Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Yohoes R32 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Looks tidy as fuck

Just wait for a dyno day at one of these disney dynos, instant 500hp increase.
    Yea i probably will at some point..

At the moment i just want it to make me giggle again when i give it full piss.. dont give a fuck whether the dyno says 300 or 3000..

Doesnt change lanes on the throttle since splicing a digital g force sensor into the 4wd system.. if it gets loose again on 275s with the 4wd working properly, ill be laughing hysterically
    Last edited by yohoes; 03-04-15 at 01:14 AM.

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    nice work, heres hoping no more issues at scrut

have fun at RW (so jelly

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    3x1UZ+1x2UR...

Didn't get to find you today but saw it run. Sounded great.

My clutch pedal went limp and to the floor after an 800m run in the morning yesterday.. pretty sure its a clutch pivot fork or something stupid

Man was that your caged XW running over the weekend? I thought it mightve been, but then thought you said you werent entering?

Ive got a couple videos from the weekend, ill upload them soonish..

Car did antilag launches all weekend, stayed true at high speed, brakes were working awesome.. super happy how it went..

Tristan @ WTF was tuning the car until 2am on Thursday night as the fucking Vipec plug and play board i have doesnt exactly support flex tune.. he had to get an auxiliary harness, and then do 11 seperate tunes; adding 10% ethanol each time (fuck sake) and making up a 5D map.. he is an absolute fucking champion, cannot recommend him highly enough as usual.. car stopped making more power past 23psi, he reckons since the turbos are relatively small + internally gated the setup chokes up with the extra exhaust of the ethanol.. picked up almost 100hp with just e85 and an extra 5ish psi..

First morning at my mates farm.. my workmates pretty rowdy Typhoon

Skylinewars

Typhoon spun off the track at 200kph.. we sorta think he lifted off after it lit up and it bit in and spun him, but he cant 100% remember.. hit some timing gear and dug into the dirt and shit, super lucky not to roll it

Car returning under its own power

ND4SPD

Up the far end of the track with the clutch pedal on the floor haha.. aforementioned Typhoon owner laughing at me
    Last edited by yohoes; 13-04-15 at 11:07 AM.

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Speed and times?
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

You can tell Mr Rusts XW by the way he chirps 2nd...

Who's GTR dropped it's guts?
    1978 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta 1UZFE - Project
    2013 Opel Insignia OPC - Daily
    2011 Hyundai iLoad - Work
    2015 Skoda Octavia Scout premium 132TSI - Mrs

I did a 230-something on a 800m run, i backed off a bit right before the end (wouldve made fuck all difference at that speed i guess) because the Supra next to me had white smoke pouring from the rear tyre (i thought it was de-laminating).. but it was his side pipe lol

I got 2x gopro camera angles of that race ill splice together, it was a sweet run.. pretty much even power between us.. i got incar of another 800m run against a v8 M3 i dunno if theyre just slow or the dude wasnt giving it full piss cos i walked him easily, i think my missus got footage from the side

There was another silver 32R that dropped oil.. i think it was that JT32WA one, my mates on the sideline thought it was mine at first haha
    Last edited by yohoes; 13-04-15 at 01:20 PM.

I remember you getting towed back as I was sitting with Matt RH9 GTR at the time.

There was a silver XW GS racing. Had 7500rpm 347 Windsor.

What's this 800mtr stuff?

We have side by side 800m drag and roll on races.

Yeah ok cool. Roll on would be much bettera for my car that's for sure. Class side by side would lead to boostwheel of death adjustments lol.

Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post
    Tristan @ WTF was tuning the car until 2am on Thursday night as the fucking Vipec plug and play board i have doesnt exactly support flex tune.. he had to get an auxiliary harness, and then do 11 seperate tunes; adding 10% ethanol each time (fuck sake) and making up a 5D map.. he is an absolute fucking champion, cannot recommend him highly enough as usual.. car stopped making more power past 23psi, he reckons since the turbos are relatively small + internally gated the setup chokes up with the extra exhaust of the ethanol.. picked up almost 100hp with just e85 and an extra 5ish psi..
    That is mighty impressive work by Tristan - guys always had a great mind for tinkering.

Jez's 32 lost the sump plug and thus oil. Stopped it before it went bang luckily.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

I heartily endorse his product and/or services! He did awesome work on my previous GTR and has continued to do so with the current owner.

