Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Yohoes R32 GTR

Yohoes R32 GTR

So a mate wanted to move house and bought my ute (yes literally that happened).. and I figured since work pays for me to have a ute, I dont really need a form of reliable or practical transport..

Something with 480whp seemed like a good decision?
    Last edited by yohoes; 05-07-14 at 11:25 AM. Reason: linking pictures on my phone is harrrd

I split this because multicar in single threads be gay.. And well, cause GTR. Anything further?
    your former friendly cambodian dictator

Hot

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Nice. More photo's needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Also more info. Looks sweet!

Are you bringing this to SC5 this weekend at Collie?
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Smoke em if you got em! LINCOLN's Avatar
    More please.

Such a nice number.

Like +1.
    The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

when all else fails, hit it harder.

Fuck when I saw this thread I thought I mustve made it when I was drunk haha.. Im having trouble with the Photobucket app on my phone Ill post up some details and pics soon

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rust View Post
    Are you bringing this to SC5 this weekend at Collie?
    Nah dude.. its locked and loaded for Racewars though.. yea I realise thats in 6 months haha

Im hoping to get a run at the strip soon

Ok so I'll start my story.. when I was 22 I thought buying a GTR would be a really dumb idea - obviously I went and looked at heaps of them, realised they're all buckets of shit. Found what I still think is the cleanest 32 I've ever seen, bought it.

* Bonus, there's my old daily driver HSV VS Manta in the background on chasers.. I rolled around with 18s on the front of that for at least 18 months. Fuck yes.

I sold it about 4yrs later as I no longer had multiple cars at my disposal and just wanted a cruiser.. bought a SS ute and dropped bulk skids for a couple years..

Dude I sold it to rolls like this now.. with a GT35R + 264 cams on it, makes ~540whp.. happy it went to a good home!

After a while, I realised I was dead inside - and I decided I wanted a 32 GTSt and I'd chuck a RB25 + Garrett 3076 and do more skids.. then realised buying just a clean 32 GTS shell was a hard task because they were worth like 5k and dumb fuck P platers bought them, and fucked them.

Anyway.. my best mate saw someone post up a carsales add on Antilag looking for more info on a 32 GTR.. so I thought I'd better go take a squizz before someone else does

Rocked up the next morning to take a look.. got the guy to start the thing up to back it out of his garage

Heard the filthiest fucking cold start idle I've heard from a Jap car, and just thought, 'fuck I guess I'm buying this'.

It came with a 7thou km old built 26.. with a Tomei pump, some forged shit, and 282/282 cams which sound so very awesome.. I'll do a youtube video of it or something

Vipec ECU, with a switch to turn on antilag + 2step launch + rotational idle.. tuned at Allstar

HKS 2530 turbos, Mines dumps, (dunno the Y pipe brand), Trust exhaust

Tein Flex coilys (were told they were Superstreets)

Work Meister M1 3piece 18x10.5+17 wheels, 255s front and 275s rear.. 255s do not fit properly on 10.5" rims as a side note.. swapped them out for 265s pretty quickly

..yep thats how it came, made 480whp on BP98 at 18psi

Pretty good base..
    Last edited by yohoes; 17-11-14 at 09:20 PM.

Fuck that's a sexy looking beast. Shopping list sounds good too.

First thing I did was put 265s on the front, since 255s are a bit too hellaflushyoloswag for me..

I also noticed he bushes in the front upper control arms were fucked, I tried to buy some really baller complete arms from UAS but the cunt strung me along for weeks that they'd be in stock next week/the week after/etc.. so I decided to just buy something from overseas.. bought these from Z1 in the States (they were still pretty exxy) but I ordered them drunk on a Friday arvo and received on Tuesday morning

Didn't fit them straight away because I'm lazy

Very nice.....the manta i mean ! When are you going to put e85 through this beast?

So jealous.

Then I was going for a nice Sunday morning drive with my nopics. I went to casually overtake 2 cars in the left lane; I was in 2nd @ 4000rpm and thought I'd give it a quick squirt and coast 3rd back down to the limit.. so the thing lit up savage as fuck, and unintentionally go curb to curb a few times. Pretty fun if you're expecting it.

However, now my missus is really scared of the car, so I thought the best course of action was getting drunk again and buying more shit.

If you're reading this you'll see that this is a common way that I buy things, it's also the reason I own more than 25 pairs of Air Max Nikes.. when I say 25, I'm being literal

I sold VS Manta #13 to this dude in Rocko/Kwinana shortly after I bought my first 32

Bumped into him earlier this year in Northbridge at a hiphop gig, he still owns it and gave me a drunken bro hug. He said it dropped a valve at some point so he got the motor built.. I didn't tell him I did 50thou km's of mostly donuts in my ownership.

I ordered a sweet Personal Nardi wheel from America I think, since once again Australian suppliers don't like taking my money. Can't remember if I was drunk when I ordered this.

I also ordered a GKtech little air guide thingo that goes over the grill so air goes into the radiator, which I presumed I need. Drunk for this.

Ok so here's the part where I make the car safe. For a really old, overpowered, overcomplicated piece of shit. Also by safe, I mean I upgrade a safety feature while also making it less safe in a different way.

These are pretty sweet bits of metal

These are Evo X sized DBA's.. look how they barely fit under my 18s

These are poorly re-painted Brembos off some guys Evo 9 that he wrote off.. they look pretty big but I'm sure I'll be fine since I have "R Disk" Work rims which are for maximum caliper clearance *remember this part

Red brakes, no deal.

Silver brakes, heaps more of a deal.

I also bought (and waited fucking ages for) a new R32 GTR Vspec brake master cylinder which is 1 1/16" compared to the tiny 1" one that comes stock.. I presume that 1/16" makes a difference in some way.. probably not

Plus some QFM A1RM pads + same/same for the rears + braided lines

Flying car, beat that

Whiteline, despite being in Australia actually let me buy stuff off them! Some bars and some links and some yellow things.

I'll dribble more shit another time, I'll just chuck up these photos which I'm sure would've sufficed instead of the yarn I've just spun y'all.

If you squint you can see ND4SPD in the background, which looks like my car but has 2.5x the power

I just want to say I did not dent that guard, apparently it happened when the guards were rolled

This looks fucking nice mate.
    Rims really suit it as well.
    Look forward to seeing this at racewars.

Pretty much perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Registered User schnitzelburger's Avatar
    Turbo NB MX5: more derp less carbon lightyear clone
    Supra sold it: 1983 MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE + 6spd

ohsdocs.com.au Safe Work Method Statements and other OH&S paperwork for builders and tradies, PF members PM me I'll do you a good deal.

As tasty cakes go, this is a particularly tasty one

Smoke em if you got em! LINCOLN's Avatar
    Let me buy your wheels!!!!!

Today you, Tomorrow you. tomvale13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post
    I'll dribble more shit another time, I'll just chuck up these photos which I'm sure would've sufficed instead of the yarn I've just spun y'all.
    I for one am enjoying said yarn..

nice ride too.

I am finding myself wanting a 32 GTR again reading this.

Has always been on the list of must own cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Cheers for the positive comments! Awesome to hear people like 32's..

Sketchy - id recommend buying one if youre ready for the pain.. judging by the 300zx project and the Benz, id say youre a prime candidate hahaha.. I reckon its worth the headaches

Photobucket still is not letting me upload photos from my phone but I have an RDO today so ill have a chance to dribble the rest of the adventure so far