail of flu drugs wore off.

Pulled the turbos off the dead motor. Surprisingly in excellent condition, no shaft play or end float at all.

14 thousand brackets and the complete oil filter assembly later got the sump off. Went to spin the motor over to check the crank and rods, wouldn't budge. Fuck, must have some good compression! Go to pull plugs out, already gone. Oh. Seized like a rusty dick in the bum.

Looks ok from this angle...

Till you look in the sump and the oil. I kid you not, the sump was full of rat droppings. I don't even know how that is possible. The sump was fully sealed when I removed it. There's also some random bits of plastic lying around in there too, no idea where they came from.

So next up is the sump swap (original one has a small hole from the accident) and either grab some AMS engine mounts or take some meat out of the giant Nissan items to give clearance for new intake and intercooler pipes which are a massive restriction in Stock form.

I lost track - new motor or old motor is the one you couldn't turn over? Which one are you using again?
    DJ's don't need sigs

Old motor from the black car is the dead one, obviously blew a hose and previous owner drove it into the ground.

Havent touched the "new" motor from the red one yet, probably wont get near that until tomorrow arvo to clean the rat poo sump and swap it onto the good donk. Going to keep everything stock and just upgrade pipework, fuel system and throw a nistune on it with flex fuel capability. Should be good for 400rwhp on pump, 450+ on E85. Will attempt to track down an NA rear subframe with 4.11 diff gears at some point, apparently one of the best mods you can do on these things.

Holy shit. Exactly a year to the day between update posts, how surprising.

Big updates coming, many purchases made including a previous project donor from another PF'er, Nistune, injectors and all kinds of go fast stuff. This bastard is going to be driving out of my garage before Christmas if it kills me.

Good Read. Following the next few weeks with keen interest!

I'm a vg30 tragic. 10/10 would vg
    caprice nugget.

#500atwlyf