Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1280

Thread: Open Wheeler Toy

Yes there is accel. pump adjustment in the ECU. We are very confident that is not the issue.
    " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Hi Roy,

I'm really looking forward to seeing some video of this thing used in anger.
    With respect to your flat spot, are you seeing the mixtures go lean at the point when you crack the throttle? I'm not sure that injector position is your problem, perhaps it's the angle/spray pattern of the injectors? Could the fuel be spraying onto the walls of the plenum/runner and giving poor atomisation?
    I previously had a turbo charged engine with outboard injectors and found that it was very sensitive to changes in ignition timing and fuelling as the manifold pressure rose, it took quite a bit of work to get the hesitation out of it but I got there in the end.

Spray angle was another thought that was considered.

Does anybody know what the pattern looks like for BA falcon injectors?

disappointingly, I've not noted whether it goes lean at that point, I will endeavour to check that the O2 sensor agrees, it feels like leanout rather than rich. Indeed Ben took fuel out of the map on monday and the flat spot didn't change. Viv had been generous with fuel everywhere.

It's just trying to bring the thing off idle, the first few mm of throttle travel and if there is any load on the engine as the revs drop it stalls. Of course stalling this thing is not like stalling any other vehicle......someone, please, bring my starter motor

Does the Megasquirt do data logging? The remote mounted starter motor is certainly a problem, I reckon some data from repeated stalls will quickly identify the problem.

Opens
    is the TPS calibrated?

I don't believe Microsquirt datalogs.

Honestly I don't know if the TPS is calibrated, but I do trust that if that needs to be done then Viv will have done it and Ben will have confirmed it is as he would expect it to be.

I don't know everything, but I do know who I trust, and I trust those guys.

Oh! I actually did a bunch of work on this thing in the last couple of days, indeed at the end of today the "to do" list that was drawn up at the end of last year has actually been completed!

I intend borrowing the scales again and rechecking cornerweights and alignment since I've split the car at engine and gearbox, I hope and trust nothing has changed but better to be certain.....

Car loaded on trailer, trailer on truck everything fueled and I think ready to go........

First Hillclimb of 2019 tomorrow, this season there will be 2 of us using the car, I'm hoping I've remembered everything and we have a smooth day. I'm having a little anxiety, because David is driving the car as well, my preparation of it must be good enough that there will be no issues with twice as many runs. It is also his entry money I'm putting at stake if the car fails at any point. Rationally, I know I worry to much, but.......

I really suspect that very soon David will be driving the car faster than I. I've never held my driving in very high regard and he jumped in the little green car on a horrible wet day and finished the day barely a sec. slower than my best time. I believe he has some talent as a driver.

Lets see what tomorrow brings....

WOFTAM Bloody timing gear didn't work, 2 untimed runs and the day was abandoned after much waiting around...WTF Collingrove is one of the oldest tracks in Australia and the timing gear doesn't work? Unimpressed.

And to add to the pain the car has developed a miss?

Unlucky... the timing gear is relatively new also. I remember getting 10 runs during a Friday practice, was awesome.

Sent from my VS Commodore eurovox headunit using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Daily: Honda Civic EK1 Hatch

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Oh, and I also had another competitor in my ear about having no sides on the cockpit, again, he had mentioned it to me last year "it's for your own safety".

If I was concerned about safety I wouldn't fucking be here!

I'd mentioned it when the car was inspected for it's log book and he just said "if it becomes an issue just stick some coreflute on"

So I purchased a sheet of clear PETG this morning, and will be riveting that on the sides of the car.....

I had a look at spark plugs looking for a miss but nothing is obvious.

I'm thinking about removing the intercoolers to try to improve response, at 6 psi they aren't doing a lot anyway. Indeed I'm half tempted to remove the turbos even, I do wonder if the car would be much nicer to drive without them....

Jeez what happened to the good old stopwatch or similar for timing!

When you want reliable timing to 100th of a second a hand held stopwatch just doesn't cut it, the largest motorkhana in Australia is timed using hand held stopwatch, the margin of error could mean any of the top ten could potentially be the winner.....

Meanwhile in the shedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0907.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	110867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0906.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	110866

Looks good! My comment re: timing was more I would like to run timed on a stop watch as opposed to not running at all!

Yeh, we were not even getting our times, so couldn't compare runs at all.

Geez that PETG is handy stuff, drills and bends nicely and once installed you can kick it and it just bounces straight back into shape! I like that it hasn't changed the transparent nature of the car much.

I wonder if in a thinner form it might work as a wrap on foam wing sections? I love finding shit like that and learning how to use it.

When someone local is selling a complete damaged 1300 cc motorbike, $1500...Hmm make a handy hillclimb car, shaft drive, just need a little old Subaru diff etc etc.....Nooooooooo!!

My dream machine if I had the money and a younger body that could handle the fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2zsvdAb7-U so much bang for buck IMO.

I have this which is motor cycle engine powered (Honda 954 RR)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front2.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	110940

Enough with that. I'm trying to remain steadfast on the path I've already embarked upon, Big Open Single Seater not Bike Engined Car.

I moved 3 injectors to the original placement yesterday, that made no discernable difference, bugger, I was hoping that would be the answer.

Looks great....curious to see for how long though? What the scratch resistance like?
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

It's the same stuff as PET bottles, seems pretty good....