'93 6SPD T04Z UZA80 Supra
    '97 5SPD Corolla RallyX Shitbox

PF F1 SuperBru Tipping Champion '15 & '16

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zorst 001.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	81287

I managed to get further with the exhaust tonight, I couldn't find a 2" Vband clamp so used a 1 1/2" plumbing joint instead ! It is a little smaller in inside diameter but I don't expect it will be an issue. I still need to graft the 2 oxygen sensors onto the exhaust somewhere.

Name:	zorst 003.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	81288

Brake plumbing on the LHR, I didn't feel like shelling out $30 per side for new hoses, so I scrounged around and used the rear hoses from the Echo and a pair of rear hoses from a derelict Magna lying about the place, joined with a short steel section.

The top radiator hose and coolant pipe are also visible, I've just got one more join to do before that is complete. Getting closer

I managed to fit the 2 oxygen sensors this evening and then made the first driveshaft. The driveshaft angles are suboptimal but it is the trade off for putting the gearbox as low as I can ?

I'd like to get a clear day to have a good run at getting it going, but I've got bills to pay and plenty of work needing done at the moment so I can only get to it in what little spare time I find.

If in the original installation there's a cataclysmic converter between the oxy sensors you might find it throws a code and goes into limp mode without the cat there...
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Ah, an astute observation Gammaboy, but one that I had already canvased with 'my man', for he knows infinitely more than I.

He expected it may effect the way the ECU goes into a closed loop mode, but little else. There was even thought of deleting the rear one altogether.....

On my mothers Echo I've knocked a hole through the Cat. and it doesn't seem to have effected anything at all...

So, not anticipating any issues.

I got a bit done today before the weather got disgustingly hot and I gave up.

finished plumbing the brakes and clutch, bled them up, using a broomstick to operate the pedal for the rears and clutch !

Tidied up the last little earth strap in the wiring and jury rigged an accelerator cable.

Finished the plumbing for the radiator and filled that.

I'm actually waiting on 'my man' to finish with the selector end of the g/box and for me to get onto the lathe and create the last driveshaft and then it should be driveable.

The weather is predicted to be hot, so it will probably be Monday evening till I do anything.

Getting keen to give it a squirt up the driveway....

IT LIVES !

I got the driveshaft sorted, and my man came good with the back of the gearbox early in the evening, just enough time to get it together drop some oil in the box and give it a squirt up the driveway !

Not perfect, but, very much fun...

Good work! I bet even with a quick squirt up your driveway you can feel the power to weight advantage!

So good Roy, can't wait for vids
    DJ's don't need sigs

fuck me youre motoring along with this

makes my little side project look like absolutely utterly not happening!
    Mit freundlichen Gre

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Duckworth View Post
    "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Having not stepped inside the shed, for what seems like an eternity, I finally found a few minutes to do something.

So much to do, so little funds ! I'd had the alloy for the side panels cut "to size" so I clamped it to a piece of 4" steel tube and wrestled a 90 degree curve along a long edge ( bottom edge) turned out lovely. I just need to trim it to fit neater and sort out mounting it. Sadly I ran out of steam at that point, and determined that I needed some stainless self tappers before I could continue.....

I did also contemplate the ignition/ starter switch....that also came to little....

Name:	sides 001.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	81736

Name:	sides 003.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	81737

Name:	sides 006.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	81738

So that is what it looks like with the alloy sides, a little slab sided but considering the tiny amount of work that went into them I'm quite pleased.

Self tappers, I hate them. So I decided I would just go with rivets ( I don't like them much either ).

I think once painted and with a white roundel and a number they will look just fine. I suspect the nose cone will be improved with the pink stripe ! and again a roundel and number.

Great, I managed to find a little time to get down to the shed and do a little.

I trimmed the alloy sides to size.

Made a 'key' to operate the original Toyota ignition switch (which has been removed from behind the heavy barrel and column lock assembly) and fitted that to the dash.

I made a little joining piece to join the Magna throttle cable from the pedal to the Echo throttle cable on the engine.

I then started on the firewall/seat back which of course ties onto the alloy side, having done that I was a little concerned that the throttle cable could be snagged on harness or overalls so I made a little panel to guard that. Which may also form the side of the seat in a fashion. I got one side ready to be riveted together and decided it was hot enough to call it a day for today.

Pleased with progress and looking forward to using it in anger.

