Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Haltech elite..

Quote Originally Posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
    yep its the sport 1000 replacment
    so does that mean the "platinum sport" ECUs are done and they wont be manufactured anymore?
    will it cost about the same as the sport 1000? (how much is a sport 1000?)

Quote Originally Posted by that_guy View Post
    so does that mean the "platinum sport" ECUs are done and they wont be manufactured anymore?
    will it cost about the same as the sport 1000? (how much is a sport 1000?)
    The 1000 and 2000 will continue to be made for a long time yet, the cost of a 1500 will be around 400-500 more than a 1000

RRP on the elite 1500 is $2295 with 8ft loom or $1895 ecu only
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

Opens
    Any idea on the next Elite2500 firmware? I need to know the I/O requirements for cruise control.

DBW x 2

RRP on the elite 1500 is $2295 with 8ft loom or $1895 ecu only
    Hi Dale ,
    I wanting to buy a ELITE , but a Need to operate a DUAL DRIVE BY WIRE throttle bodies ,has Haltech got something in the pipe line ? Can i get around the problem by using a OZMO Engineering Twin Throttle Body (TTB) Controller -http://www.ozmoengineering.com/products/twin-tb-controller ?

Just wondering your thoughts ?

cheers Cam

Anymore info available on the Elite 1500 yet? For my application it's either that, or the AEM Infinity-6.

Quote Originally Posted by tim510 View Post
    Any idea on the next Elite2500 firmware? I need to know the I/O requirements for cruise control.
    cruse control has not been finalized yet, but will at minimum require brake switch, arm button, set/up and down buttons
    im a cunt

Quote Originally Posted by sssgtr View Post
    Anymore info available on the Elite 1500 yet? For my application it's either that, or the AEM Infinity-6.
    what do you need to know, specs are identical to the elite 2500 but with only 4 ignition and 4 fuel injector outputs, inputs are the same, general outputs are the same etc..
    im a cunt

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_Datto View Post
    Hi Dale ,
    I wanting to buy a ELITE , but a Need to operate a DUAL DRIVE BY WIRE throttle bodies ,has Haltech got something in the pipe line ? Can i get around the problem by using a OZMO Engineering Twin Throttle Body (TTB) Controller -http://www.ozmoengineering.com/products/twin-tb-controller ?

Just wondering your thoughts ?

cheers Cam

i have tested it and it works perfectly fine using 2x 90mm ve commodore throttle bodies, yes some people say its no good etc and haltech will say the same but it works and works fine, use 1 position sensor from each throttle body etc.. ive got BA falcons running around that have done over 100,000km running twin stock throttle bodies and only using the signal wires in 1 throttle body..

but yes you could use that controller no problems at all if you wanted to,
    im a cunt

i have tested it and it works perfectly fine using 2x 90mm ve commodore throttle bodies, yes some people say its no good etc and haltech will say the same but it works and works fine, use 1 position sensor from each throttle body etc.. ive got BA falcons running around that have done over 100,000km running twin stock throttle bodies and only using the signal wires in 1 throttle body..

but yes you could use that controller no problems at all if you wanted to,
    Dale ,
    I need to be able to synchronize both throttle bodies , is this a problem on the way you are wiring up dual throttle bodies on the Elite ?

both have the same rest point then a TPS is used in each TB then there is no reason they wont stay synced, if one goes out of sync it will throw the light and shut the motor down
    im a cunt

the elite 1500 will be perfect for me if its the same as the 2500. Thanks for sharing Dale.

yep all the I/O is identical to the 2500 just 4 less ignition and 4 less injection drivers
    im a cunt

In the latest tech speaking video, they are talking about bump function with line lock and transbrake. I get the transbrake part, but when you are pulsing the signal to the line lock solenoid so it bumps in, how are you keeping brake pressure up? Or can you only bump it once before pressure on fronts equalises back?

What a cool car that is lol, we pluse the trans brake soloniod not the line lock
    im a cunt

Registered User Dr Felix Wankel's Avatar
    Great thread! I'm looking for a new ecu to upgrade my LT10s for a rotary application. Main reason is for flex fuel tuning. Is the Elite 1500 to suit rotary engines availiable yet? Happy to use a PS1000 but would rather go one better if possible.

Yes I can supply one with rotary firmware.. We have 3 or 4 running on elites now
    im a cunt

Awesome. Found an adaptor plate to suit my FD manifold which will allow a DBW throttle body to be installed. Might be the first RX3 to use one!

I use ve commodore throttle bodies on them
    im a cunt

Just spoke to the tuner/engine builder and he is reluctant to use a Haltech on a rotary. Says he has had a few issues with them in terms of reliability. Any truth to that or do I look for someone else?

Unregistered User Permit Roadsailing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Felix Wankel View Post
    Just spoke to the tuner/engine builder and he is reluctant to use a Haltech on a rotary. Says he has had a few issues with them in terms of reliability. Any truth to that or do I look for someone else?
    good call. so what engine does he want to use the haltech on instead?

Lol well played

Opens
    Lol good show

Lol hat tipped
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Quote Originally Posted by Roadsailing View Post
    good call. so what engine does he want to use the haltech on instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Felix Wankel View Post
    lol look for someone else...

there is 2 elite 1500's and a elite 2500 running perfectly on 13b's in sydney now for one of my customers and we are just finishing off a TT 13b with a elite 1500 and drive by wire at the moment..
    im a cunt

Not that I would really do this, but what's the cheapest way to get aftermarket EFI on a Gen I small block? I mean for the actual injection equipment, not the Haltech part..

That's Sir Cunt to you... krisr's Avatar
    When I did my old mans Pontiac wagon (gen 1 SBC 350) I think I was about $750 out of pocket in the end (build thread in the street cars section somewhere). If the OCD factor wasn't at play it would have been around $500 as I had to tidy up all the old mans previous work over the years. But I already had the ECU (megasquirt-2), spare injectors from LS1, the throttle body was "donated", the intake was heavily discounted and I did all the work myself including the street tune with my spare wideband but it now runs in closed loop using a cheaper narrowband. If you're looking for a cheap intake & TB that works on a stupid tight budget, just get procomp ones. You'll have to "finish" them up in terms of a lick with a die grinder here and there on the intake and probably adjust the stops on the TB, but other than that they worked fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Not that I would really do this, but what's the cheapest way to get aftermarket EFI on a Gen I small block? I mean for the actual injection equipment, not the Haltech part..
    cheapest and easiest is to find a second hand early corvette manifold..
    im a cunt

Opens
    Bumping this thread.

I need some help Dale

I am on the home straight with my wiring on the car. Only getting an hour or two a week makes it hard.

Setup Question 1:

Transbrake / Launch Control.

What is the best way to do this? Is launch control used when building boost on the transbrake?

Currently I have it wired like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tbrake solenoid.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	84737

Setup Question 2:

Nitrous.

I am looking at wiring it to accommodate a dry nitrous system for the future. System will consist of a purge with a single gas solenoid.

In order to control this, the ECU needs to know when it has been 'armed' and then can operate the nitrous within the set parameters?

The 'armed' input would be a Digital input?
    The 'active' output would be a PWM to trigger the solenoid relay.

What is the other 'Arming Enable' option ? Is this for a light or something?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nitrous haltech.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	84736

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tim510; 02-07-15 at 11:53 AM.