I'd love to go on a rant about the terrible work that led upto my introduction to Tristan, but the other workshop no longer exists.. (FUCK YOU XSPEED YOU USELESS CUNTS)

Anyway here's some rookie videos from Racewars

2x Go Pros outside footage (I spliced it together pretty badly).. versus a Supra..
    If you watch closely -- his rear wiper arm flies up, his bonnet pops up, and his side pipe scares the fuck out of me (thought his tyre was smoking).. decent race til I shit my pants

Apparently 1 video per post

In-car footage 800m with a launch (plus an iffy phone video by my mate)

Couple 400m runs - roll on vs. G6E-T and standing start vs. VE HSV
    Filmed by my nopics, you'll notice I've successfully converted a Pommy chick into a bogan hahaha

Also scared the dude at the tent with a bit of antilag bash
    Last edited by yohoes; 14-04-15 at 10:43 PM.

So yesterday i was poking around to investigate what failed with the clutch setup..

Started the car up.. heard a very faint noise from what i thought was coming the exhaust cam.. pulled the rocker cover off, looked all sweet

Got my mate around to have a listen, he said we'd better cut open the oil filter

Yep specks of metal all through it..

Was hoping it was gonna live a bit longer to give my wallet time to recover but thats never gonna be the case with a GTR

If its just a bearing i might buy a new factory crank and get it slapped back together with a bigger sump with some baffling..

Might have to bite the bullet and go a big single.. its fucking annoying working in the bay with the low mount twins

Faaark.

Sorry to hear that mate. Something we all have in the back of our minds with these motors.

I have never sworn so much, over a 6 hour period, as when I had to replace the rear turbo gasket on my first GTR, in a small carport, with inadequate lighting.

In the middle of winter.

Then they had to go back on the following night.

never again.
    Last edited by lickmyleftone; 10-05-15 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Mornington Imperial Stout
    The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

when all else fails, hit it harder.

That's shit

Ahh GTR life.... Sorry to hear.
    Find your Freedom
    Home Loans | Investment Portfolios
    www.FreedomFunding.com.au

Click here for deal for PF Members

C63s AMG

Video of the typhoon spinning off -
    Kebabhunter

Yea its not the best obviously.. funnily enough my old GTR still lives with its stock 89 bottom end with a 35R on it haha

Its probably overkill but ill get an extended sump, something like the Hi octane one.. especially since its got a Tomei pump.. unless theres a better recommendation.. i saw a place called Racefab in NZ who does one as well

Quote Originally Posted by mrkebabs View Post
    Video of the typhoon spinning off -
    Havent seen that footage before.. Im sure it'll brighten the owners morning when i show him tomorrow haha

I sent you a Snapchat to cheer you up
    some fucken busted ass peice of shit

Hahahahahaha

Over a bottle of cognac and a few valium everything's a good idea.. asked my mate if he was busy this week / how about i just pay you your day rate to pull this piece of shit apart.. i like driving GTRs, not fixing them

Ran out of light.. pics of the inside of a fucked 26 tomorrow!

Found out a bit of unknown shit about the motor.. none of which helped.. no.6 big end bearing had completely welded itself to the crank.. Tomei oil pumps are pretty awesome, didnt realise theyre billet

Also had Eagle H beams fucking lol.. did have ARP head studs.. pistons look ok, cbf looking them up, im gonna chuck the lot in the bin.. im iffy on the block as its o-ringed and we havent measured the bore size, so might need another one

I need to confirm a bit of info but im keen for a full Nitto rotating assembly.. also those fucking low mounts are not going back in, all those factory fucking hard water and oil lines are also going in the bin

Hard work obviously not done by me..

Last edited by yohoes; 13-05-15 at 10:50 PM.

It has begun.
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

Tomie oil pump and stock sump and a long sustained red line run

There's ya problem( that combo you need at least 11 litres down below)

Make sure you get a computer with a oil pressure switch with protection

I guess the clutch assembly failing going 4th to 5th and limiter bashing wouldve sealed the deal haha

It did have the oil restrictor in the block, and what i think was the 2nd port was completely blanked (is that normal setup?)

Ive gotta ring a few places up regarding a bigger sump..

My mate is sussing the bore size and previous piston sizing today.. and measuring the o-ring on the block to see if boring it to 87 (if its currently at 86-86.5) is viable

Gonna sus Nitto out today, see if my mate can get any love with trade pricing

Bores are at 87.5mm already lol.. guess im making a table