Name:	paneling 001.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	81970

Name:	paneling 004.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	81971

Nothing more done, just a couple of photos of where I'm up to.

Progress is slow at the moment, I've plenty of paying work to be getting on with and that is being slowed down by a lack of a work truck at the moment. Still, nothing to do but keep on keeping on.....

Way back at post 57 I alluded to 'evil plans afoot'

In a couple of weeks I'm expecting to take delivery of a Mazda K8 engine.

That is the worlds smallest capacity production V6. In standard configuration they are limited to 7500rpm but a look at the construction and materials suggests that at least another 1500 rpm should not bother the integrity of the unit.

You can see where I'm going here, I will probably shy away from messing with the 4 cams if I can avoid it, and just add a couple of turbos to try to keep it breathing to the higher limit. hope.

I'm sure a later model Subaru box will cope with the resultant, not rampant hp.

This would be awesome with a little V6!

Yeh I thought that also, even if it adds a few Kg the Kw will compensate more than enough !

Should be able to double the Hp/ kg of this car, 400hp per tonne ?

That would certainly get it moving

Still slow/no progress.

I've procured another truck for work, so it is priority at the moment, getting all of my tools and equipment stowed onboard.

Meanwhile I've also acquired a hydraulic handbrake, so I'll need to mount and plumb that before I go to much further.

My Mazda K8, will not be delivered as soon as hoped, but that is of no consequence at this point in time.

Patience is a virtue, apparently ?

Finally took some time today to do a few things to the little racer, actually disinterred it from the debris and leaf litter that was threatening to envelope it. Adjusted some things that I wasn't happy with in the front end and gave it a rough wheel alignment, then fitted up the hydraulic handbrake. I'm not sure if I'll retain that, the lever gets in the way when entering or exiting the vehicle. I'll probably wait till I've finalised the battery before making a decision.

I dropped a battery into the Porsche and kicked it in the guts, after pressure cleaning a heap of dust, crud and clearcoat off, I took it down to the servo and put some fuel in it, on the way back up the hill I opened the taps and let it go. I don't know why, but, it was more lively than usual, hit a double tonne going uphill!

I had been toying with the idea of replacing it with a 6 series BMW, but it can stay a while longer.....

I was feeling a little uncertain about progress, so I asked a CAMS scrutineer to come and have a look at what I'd done. He is pleased with progress. So expect to see things move along again soon.

A sense of relief and vindication, onward and upward.....

Still slow progress, I've bought 2 Peugeot 306 Diesels in the last few weeks, put the "finishing" touches to my work truck, started cutting the firewood for winter and the racecar I'd given away has found it's way back to me, while the owner is in hospital.....?

Still, I did manage to get the roll hoop bent up and welded onto the car, I need now to purchase a harness and get that fitted, I've ordered springs for the front end, but still need to organise a seat of sorts....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	078.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	83479

Oh! and the driveshafts are failing so I'll be needing to sort that out to.

Malakia Industries
    The CV angle looks pretty big and would only get worse with a driver in it. Could you lift the back of the box or something?

Yes, driveshaft angles are suboptimal, there was a showdown between Centre Of Gravity and Driveshaft Angle. Driveshaft angle lost. Ultimately I'd turn the gearbox upside down, dry sump the engine and sit everything lower but alas budget says No No No....

The driveshaft failure is due to MIG welding the shafts together, it will hopefully be sorted by TIG welding, failing that, it will be custom billet shafts. budget says Oh No...

Woo Hoo...... I picked up the springs for the front end and installed them, that brought me to checking the wheel weights, once I'd got them equalled up I popped the scales under the rear wheels. They came up equal straight up, scary!

But having done that I had some accumulative weights, and they weren't very big, 130 kg on the front axle and 220 on the rear ! That's a total of 350 kg and with me in it will bring it to 425kg. That is the weight I was hoping to hit without me.

To say I'm stoked is an understatement.......

Yay I got to drive the car today, what a difference a lack of weight makes to the way the mundane, standard 1.5 litre Echo engine reacts, wonderfully tractable and potent !

Name:	nearly there 002.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	83546

Ah yes This would be what you're looking for, sadly it has been raining overnight and the shed has flooded, making an unpleasant mess.

Name:	nearly there 006.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	83549Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIMG1071.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	83550

Of course the Hideous paint job is inspired by the Mini.